For many smartphone users, safeguarding privacy is a paramount concern. Given that smartphones store sensitive information such as bank account details, social media logins, and personal data, additional security measures beyond a screen lock are often desired. Employing an app lock is a prudent way to enhance privacy, ensuring that unauthorised individuals cannot access your phone’s content without your consent. This article provides a guide on how to lock Android apps on Samsung smartphone, offering steps to fortify the protection of personal information.
Why do you need to lock the app?
Here are some of the reasons why you must look forward to locking the apps on your Samsung phone.
- Ensures the security of the device
- To keep your kids at bay from accidentally deleting official data present on the phone
- Prevent unknown or stranger people from accessing the phone in case it’s lost
- Lets you keep a check on any intrusive activity on the mobile phone
- Avoids any accidental deletion of the app that may lead to loss of data
Step-by-Step Guide On How To Lock Apps On Samsung Phone
Here’s a quick and easy-to-follow guide on how to lock apps on Samsung phones using different methodologies.
1. Via S Secure App
This application was present in the earlier versions of Samsung phones. In case you own one or want to download the application, here’s a small guide on how to lock apps on Samsung.
- Under the Lock Apps, tap Settings and provide the lock pattern to continue the process.
- Once you enter the password, set the lock type as per your likeliness on Samsung.
- Select Locked Apps > Add on the top right corner of the application to add the applications for enhanced security.
- Now, you can access these apps using the password.
This is how to lock apps on Samsung using the S Secure App.
2. Via Secure Folder
The Secure app is the internal application by Samsung that lets you lock the applications on the device without looking for the third-party interface. This app is placed on the mobile phone by default. However, it is available on UI 4 or later devices.
- Sign in using the Samsung account credentials and tap on Settings > Biometrics and Security Reasons
- Here, you need to select the lock method. You can lock via the pattern (medium security), PIN(medium-high security), and passwords(high security).
- Next, you need to confirm the lock pattern to continue.
- Your Home has the Secure Folder shortcut that you can use directly by opening it.
- Tap Add Apps > Choose all the apps that you want to add to lock the apps. Since it is via the app, there is one copy of the app with the lock that you can access directly via the Secure application.
The other one will be outside the Secure app that is not protected.
3. Via Norton App
The Norton App is a mobile application designed to provide users with comprehensive digital security and privacy solutions right at their fingertips. With this app, you can use a custom password or pattern lock screen to keep your Android device secure and private. To use the app:
- Download the app from Playstore, launch it and grant all necessary permissions.
- After that set up a pattern or pin and choose your Google account for passcode recovery in case you forget your passcode.
- Next, tap on the padlock next to the app you want to lock.
- If you want to disable/enable all the app locks on all apps together, simply tap the yellow padlock on the top right corner.
Additionally, for more security, you can also download Norton Mobile Security antivirus protection to help prevent bad apps from damaging your phone and stealing your information.
How to remove the lock on apps?
We do understand that you might want to unlock your Samsung device. For this, the easiest way forward is to long-press the app on which you have set the lock.
- Tap on Settings> Biometrics and Security> Secure Folder> More Settings
- To remove the lock, press Unlock > Unlock to confirm the process
Synopsis: How To Lock Apps On Samsung
Fortifying the security of your Samsung phone by implementing app locks is a prudent measure in safeguarding sensitive information. Privacy is a top priority for smartphone users, considering the wealth of personal data stored on these devices.
With the insights provided in this guide on how to lock apps on a Samsung phone, users now have a straightforward and effective means to control access to their applications. Whether it’s protecting financial details, social media credentials, or other sensitive information, employing app locks adds an extra layer of security, ensuring that personal data remains confidential and accessible only with the user’s consent.
One who turned her passion into a profession. Traveller by heart and minimalist by nature, I am a people person and voice to the voiceless. A Bollywood buff and tech enthusiast who intends to cover the nooks of the world.