Android smartphones are renowned for their specific features, such as ease of use, security, user rich interface, and much more. Although Windows and Android are quite different, it is still possible to connect Android smartphones to a Windows PC. However, before transferring the files or using other services, you need to make a successful connection between your Android device and the Windows PC.
Here, in this article, we will discuss how to connect your Android Smartphone to Windows PC. The process is straightforward, go through the material, and learn it. Linking Android devices to Windows 10 is an amazing and handy feature for users.
It allows the users to use the “Continue on PC” feature. Along with that, connecting Android smartphones to Windows PC, lets the users push the web pages from their phone to their PC. The best thing is that all this can be done without connecting to the same network or using a USB cable.
Is It The Right Way To Connect Android Device To Windows 10?
Now, you must have the question of whether it is right or wrong to connect aAndroid Device to Windows 10? Straightaway, the answer is yes. Generally, there is no loss or danger in connecting your phone to your computer. Apart from that, there are many advantages.
You can share web pages, receive Android apps notifications in Windows 10 Action Center, reply to SMS texts from Windows 10 PC, and many more.
Steps To Connect Android Smartphone To Windows 10 PC
To connect your Android phone to Windows 10 PC, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, open the “Settings” app on your Windows 10 PC and click on the “Phone” option.
- After that, click on the “Add a phone” button. However, ensure that both your PC and phone have an established internet connection.
- Now, a new window will appear. You need to choose your country code and enter your mobile number.
- Next, click on the “Send” button to receive the text message on your phone. You will receive a message containing the link to Microsoft Apps in the Play Store.
- Now, tap the link that you have got in SMS and download the Microsoft Apps.
- Keep in mind that this app is required to link your Android phone to Windows 10 and use the “Continue on PC” feature.
- After you have done, you can use the new “Continue on PC” button in the Cortana and Edge browser.
Although establishing this connection is just a one-time process. However, in case of any issue, you can delete the app and follow the steps again.
Steps to Unlink Your Android Device From Windows 10
You can stop syncing between your Android smartphone and Windows 10 PC by unlinking it anytime. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, go to the “Phone” section.
- Then, click on the “Manage all devices linked with your Microsoft account” option.
- Now, a new browser window will open.
- In this window, you will find your phone listed and click on the “Unlink this phone” option.
So, these are some simple steps to connect your Android Smartphone to Windows PC and disconnect it back. However, make sure that you are following the steps correctly and in chronological order to make the connection successful.
I am an Android Enthusiast and a Ninja at content creation. I love writing anything about technology and pro at reviewing smartphones. Big time expert in multiple facets of content generation