Xiaomi Working On New In-display Camera Tech
Xiaomi’s video from last year showcasing the magic of under-display cameras was indeed a next step forward. The company finally announced that they will be mass-producing smartphones with under-display cameras from next year itself.
Highlights of the Story
- Xiaomi is all set to start releasing smartphones with under-display cameras from next year
- ZTE is expected to introduce an under-display camera phone next Tuesday, September 1
- Both Xiaomi and Oppo announced the technology last year
Looks like Xiaomi’s third generation under-display camera technology is going to take the market by storm when it lands. However, it is important to understand the technology first.
Xiaomi’s Under-Display Camera Tech: What Is It?
An under-display camera is quite literally what it sounds like. It refers to a camera that will no longer require a notch.
However, Xiaomi had released a video of a prototype of MI 9 having an under-display camera. The video was released on Twitter in June last year by Xiaomi’s director of product management, Donovan Sung.
The tweet from Donovan read, “Another video from #Xiaomi President Bin Lin, showing off a very exciting phone prototype… Here’s our #Mi9 with under-display camera, full-screen display and great selfie experience. No holes, no pop-ups, no notch… What does everyone think?”
This indeed was a very big tease of what was about to come. Selfie cameras have been constantly evolving in recent years. From waterdrop notches to punch-holes and now the under-display design, a lot will change.
3 Upcoming Under-Display Camera Phones
After Xiaomi’s release of the concept last year, we expected the Mi Mix 4 to come with the latest camera technology. However, the company faced some issues earlier this year. This might delay the commercial launch of the new camera technology. In April of this year, certain pieces of information showed up online. Renders clearly show the ultimate design for the upcoming phones planned by the company.
Vivo Apex 2020
Vivo has plans to launch their under-display camera phones too. The company always tends to come up with new concepts with the Apex phones. Furthermore, the Vivo Apex 2020 is expected to come with a variety of new features. The phone is expected to have a 16-megapixel under-display camera. We can also expect to see a 6.45-inch ultra-curved display that bends at 120 degrees on both sides. This in turn will offer ultra narrow bezels.
Oppo showcased its futuristic camera tech along with Xiaomi last year as well. However, Oppo decided to take it a step further by revealing a few other features. The prototype Oppo showed was also button-less and had no ports or camera bumps. Although there were certain flaws to it, we can expect to see a working phone anytime soon.
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.