Apple Watch Series 6 Vs Samsung Galaxy Watch 3: Comparison
Apple Watch Series 6 and Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 are the two big brands in smartwatches. Let us see how they differ.
Highlights of the Story
- Apple launches its new addition in the smartwatch, Watch Series 6.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 launched just a month back.
- They both have FDA-approved ECG monitor and SpO2 readings.
A smartwatch showdown hugely anticipated between two brands is finally happening with the launch of Apple Watch Series 6. It is directly competing with its biggest rival in the smartwatch market, Samsung Galaxy Watch 3. Both of these smartwatches launched a month apart with added features and more.
In the meantime, you can also how this new launch by Apple compares to Samsung’s Galaxy Watch Active 2. There is also a spec by spec comparison of both new watches launched by Apple recently.
Apple Watch Series 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3: Design
Apple’s design in the watch has remained the golden standard for most users. It never made any changes in its design since it first came in 2015. The iconic squircle still lends a modern look. Moreover, it looks even better in exclusive new Product Red and blue finishes.
Also Read: Realme Narzo 20 Launched in India
However, Galaxy Watch 3 looks more like a traditional watch. It comes with a clever rotating bezel to navigate menus. On the other hand, the watch still has its analog watch style and comes in circular screen design.
Apple Watch Series 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3: Display
Series 6 comes with a 1.57″ (40 mm), Always-on 324 x 398 (40 mm), and 1.78″ (44 mm), 368 x 448 (44 mm) Retina OLED display. Whereas, Watch 3 comes with 1.2″ AMOLED (41 mm), 1.4″ AMOLED (45 mm) Retina OLED displays.
Both of these watches have the Always-on feature. However, Apple Watch’s screen is a little higher-resolution (448 x 368) than the Galaxy Watch 3’s (360 x 360). Here, both design and display are almost identical with some differences. It all now depends on what soothes your personal choice?
Apple Watch Series 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3: Health and fitness features
Smartwatches turning into medical devices is the latest trend in the last year. Both of these watches are prime examples of it. They both have GPS, an optical heart rate sensor, a gyro/accelerometer combo, and altimeter function. Additionally, it comes with an ECG/EKG (electrocardiogram) sensor and blood oxygen sensor which is advanced.
Samsung did not receive its FDA-approval until the Galaxy Watch 3’s reveal. However, Apple is running with its FDA-cleared ECG sensor from Series 4. Features like SpO2 and ECG sensors need to be cleared by the relevant body in a particular country. Samsung’s new watch will enable this feature soon.
Also Read: LG K42 Launched – See All Details Here
Both the Galaxy Watch 3 and Apple Watch Series 6 offer sleep tracking. They both give almost accurate readings but Apple’s sleep tracking is coveted the most.
In addition, they offer a large catalog of preset workouts, as well as automatic workout-tracking. They also have VO2 max readings, which is considered a key metric for runners.
However, Apple has come up with a new extra for the users called Apple Fitness+. It is a subscription service that offers guided video workouts on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV. These cover activities like yoga, indoor cycling and running on a treadmill.
Apple Watch Series 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3: Apps and music storage
Both of these smartwatches have their own stores for browsing and installing programs. It makes the user experience the best. Third-party apps can greatly improve the functionality of a smartwatch. Series 6 gets the most out of these compared to Watch 3 as most of the app’s release first for Apple and then others.
Here, the Apple Watch Series 6 and Galaxy Watch 3 have on-board storage for saving music and other audio. With the Galaxy Watch 3’s 8GB of music storage, it can save tunes for offline play black with a Spotify Premium subscription.
However, Apple’s smartwatch comes with four times as much storage as the Watch 3.
Apple Watch Series 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3: Battery Life, OS, Power
Galaxy Watch 3 can last up to two days, it also depends on workout tracking and settings. However, Apple says the Watch 6 lasts 18 hours, like the previous generation watches.
However, on the OS front, Samsung’s Tizen OS-based system uses the rotating bezel to scroll through pages of info screens, and a circular apps menu. This particular watch comes with Tizen OS 5.5
Apple’s watchOS interface is more 3D and the latest software update is available for watchOS.
Apple Watch Series 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3: Prices
However, Galaxy Watch 3 with a 41mm variant with Wi-Fi is pricing at Rs. 29,990 while the 4G model is pricing at Rs. 34,490. On the other hand, the 45mm variant is pricing at Rs. 32,990 for the Wi-Fi model and Rs. 38,990 for the 4G model.
Apple Watch Series 6 price in India is set at Rs 40,900. This is the price for the GPS variant while the one with both GPS and Cellular network starts from Rs 49,900. Both these variants will be available for purchase in 40mm and 44mm sizes in India.
Here the question is, which one is right for you and your lifestyle. Not which one is better. However, if you are an iPhone owner, it is best for you to go with Series 6 as opposed to the other.
On the other hand, the Apple Watch Series 6 launch dates are not out yet.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 20000
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…
- I have a quick question for you. How much are you willing to spend on your next Bluetooth speaker? If you are going to answer above Rs.5000, then maybe you don’t have to spend that much. Because today we are reviewing Sony’s all-new SRS-XB13 Bluetooth speaker, which is priced at Rs.3,990 and could very well…
- Today, we will be talking about the iQOO Z3 camera which is one of the best performing cameras under the Rs. 20,000 segment. We will be first discussing the camera specifications of the phone: Camera Specifications iQOO Z3 comes with a triple rear camera setup with a 64MP primary camera, 8MP ultra wide angle lens…
- There have been so many new smartphone launches in recent days. This is the reason smartphone buyers may usually get confused while buying a phone. The under Rs. 20,000 price segment has so many phones that choosing a single smartphone has become very difficult. However, we have a new launch in this price segment which…
- This article will let you know every little detail about iQOO Z3 which may not have been clear earlier. This article will clear all your doubts related to iQOO Z3 and in case you are planning to purchase the iQOO Z3, this article will answer all your questions. Today, we will be answering 25 FAQ…