Reliance Jio-Google Partnership Could Disrupt India’s Smartphone Market
The new upcoming smartphone as a resultant of this partnership is going to challenge all other mobile manufacturing and telecom operating companies as Reliance Jio is known for the disruption of bringing affordable handset and services in the smartphone market.
Highlights of the Story
- Reliance Jio and Google Partnership are aimed at launching the budget-friendly Android smartphone with compatibility to 5G in India.
- JioPhone is a feature phone with KiaOS, 4G connectivity, access to Jio apps, free voice calls, and much more ranging between ₹5,000- ₹7,000.
- Google has a bit of experience in optimizing its software and the app eco-system complied with an Android Go platform for budget smartphones.
- Google investment in Reliance Jio will be seen as a large scale migration from 4G to 5G.
Reliance Jio has announced that the Tech-lead Google has invested INR 33,737 crores in the Jio network. Now the Google is the shareholder of Jio 7.73% of shares. Both Jio and Google will collaboratively develop the entry-level 4G and 5G smartphones for the Indian market whose user interface will run on Android and will be easily available on Google play store.
Reliance Jio and Google Partnership
Jio platform today has been a collaborative effort with earlier Facebook investing INR 43,574 crores for 9.99% of shares and now the Google. Google aims to invest in the Jio platform for not only the development of Reliance Jio 4G phones in India or the Reliance Jio 5G Phones in India but also to proliferate and nurture India’s digital economy.
Earlier, Google announced the ‘Google for India Digitalization Fund’ where the company will invest INR 75,000 crores into India’s digital economy over the span of the next five to seven years from the day of declaration.
Sundar Pichai, CEO Google, once said, “Our investment of $4.5 billion in Jio is the first and the biggest investment we will make through this fund. I am excited that our joint collaboration will focus on increasing access for hundreds of millions of Indians who don’t currently own a smartphone while improving the mobile experience for all.”
Google is working on letting everyone in Indian with or without the past experience of having and handling a smartphone to have one for them at reasonably economical cost. The focus is to make everyone access the internet and encourage digital payments. Mukesh Ambani, Reliance Chairman, MD, in his speech, the company is working out in upgrading a total of 350 million featured JIO phone users to affordable 4G/5G handsets. The collaboration with Google aims to speed up the process of letting the users switch from 2G to 4G/5G.
Disruption in the Smartphone Market
Rushabh Doshi, a tech researched at Canalys quoted, “If history is anything to go by, Reliance will undercut other brands and pose a real threat to the low-end smartphone market”. Reliance Jio already pushed aside the 2G handset after launching JioPhone and JioPhone2.
Chinese smartphone market shareholders like Xiaomi, Realme, Oppo, Oneplus, and Vivo are highly vulnerable to losing out many potential customers due to this upcoming smartphone. Chances are high that the Chinese mobile manufacturing companies may revise and lower down the prices of their products in upcoming days.
Reliance Jio has collaborated with Qualcomm for achieving the same objective which gives a nerve grabbing thought that the company is damn serious about bringing new smartphones in India. The company has still not revealed anything about the upcoming smartphone but surely it will have Jio app pre-installed like Jio Saavn, Jio Cinema, and many more.
It will be a really jaw-dropping launch whenever the company will bring its resultant smartphone in the market. It will be very exciting to see how successful the collaboration will go and at what reasonable prices, offers, and features will Reliance Jio 4G/5G Phones be available in India.
Also read: Mobile Repair
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
- iPhone 12 vs iPhone 11 Pro full comparison and which one should you buy if you an 80000 budget.
- Here is a list of the top Android games of 2020 with the best graphics.
- There are a lot of features that we can easily find out just by scrolling down on our iPhone. But along with them, there are some of the features that are highly useful but hidden inside the roots of our iPhone, not known by many. Surprisingly, iOS 14 opens up the door to get in…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Vivo V20 definitely stands out in the design front. It offers a sleek, light weight design which definitely has a premium feel to it
- OPPO F17 Pro stands out on the design front. From its slim and compact form factor to the dual-tone matte-finished back panel, it is a gorgeous-looking phone.
- iPhone 12 Pro is a worthy upgrade with a new boxy design and A14 Bionic chipset, plus a slight upgrade in the camera.
- Poco X3 brings in some nice upgrades over the Poco X2 but it might feel bulky in hands.