Why Is My Phone’s Battery Draining So Fast?
Cover Image Source: https://www.androidauthority.com/
We all are addicted to our smartphones and we spend almost half our day scrolling through social media. And this activity uses a lot of resources including processing power, wifi signals, display panel and a lot more. All these components in a smartphone consume battery and the more the smartphone you use the more the battery drains quickly. Every one of us wants to keep our phone running as much as possible. There are many users who face the battery draining issue in their smartphones. And there are many reasons that lead to the quick draining of your smartphone’s battery. However, the important thing is to identify the cause and resolve the issue. Here, in this article, we will discuss why the phone’s battery drain so fast.
Keeping your phone on Max Screen Brightness
Image Source: https://www.dev2qa.com/
The smartphone display eats up more battery than any other individual component of a device. And that’s because it is the only way we interact with a phone. With smartphones getting bigger and support for high-resolution QHD+ and high refresh rate displays. The display panel resolution and size has become the most important factor for draining the battery. And that’s the reason all battery saving guides and tutorials revolve around tweaking the display to save the battery.
If the screen brightness is too high, it is going to eat the battery of your phone. In order to save your phone’s battery from draining, you can adjust its screen brightness to a minimum feasible level or you can also set the automatic brightness. Doing this will automatically determine how bright the screen should be based on your surroundings and it will adjust the brightness accordingly. Along with that, you can also reduce the amount of time that the screen of your phone takes to turn off when it is idle. This way you can reduce the wastage of battery of your smartphone.
Your Phone Keeps On Searching for Wi-Fi Networks
Image Source: https://profandroid.com/
Although choosing Wi-Fi over data not only saves your data but also your monthly bills, but keeping your Wi-Fi ON all the time may prove not so good for your device. In the process of searching for a Wi-Fi signal constantly, your phone’s battery can be easily drained out. So, in case, if you are not connecting to any Wi-Fi network, it is better to turn off Wi-Fi on your device.
Read also: Best mobile phones under 20000
Tons of Notifications
Image Source: https://thenextweb.com
Along with emails, messages, and updates, there are many apps that take the user’s permission to send the notification. And that’s why your phone keeps on blinking, vibrating, and playing notification sounds the whole day. This constant notification stream can eat up the battery of your phone. So, you can turn off the notifications for those apps which you don’t use frequently and you will receive notifications for those apps for which you care about. This will cut down the number of alerts and requests you get on your phone.
Background Apps Are Eating Your Phone’s Battery
Image Source: https://www.cultofmac.com/
There are many apps that keep running in the background, using data and consequently draining your phone’s battery. However, you can check out which apps are running in the background and eating your phone’s battery. Just go to Settings, then navigate to Battery and you will see which app is using how much battery. Also, here you can disable the background activity of an app which eating too much battery.
Read also: New Smartphone Launches
Poor Cell Reception
Image Source: https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/
At times, your phone’s battery performance gets affected because of spotty service in that area. If you are in any such area where the cell phone receptions are bad, then your battery will drain out faster. It is due to the reason that your phone is constantly trying to communicate with nearby towers to keep you connected but when unable to do so it will work extra hard to reach the network and get you back on the grid. In this whole process, your phone’s battery starts draining out. This generally happens when you are in a massive building or in any rural area where signals are very less and weak or you are traveling between different cities at very fast speed. To resolve this issue, you can switch your carrier and choose for better option if this problem is due to weak signals. Also, you can keep your phone in airplane mode while traveling.
Hardware Issues in Your Device
Image Source: https://www.androidauthority.com/
If you examined the battery usage of your apps, screen time and other factors that affect the battery but still face the draining issue, then it is also possible that your phone has hardware issues. Your battery might be faulty, or there may be a case where the charging mechanism of your smartphone is faulty which is not charging the battery to its maximum capacity. So, get the hardware of your phone checked. To do so, you can go to a store and take a professional’s advice.
Read also: Top 10 Mobile Phones
So, we hope that you find this article helpful. These are the prime reasons behind your phone’s bad battery performance along with some quick solutions. The resolving steps are not that much tricky or difficult to apply, you can do it yourself even if you are not that much tech-savvy person.
In case you still can’t fix this issue and you are looking to upgrade your smartphone then you can Click here if you want to sell your old mobile phone for the best price!
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.