MediaTek Dimensity 1200, Dimensity 1100 5G Chipsets Launched
MediaTek announces two new chipsets in the Dimensity lineup. MediaTek Dimensity 1200 and 1100 5G SoCs unveils as the latest entrants in the company’s 5G Dimensity lineup. Moreover, both are basing on a 6nm architecture. According to the company, it says it has unrivaled AI, camera, and multimedia features for powerful 5G experiences. Furthermore, Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, and Realme will be releasing phones powered by the new SoC.
On the other hand, Realme shared that it will come with a flagship smartphone with the MediaTek Dimensity 1200 SoC. Smartphones using these chipsets can have top of the line hardware. Features such as high-resolution cameras, high refresh rate displays, and powerful performance.
The first devices with these new chipsets are to arrive in Q2 2021.
MediaTek Dimensity 1200 Features
- It is an octa-core SoC that features an ARM Cortex-A78 ultra core. In addition, it goes up to 3GHz with a 2X L2 cache.
- There are three ARM Cortex-A78 super cores up to 2.6GHz and four Arm Cortex-A55 efficiency cores clocked at up to 2GHz.
- Moreover, Dimensity 1200 SoC uses the Arm Mali-G77 MC9 GPU and supports a maximum of 16GB LDDR4x memory.
- In terms of display support, this SoC can deliver a maximum of 2,520×1,080 pixels and up to 168Hz refresh rate.
- In terms of optics, MediaTek Dimensity 1200 5G SoC supports a single 200-MP camera sensor or two sensors up to 32-MP + 16-MP.
- Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 6, multi-mode 5G, 4G, GPS, Bluetooth 5.2, and FM Radio.
- Additionally, MediaTek Dimensity 1200 received TÜV Rheinland certification as well for its 5G performance.
Dimensity 1100 Features
- It houses four Arm Cortex-A78 cores clocked at up to 2.6GHz. Additionally, with four Arm Cortex-A55 cores clocked at up to 2GHz.
- It also uses the Arm Mali-G77 MC9 GPU and supports a maximum of 16GB LDDR4x memory, as well as UFS 3.1 storage.
- The MediaTek Dimensity 1100 5G SoC can support up to 144Hz refresh rate and 2,520×1,080 pixels resolution.
- In terms of camera, the SoC can support up to a single 108-MP sensor or a 32-MP + 16-MP combo of sensors.
- Connectivity options are the same as the Dimensity 1200 SoC.
Both the SoCs from MediaTek comes with the company’s Networking Engine 3.0, Rapid Response Engine 3.0, and Resource Management Engine 3.0. Moreover, MediaTek Dimensity 1200 SoC supports PQ Engine 3.0 as well that handles ray tracing in mobile games and Augmented Reality (AR).
On the other hand, Realme announces that it will be among the first manufacturers to release a 5G flagship smartphone powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 1200 SoC. However, it did not share a timeline for the launch of this phone.
Meanwhile, GSMArena cites a person familiar with the matter to claim the Dimensity 1200 SoC can feature on the Realme X9 Pro.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.