Fire TV’s Alexa Will Now Support Hindi Too
Amazon Fire TV devices are getting Hindi language support via an update. The OTA update allows users on Fire TV devices to ask Alexa questions in Hindi.
Highlights of the Story
- Amazon is rolling out Hindi support for Alexa on Fire TV
- An OTA update will allow users to start speaking in Hindi
- Alexa Routines to Fire TV have been expanded
The Hindi language update for Alexa adds to the existing English language support. Additionally, Amazon has also expanded Alexa Routines to Fire TV devices. Moreover, this is available in India along with a bunch of other global markets. This allows users to execute multiple actions across smart home devices via the Alexa integration.
The new update allows you to speak in Hindi with Amazon Alexa on your Fire TV. Furthermore, it is applicable to Amazon Fire Stick devices too. The update basically allows you to explore Alexa in Hindi for a bunch of different features. These include music, personality, smart home, timers and alarms, weather, news, local search, skills and more.
The update will come to all Fire TV users via an OTA update in a couple of days. Moreover, this will not only allows users to speak in Hindi with Alexa but also receive Hindi inputs from the AI. To check for your update, you can head over to Settings> My Fire TV> About> Check for Updates.
Once you receive the update, head over to Settings> Preferences> Language to start using the Hindi language support. Moreover, if you are a new user, you can easily select the language as Hindi when setting up your device.
Amazon added Hindi support to the Alexa app on Android and iOS back in September. They also brought Hindi support to Amazon Echo devices in September last year.
Amazon Alexa Update: What More?
Additionally, Fire TV devices can also be a part of Alexa Routines now. This allows users to carry out multiple actions simultaneously. Users can power a Fire TV device at one time and play music on a Fire TV device at the same time.
If you create an Alexa Routine and say, “Alexa, I’m getting a snack,”, Alexa will pause your Fire TV content and turn on the smart lights. Moreover, when you say, “I’m back,” Alexa turns your content back on and turns off the smart lights.
Also read: Everything New In PUBG Royale Pass Season 16
Additionally, multiple routines can be set up using the app. To link your Fire TV device to the app, go to Settings > TV & Video > Fire TV.
The company has stated that the latest Amazon Routines update is rolling out to all Fire TV devices. However, one thing to note is that you will need HDMI-CEC support to use the Routine feature if you are on a Fire TV Stick.
The update is minimal but very helpful in a whole lot of ways. From individuals who are comfortable in the Hindi language to only Hindi speaking folks will find their comfort zone with this update.
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
- iPhone 12 vs iPhone 11 Pro full comparison and which one should you buy if you an 80000 budget.
- Here is a list of the top Android games of 2020 with the best graphics.
- There are a lot of features that we can easily find out just by scrolling down on our iPhone. But along with them, there are some of the features that are highly useful but hidden inside the roots of our iPhone, not known by many. Surprisingly, iOS 14 opens up the door to get in…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Vivo V20 definitely stands out in the design front. It offers a sleek, light weight design which definitely has a premium feel to it
- OPPO F17 Pro stands out on the design front. From its slim and compact form factor to the dual-tone matte-finished back panel, it is a gorgeous-looking phone.
- iPhone 12 Pro is a worthy upgrade with a new boxy design and A14 Bionic chipset, plus a slight upgrade in the camera.
- Poco X3 brings in some nice upgrades over the Poco X2 but it might feel bulky in hands.