Attention Windows Users! Here’s How To Update Windows 10 The Easiest Way
Where is the Control Panel? How to update Windows 10? What is going on even? Navigating through the Windows user interface, especially if you are a new user, can seem a bit confusing at first. Don’t worry, we have simplified it all here!
Table Of Contents
- 1Windows 10 How To Update Guide: Step-By-Step
- 2How To Update Windows 10: FAQs
- 3The Takeaway!
Highlights of the Story
- Whether you are a new user or never really gave updating Windows 10 a try, this article is for you.
- We have given the simplest and easiest answer on how to download Windows 10.
- In just a couple steps, this Windows 10 how to update guide will educate you on everything about it.
Windows 10 offers a very easy-to-understand user interface and most users may not face any issue in finding what they are looking for. However, if you are here, you probably confused about how to update Windows 10. Don’t worry, we have all been there. It becomes a tad bit confusing especially if you have been a Mac user and are shifting to the Windows experience. Don’t worry, you have come to the right place to get all your questions answered.
Good news is that Windows 10 actually automatically installs updates if you let it do so. However, whether it is for a poor internet connection or some other reason, automatic download of Windows 10 updates may glitch out. In other words, you may often have to manually download and install these updates. There is no need to break a sweat as the answer to how to update Windows 10 is rather super easy!
Windows 10 How To Update Guide: Step-By-Step
All it takes is a couple of clicks here and a couple of clicks there to update Windows 10. There is no rocket science involved and by the end of this guide, you will be an absolute Pro at this. Without any further ado, let us dive right in!
Step 1: First things first, locate the Start Menu button at the left hand-side bottom corner of your screen. This is the Windows logo button. You can also just simply tap the Windows key on your keyboard.
Step 2: Now, right above your Power Options button, you will see the Settings icon (symbolised with a gear-like icon). Click on this.
Step 3: In here, you will come across a large variety of options. What you are looking for is the last option called Update & Security. Once you locate it, click it.
Step 4: You will then see Windows Update as the first option in the left panel. You will directly land on this option as soon as you click and open the Update & Security option.
Step 5: Here, click on the Check for updates option.
Step 6: If there are no updates to download and install, you will see the “You’re up to date” message with a green tick. However, if there are updates that need to be download and installed, you will see the options to do so here. Simply tap on the download prompt and wait for Windows 10 to update.
Do note that for the update to install, you will need to restart your device. However, if you have some important work to do and can’t spare the restart, you can do so later. There is no hard and fast rule that will push you into updating it then and there. So, don’t worry.
Moving on, let us take a quick look at all the important questions that may be bothering you on your quest of how to update Windows 10.
How To Update Windows 10: FAQs
1. How do I manually update my Windows 10 PC?
As we mentioned before, all you need to do is head over to Start Menu > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates. That’s pretty much it and you will be able to easily update your Windows 10 manually.
2. How long do updates take to install?
There are a lot of factors that determine the answer to this question. It is heavily dependent on your internet speed, update size and the like. For example, it can take you anywhere between 2 to 4 hours to download Windows 11 update and install it on your Windows 10 running laptop.
3. Is it alright to skip these updates?
Updates are of paramount importance for your laptop or desktop to be healthy. These cumulative and security patch upgrades allow your device to be more stable. Additionally, they will anyway automatically download and install themselves and you can’t pause updates forever. Besides, if you are already going through our Window 10 how to update guide, you probably already know the significance of updates.
4. Can I schedule updates as per my convenience?
Totally! Here’s how to do so easily:
- Right beside a downloaded update, you will see two options – Restart now and Schedule the restart. Click on the latter option.
- Then, you will be taken to the Update Scheduling page. Here, first thing that you need to do is toggle on the Schedule a time option. Right after that you will see the greyed out Pick a time and Pick a day options be available. All you have to do is select your convenient time and date. You have successfully customised your update schedule.
Also read: How to change WiFi password?
5. I’m facing issues when downloading and installing updates. How to fix this?
There are multiple things you can try in case your device is not downloading and installing updates. Here are a few methods that work:
- Lot of time, your device may get disconnected from the internet. So, the first thing that you need to do is check if its connected to the internet. All it may be is just a classic case of no internet connectivity. Unstable internet often causes your Windows 10 updates to go haywire.
- Once you are connected to the internet, try installing the updates manually. You already know how to do that from our previously mentioned steps.
- One of the other things that is surprisingly effective is running the Windows Update Troubleshooter. To do so, you need to navigate to Start Menu > Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Other Troubleshooters > Most frequent > Windows Update
We most certainly do hope that our step-by-step guide and FAQs were enough to answer all your queries regarding how to update Windows 10. The Windows user interface is straightforward and friendly enough for you to gradually come around and use all of its abundant features. In case we missed something out, do let us know in the comments section!
Is your laptop lagging and stuttering way too much? Maybe it is time to finally upgrade to a new laptop and sell your old device. You can either Sell laptop online or Recycle old laptop with Cashify and get rewarded for it instantly!
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…
- We all have to agree that the Apple Airpods Pro is an exceptional earbud, and because it is outstanding, it has multiple evil twins, aka fake Airpods. So, have you recently bought an Apple Airpods pro and wondered if the product is original or not? There is a quick and effective way to check its…
- There is probably a thin line between Realme GT Neo 3 and OnePlus 9RT; both mobile phones are spectacular in their price bracket. However, experts like us only notice a few bits here and there. So, to help you out, we have brought a full comparison between the Realme GT Neo 2 VS OnePlus 9RT.…