Samsung Galaxy M01s
- SIM Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Expandable Memory microSDXC (dedicated slot),Up to 512GB
You May Also Explore
Most Compared Phones
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus₹29,990VSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- LG V35 ThinqVSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro₹14,990VSRealme 3 Pro₹12,999Know More
- Samsung Galaxy S10e₹46,990VSOnePlus 6T₹30,990Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7₹9,999VSOPPO K1₹13,990Know More
- LG G7 Plus ThinQ₹20,999VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹29,990Know More
- OPPO F9₹17,890VSOnePlus 6₹34,999Know More
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus₹29,990VSApple iPhone XR₹47,500Know More
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8₹43,965VSGoogle Pixel 2₹21,697Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSApple iPhone XR₹47,500Know More
- OPPO A5s₹8,989VSApple iPhone XR₹47,500Know More
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5GVSOnePlus 7 Pro₹39,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSRealme 5 Pro₹14,999Know More
- Tecno Spark Power 2₹9,999VSMotorola One Fusion Plus₹17,499Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSApple iPhone 11 Pro Max₹111,600Know More
- Samsung Galaxy A31₹19,999VSSamsung Galaxy A71₹30,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSSamsung Galaxy S10 5GKnow More
- Samsung Galaxy M20₹11,499VSSamsung Galaxy M11₹11,178Know More
- Motorola One Action₹10,999VSMotorola Moto G8 Power Lite₹8,999Know More
Memory & Storage
Samsung has put together a 6.2-inch HD+ Infinity-V screen, a dual-camera setup, an octa-core processor with a 4000mAh battery to power it all in a sleek and slim body of plastic, which considering the price is a great choice by Samsung. There is no word on fast charging capabilities but the price mostly indicates that there isn’t any support by the device.
- Fingerprint scanner is present
- Headphone jack is there
- microSD card slot is provided
- It is powered by Android 9
- micro-USB 2.0 instead of USB Type-C
Samsung in its bid to make its mark on the entry-level segment of smartphones has recently launched the Galaxy M01s. This is a fully budget oriented design which aims to give the buyers more for less. With an Infinity-V display of 6.2 inches and a slim & sleek design with a fingerprint scanner, let’s see how good is the Galaxy M01s on paper.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy M31s Price in India
Samsung Galaxy M01s Price in India
Samsung Galaxy M01s is going to retail for a price tag of ₹9,999 for the single 3GB + 32GB variant. The phone comes in two colour variants, Gray and Light Blue. The Galaxy M01s is listed on Samsung’s site and various online and offline channels for purchasing. This can be a great budget pick for the consumers who do not wish to opt for a Chinese smartphone under 10k segment.
Samsung has gone with a plastic frame and a plastic back design with a glass front for the screen on the Galaxy M01s. The screen is a 6.2-inch HD+ Infinity-V display with a screen to body ratio of 81.8%. There is a dual-camera setup with flash and a fingerprint scanner on the back of the device. The power button is present on the right side of the device while the volume buttons are placed on the left of the device.
The colour choice available for the Galaxy M01s is Gray and Light Blue.
The display on the Galaxy M01s is a 6.2-inch HD+ Infinity-V display. The display technology is a PLS TFT LCD with a pixel density of 271 PPI which is adequate considering the price and the resolution of the device. The screen to body ratio on this device is 81.8%. Not at all shocked to not see any mention of high refresh rate by Samsung in its budget devices.
For performance in the Galaxy M01s, Samsung has gone with the Mediatek Helio P22 octa-core processor which can clock up to 2.0GHz. On the other hand, Samsung has paired this with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage and the storage is expandable up to 512GB via the dedicated microSD card slot given.
Samsung Galaxy M01s runs on Android 9 with Samsung’s OneUI Core 1.1 on top of it. Android 9 for a smartphone launched in 2020 seems a bit odd and outdated. If performance on Android 10 couldn’t be the best, Samsung could have gone with Android 10 Go version instead which is specifically aimed towards devices like the Galaxy M01s.
In terms of camera, the Galaxy M01s is equipped with a dual-camera setup with a 13MP main sensor and a 2MP depth sensor for portrait shots. The rear camera is capable of 1080p video output at 30fps. The selfie camera is an 8MP sensor which is present on the V-shaped notch on the top of the display.
Samsung Galaxy M31S is equipped with a 4000mAh battery which is advertised to last up to 12 hours of non-stop watching of the video. Also, there is no word by Samsung on any fast charging support on the Galaxy M01s.
Samsung Galaxy M01s by Samsung is the perfect choice for the entry-level smartphone buyers with most of the essential features baked into the device. The only turn off from this device is that even in 2020, Samsung has decided to go with Android 9 for this device which is a concern from a security standpoint. But the Galaxy M01s is a good phone for those who expect a basic usage with this device. It’s a good thing that Samsung is still catering to the entry-level consumers in this day and age.