A fantastic mid-range model, Vivo V9, it has excellent AI integration in its powerful cameras. Priced at Rs. 14,994, the Vivo V9 can be a mid-range marvel with a bit of a hiccup in the performance department.
While the Vivo V9 appears beautiful with a comfortable design and a bright display, the phone begins to struggle with its weak battery and weak performance. However, if you are someone who’s looking for a phone with a great set of AI-integrated cameras arriving at a low price, then this can be a great phone to consider.
- The Vivo V9 has an almost premium design with ergonomic advantage for the comfort of the user.
- The Vivo V9 has a fantastic IPS screen with the latest 19:9 aspect ratio and a massive 90% screen to body ratio ensuring that you get an immersive experience.
- The AI integrated rear camera can work wonderfully to capture the details of daylight images.
- The selfie-camera is also AI integrated, and it helps to remove blemishes by using Beautify mode, which is capable of detecting several aspects of the human face.
- The back panel of the Vivo V9 attracts fingerprint smudges.
- The phone lags in the performance department as it is fitted with a mediocre processor that results in choppy gaming performance.
- The battery of the phone is just about average. With light use, it can get through an entire day, but it struggles with moderate use.
- The low-light performance of the camera is just average.
The Vivo V9 is a potent model and is capable of performing essential tasks without a stutter. However, it does lag when it is matched with the competitors that it is facing in the mid-range market. If you want a capable phone without shelling out too much money for a Samsung or Redmi, then this might be a good phone to consider.
The Vivo V9 is a brilliant mid-range phone with beautiful cameras and display, but it struggles to add enough power under its hood.
The Vivo V9 arrives with a 6.3-inch IPS screen with a 1080×2280 resolution and a modern 9:19 aspect ratio. The phone has decent viewing angles, but there is a bit of a reddish tinge to the colour, stealing its punchy effect.
The screen is large enough, and gives an immersive effect with a screen-to-body ratio of about 90 per cent. The display is quite bright, but the only problem is that the screen struggles when it comes under direct sunlight.
Vivo V9 comes with a user-friendly width and length which is adequate to be both comfortable as well as an immersive experience. The phone has a small notch which has the selfie camera and ambient light sensors on it, along with a tiny notification light. The mid-range phone may not feel premium, but it is not cheap either. The glossy rear panel is of a plastic build, and due to its glossy finish, it tends to get fingerprint smudges on it.
The back panel houses the fingerprint scanner, which is a bit too high to be completely comfortable. The phone comes with rounded corners and thus sits comfortably in your palm. Plus, at 150g, it is quite light-weight too.
The Vivo V9 may have a near-premium design, but its internals are a bit on the lower end. The phone is fitted with an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 626, SoC which is clocked at 2.2GHz, paired with 4GB of RAM. The Snapdragon 600 series is a reliable chipset, but it falls short of the faster and modern 800 series. However, the phone runs quite well, without lagging when running multiple apps. It gets 4546 points in multi-core score in Geekbench 4. In general, the Face Unlock feature works wonderfully and is quite snappy, especially in well-lit conditions.
Regarding gaming, the phone can run casual games smoothly without any issue. However, when it comes to modern games, the phone falters – especially with high-end games being run at high graphics. Being a mid-range phone, the Vivo V9 comes with quite a mediocre processor.
The Vivo V9 arrives with a 16MP primary sensor along with a 5MP depth sensor. It also has an AI-powered beautify mode which, as per Vivo, can detect gender, age, skin tone, texture, and lighting angles and use such information for enhancing the output. The phone could provide decent photos in ideal light conditions, with quick focus and accurate exposure.
However, the output lacked a bit of detail and was a bit grainy. Macros were better as it was possible to distinguish between background and subject. In low light, the camera quality dropped drastically. The focus was slow, and the phone failed to capture enough details. The shots turn out blurry.
The Vivo V9 arrives with a 24MP front camera along with AI-assisted beautify mode. The selfies carry enough details to be put on social media. However, at night, they capture a lot of visual noise.
The Vivo V9 maxes out at 4K video recording which results in fantastic footage being captured. However, the phone does not offer Optical Image Stabilization or Electronic Image Stabilisation, which means the footage can get shaky.
The Vivo V9 arrives with a 3260mAh battery which, as per the phone capacity, is quite an average one. Moderate use – like playing PUBG, streaming YouTube videos and WhatsApp – found the battery getting drained by evening.
Running an HD video on loop saw that the phone was able to last for about 8 hours and 49 minutes, which is quite average. All in all, the phone does not come equipped with a capable battery.
The Vivo V9 comes with a beautiful design and stunning display, but it falters when it comes to its internals. It arrives with a dated processor which tends to lag with intensive gaming. The battery powering the phone does not have enough juice to last the phone for a long time, and the cameras are just passable, struggling in low-light situations. On the whole, the phone is just okay and suitable for anymore looking for a cheap model to enter the low-tier mid-range phones.
