Comparison: Apple Watch Series 6 Vs Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
Apple’s recent release of the Apple Watch Series 6 was quite big. The launch was a blessing for Apple fans out there and made us want to compare it to the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2. Here goes a detailed comparison of the two.
Highlights of the Story
- The Apple Watch Series 6 is for the Apple fans out there
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 has better sensors and accuracy
- The Active 2 is also priced much lower than that of the Series 6
Apple fans were more than happy with the latest Apple Watch Series 6 release. Although it is a great addition to the series, it barely offers anything super new. It is not any different than its predecessor, the Apple Watch Series 5. However, it is definitely going to provide the same seamless experience or slightly better. That is what drives Apple fans to going for these wearables. It is as premium an experience as it can get, overall. Furthermore, one more benefit of going for this Apple watch is that users get an endless app selection. The optional LTE connectivity and feature updates add to it.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 is a great successor on the other hand. Users who wanted more from the Galaxy Watch Active won’t be disappointed with this one bit. The watch lives up to the expectations by providing enhanced sensors and improved GPS accuracy. Furthermore, the watch also features an innovative digital rotating bezel alongside an updated Running Coach feature. Also, it is significantly cheaper than the Apple Watch Series 6.
Apple Watch Series 6 Vs Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2: Design And Display
Both these watches are very different in terms of their design. While the Apple Watch Series 6 comes in a rectangular display, the Galaxy Watch Active 2 comes in a circular one. Apple has a more modern take on their smartwatches while Samsung has decided to go with the traditional look of a watch. Both these watches will appeal to people with different tastes.
The Galaxy Watch Active 2 is available in aluminum and a more expensive stainless steel case. These cases are available in 40mm and a 44mm sizes. On the other hand, the Apple Watch Series 6 comes in stainless steel, aluminum, and titanium with 40 and 44mm size options.
Furthermore, both the smartwatches uses OLED panels. Additionally, both these devices have LTE versions as well. However, the way the display works in the two is very different. While the Galaxy Watch Active 2 gives users the option to set the brightness of their devices, the Apple Watch works on LTPO. LTPO refers to low-temperature polycrystalline oxid. What this does is it makes the display an always-on one and automatically sets the brightness. The great thing here is even with the always-on display, the Apple watch delivers up to 18 hours of battery life.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 Vs Apple Watch Series 6 Price In India
The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 Pricing is as follows (September 2020 Update):
- Bluetooth Aluminium Version – Rs. 23,990
- Bluetooth Steel Version – Rs. 28,490
- Bluetooth + LTE (4G) Aluminium Version – Rs. 28,490
- Bluetooth + LTE (4G) Steel Version – Rs. 32,490
The Apple Watch Series 6 Price in India is as follows:
- Apple Watch SE (GPS Version) – Rs. 29,990
- Apple Watch SE (GPS + 4G/LTE Version) – Rs. 33,990
- Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS Version) – Rs. 40,900
- Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS + 4G/LTE) – Rs. 49,900
Apple has said that both the Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 6 will be available for purchase in 40mm and 44mm sizes in India. We are yet to know the prices of all variants.
Apple Watch Series 6 Vs Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2: Features
Apple has finally come up with a feature fans of the company have always wanted in their smartwatches. This is the sleep monitoring or sleep tracking feature. This is a great addition to users who love to keep track of their overall health aspects. Previously, a third party app had to be downloaded for sleep tracking. This is available in the Galaxy Watch Active 2. In fact, it might even be slightly better in the Samsung smartwatch. As Apple released this feature recently, it needs a lot of updates.
When it comes to similarity of features in the two watches, both of them have the ECG feature. The electrocardiogram feature allows users to detect irregular heartbeats. Furthermore, these irregularities can reveal potential health risks which is an important feature to have. Both the watches also come with Blood Oxygen Level Sensors as well.
Additionally, the Apple Watch Series 6 also comes with a new feature called the Apple Fitness+. This features provides users with new workouts and real-time metrics during workouts. Furthermore, buyers will get 3 months of this subscription feature for free.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 has a lot of upgrades over its predecessor. Users will get a more accurate LED-based heart rate monitor along with an advanced accelerometer. Additionally, the watch also features an improved GPS alongside various other improvements. The watch also features an improved Running Coach feature which offers real-time metrics now. A Fall Detection feature is present on the device as well for security purposes.
Which To Buy?
If you are someone who has not had a smartwatch before and wants one right now, this could be a tough choice to make. Both the devices are excellent value for money options. Moreover, it depends on what you exactly want your smartwatch to deliver. If you want a more premium and latest offering, go for the Apple Watch Series 6. This will also be a better choice if you are an Apple fan already.
On the other hand, the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 is an all-rounder. Not only does it come with a variety of features, it is worth upgrading to if you already own the predecessor. With the updates and everything else that the watch comes with, it is a great option as well. Additionally, the watch costs significantly less than the Apple Watch Series 6. This makes the Active 2 a clear winner in terms of being an overall amazing device to go for.
Both these devices are packed with features that are game changing in the realm of smartwatches. The devices give each other neck-to-neck competition and are amazing in their own ways. There are pros and cons to everything and it is ultimately for you to decide whether you want an iOS or Android experience. Either way, both the smartwatches are excellent value for money offerings by the two companies.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…