Apple Watch Series 6 Vs Samsung Galaxy Watch 3: Comparison
Apple Watch Series 6 and Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 are the two big brands in smartwatches. Let us see how they differ.
Highlights of the Story
- Apple launches its new addition in the smartwatch, Watch Series 6.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 launched just a month back.
- They both have FDA-approved ECG monitor and SpO2 readings.
A smartwatch showdown hugely anticipated between two brands is finally happening with the launch of Apple Watch Series 6. It is directly competing with its biggest rival in the smartwatch market, Samsung Galaxy Watch 3. Both of these smartwatches launched a month apart with added features and more.
In the meantime, you can also how this new launch by Apple compares to Samsung’s Galaxy Watch Active 2. There is also a spec by spec comparison of both new watches launched by Apple recently.
Apple Watch Series 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3: Design
Apple’s design in the watch has remained the golden standard for most users. It never made any changes in its design since it first came in 2015. The iconic squircle still lends a modern look. Moreover, it looks even better in exclusive new Product Red and blue finishes.
Also Read: Realme Narzo 20 Launched in India
However, Galaxy Watch 3 looks more like a traditional watch. It comes with a clever rotating bezel to navigate menus. On the other hand, the watch still has its analog watch style and comes in circular screen design.
Apple Watch Series 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3: Display
Series 6 comes with a 1.57″ (40 mm), Always-on 324 x 398 (40 mm), and 1.78″ (44 mm), 368 x 448 (44 mm) Retina OLED display. Whereas, Watch 3 comes with 1.2″ AMOLED (41 mm), 1.4″ AMOLED (45 mm) Retina OLED displays.
Both of these watches have the Always-on feature. However, Apple Watch’s screen is a little higher-resolution (448 x 368) than the Galaxy Watch 3’s (360 x 360). Here, both design and display are almost identical with some differences. It all now depends on what soothes your personal choice?
Apple Watch Series 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3: Health and fitness features
Smartwatches turning into medical devices is the latest trend in the last year. Both of these watches are prime examples of it. They both have GPS, an optical heart rate sensor, a gyro/accelerometer combo, and altimeter function. Additionally, it comes with an ECG/EKG (electrocardiogram) sensor and blood oxygen sensor which is advanced.
Samsung did not receive its FDA-approval until the Galaxy Watch 3’s reveal. However, Apple is running with its FDA-cleared ECG sensor from Series 4. Features like SpO2 and ECG sensors need to be cleared by the relevant body in a particular country. Samsung’s new watch will enable this feature soon.
Also Read: LG K42 Launched – See All Details Here
Both the Galaxy Watch 3 and Apple Watch Series 6 offer sleep tracking. They both give almost accurate readings but Apple’s sleep tracking is coveted the most.
In addition, they offer a large catalog of preset workouts, as well as automatic workout-tracking. They also have VO2 max readings, which is considered a key metric for runners.
However, Apple has come up with a new extra for the users called Apple Fitness+. It is a subscription service that offers guided video workouts on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV. These cover activities like yoga, indoor cycling and running on a treadmill.
Apple Watch Series 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3: Apps and music storage
Both of these smartwatches have their own stores for browsing and installing programs. It makes the user experience the best. Third-party apps can greatly improve the functionality of a smartwatch. Series 6 gets the most out of these compared to Watch 3 as most of the app’s release first for Apple and then others.
Here, the Apple Watch Series 6 and Galaxy Watch 3 have on-board storage for saving music and other audio. With the Galaxy Watch 3’s 8GB of music storage, it can save tunes for offline play black with a Spotify Premium subscription.
However, Apple’s smartwatch comes with four times as much storage as the Watch 3.
Apple Watch Series 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3: Battery Life, OS, Power
Galaxy Watch 3 can last up to two days, it also depends on workout tracking and settings. However, Apple says the Watch 6 lasts 18 hours, like the previous generation watches.
However, on the OS front, Samsung’s Tizen OS-based system uses the rotating bezel to scroll through pages of info screens, and a circular apps menu. This particular watch comes with Tizen OS 5.5
Apple’s watchOS interface is more 3D and the latest software update is available for watchOS.
Apple Watch Series 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3: Prices
However, Galaxy Watch 3 with a 41mm variant with Wi-Fi is pricing at Rs. 29,990 while the 4G model is pricing at Rs. 34,490. On the other hand, the 45mm variant is pricing at Rs. 32,990 for the Wi-Fi model and Rs. 38,990 for the 4G model.
Apple Watch Series 6 price in India is set at Rs 40,900. This is the price for the GPS variant while the one with both GPS and Cellular network starts from Rs 49,900. Both these variants will be available for purchase in 40mm and 44mm sizes in India.
Here the question is, which one is right for you and your lifestyle. Not which one is better. However, if you are an iPhone owner, it is best for you to go with Series 6 as opposed to the other.
On the other hand, the Apple Watch Series 6 launch dates are not out yet.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 20000
- In the past few years, we have seen a lot of people complaining about how there is nothing new to see in the iPhones launching every year. However, this is the biggest reason for our excitement today because we now have the brand new Apple iPhone 12 straight from the Unicorn, an Apple Premium Reseller.…
- Here is the third video of our ongoing series of best smartphone deals 2020. With Amazon and Flipkart’s biggest annual sale underway, we bringing you a series of YouTube videos so you know exactly how to claim these offers and don’t miss out on the absolute best ones. In the video below, we’ll tell you…
- In this continuation of our series of the best Flipkart smartphone deals 2020, we have brought you another video explaining just how you can buy the iPhone XR for under 20,000. Flipkart has been surprising everyone this year with its massive discounts on smartphones, and with Cashify you’ll find out about all the latest and…
- As we all already know by now, Flipkart’s Big Billion Days and Amazon’s Great Indian Festival are upon us. And we all know what that means. Discounts raining everywhere! However, it can get quite confusing among so many offers that exactly what is the best smartphone deal. In order to help you solve that problem,…
- Vivo V20 is a mid-range smartphone, which is an impeccable deal from the brand and starts in India at a price of Rs.24,990.
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is a top-of-the-line flagship device and a great companion for anything and everything you can think of.
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime does make a strong contender since it has a few specs of the Note 9 series as well while arriving at a most affordable price tag.
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.