However, there are much better phones present in the market, and so, Vivo V9 is not the best recommendation.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- ColorSapphire Blue
- Back Camera5 MP
- Front Camera24 MP
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.09 inches
- Weight150 g
- ColorSapphire Blue
- ColorGold, Black, Sapphire Blue
- BuildPlastic body
- Width2.96 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Display Size6.25 inch to 6.5 inch
- Screen Size6.3 inches
- Display Resolution1080 x 2280 pixels
- Display TypeIPS LCD
- Pixel Density400 ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio85.20%
- CPUOcta-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53
- OSAndroid 8.1 (Oreo) Funtouch 4
- Chipset GPQualcomm MSM8953-Pro Snapdragon 626 (14 nm)
- RAM4 GB RAM
- GPUAdreno 506
- Storage64 GB
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Dual Camera16 MP, f/2.05 MP, depth sensor
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera24 MP, f/2.0
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity3260 mAh
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3200 mAh to 3400 mAh
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio, recording
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, March
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, April
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Vivo V9
- With each passing day, online streaming providers including Netflix. Prime Videos and Hotstar is getting more popular. These internet content providers make it extremely easy to stream content on portable devices including smartphones. New smartphones such as the OnePlus 7 Pro, iPhone 11 and the Samsung Galaxy S20 now support HDR Displays that can really improve the quality of content delivery for the supported content.
- Best Smartphones with 8GB RAMFri, 27 Mar'20RAM is an important and integral component of a smartphone, it has generally been in our minds that having more RAM makes a smartphone faster, we don’t deny it but it’s not true completely. Having more RAM in a smartphone makes app loading times faster, and enables a smoother overall smartphone experience. And here is the list of the few best smartphones with 8GB RAM in India.
- Best 5G Smartphones That You Can Buy Right Now In India!Thu, 26 Mar'205G rumours and testing has been hovering all around the world, and India has finally got some officially launched 5G Smartphones that are available for sale. Many People do not change their smartphones every now and then, and continue to use it for 4-5years. India will be getting the 5G services in the upcoming few years, and if you are the one who doesn’t change the phone often and want to be ready with a 5G handset before the network becomes live, here are a list of the best few 5G Smartphones available in India right now.
- The COVID19 Crisis has left kids and elders stranded at home all alike, without regular classes going on for children it is important to keep them busy with something productive so that they don’t get bored. This is a great opportunity to get your children familiar with something that they can enjoy without having to keep them under constant supervision.
- The COVID-19 outbreak might have got everyone around here by a surprise but we gotta respect the government's decision to keep things outright. While doing so, which means you have to stay under any circumstances, it gets really boring for not being able to catch up with your friends and whatnot. Well, here are some games for you to try out when quarantined.
- Best Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 7000 In IndiaThu, 26 Mar'20Budget smartphone category is the one that most buyers in India aim for, this range of smartphones is best suited for those who are looking for a smartphone that is good for basic social media, calling and internet browsing. In this article, we list out some of the best smartphones that fall under this under Rs. 7000 price segment.
- Top 5 Android Smartphones with 6GB RAMThu, 26 Mar'20With advancements in technology, smartphones have become extremely common these days. It is something that most people use several times a day to communicate, to play games and sometimes, even to get work done. RAM is an integral component of the smartphone that helps it perform smoothly. Here is a list of top 5 smartphones with 6 GB RAM.
- Best Apps For Android And iOS To Help You Work From HomeThu, 26 Mar'20The Novel Corona Virus or COVID19 has caused major disruption in work schedules for many people, offices are being shut down and people are being asked to work from home all across the world. This massive change in the work climate demands changes in the ways you work, applications like Slack, Zoom, and Trello help you work easily from home collaborating with your team remotely.
- Best Free Android Launchers to Hide ApplicationsThu, 26 Mar'20While each Android Smartphone comes with a default launcher, most people tend to replace the default launcher with one of the amazing 3rd party launchers in the Google Play Store. There are several amazing launchers such as the Microsoft Launcher and Poco launcher that add a lot of functionality and come with the Hide Application feature as well that lets you hide some of your apps from the app drawer.
- Useful Ways to Utilise Your Smartphone CameraTue, 24 Mar'20There are ways to use your smartphone’s camera other than shooting photos and videos. This can include scanning barcodes, taking pictures for proof, etc and we will discuss the best ways in which you can utilize your phone’s camera.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 8spec scoreOPPO F9₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreHonor Play₹11,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreHonor 10 Lite₹10,280Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreVivo V9 Youth₹8,990Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreVivo Z1Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreVivo V11IAdd to compare
- 8.3spec scoreRealme 3 Pro₹12,330Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreOPPO F7₹17,990Add to compare
- 8spec scoreHonor 10₹19,999Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreRealme U1₹7,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreRealme 6₹12,999Add to compare
- 6.8spec scoreOPPO Reno3 Pro₹29,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme X50 Pro 5G₹37,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy S20 Ultra₹92,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Black Shark 3Add to compare
- 8spec scoreOPPO Find X2Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 6 Pro₹16,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro MaxAdd to compare
- 7.8spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro₹12,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreSamsung Galaxy S20₹66,999Add to compare