Instagram status download is required by almost anyone and everyone who uses the social media site. To get the fact straight and start with the resolution of your similar query, here are some of the best ways in which you can go for an Instagram status download.
Firstly, it’s imperative for you to understand that there is nothing called Instagram status.
People often confuse it with Whatsapp status and stories that someone shares on the messaging platform. If you are eyeing Instagram, we prefer you call the picture status an Instagram story and the textual status an Instagram bio.
Let’s deal with both of them in our upcoming sections before actually learning how to proceed with the Instagram status download.
Instagram Story v/s Instagram Bio: Instagram Status Download
When you open your Instagram profile, you see a small circle in the top left corner of the app. Besides, there is a + sign on the top right portion of the screen. Tap on either of them to start uploading the Instagram story. You can add pictures, texts, GIFs, music, and videos, as a part of your Instagram story. Additionally, you can even tag the Instagram location, stickers, polls, and other features to make your Instagram story more engaging.
When you talk about Instagram bio, they are generally the introductory sentences to your social media profile. It gives a brief idea of who you are and gives you visitor knowledge of what you have been into. If you are not sure about what to add to your Instagram bio, these articles may come as a help to you.
How To Download Instagram Status?
When you are looking to download Instagram status, we consider that you are eyeing for Instagram stories. Here are some of the ways in which you can download an Instagram story.
1. Directly using Instagram
You can save your own Instagram story directly via the Instagram application. For this, once you get your story ready, tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen and choose Save. This saves the story directly to your local gallery.
You can even save the story once you post it on your Instagram story. This can be done in the following way:
- Open your Instagram story that you want to download
- Tap on More option in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Choose Save > Save Story. It saves your story directly to the Picture gallery on your phone.
PS: If you have added music to your story, then the audio may not get saved due to copyright issues on Instagram. However, you can still download it using the mobile apps and websites that we look forward to in the coming sections.
2. Mobile Applications
There are specialised mobile applications that have been developed to download Instagram stories in a simplistic manner. These are available on major operating systems such as Android and iOS. We shall look at a few of them in this section. However, let’s understand the basic steps involved here.
If you are using the mobile application to download the Instagram status, all you need to do is to fetch the Instagram link for the story. Here’s how you do it:
- Open the Instagram story that you want to download.
- On the top right corner of the screen, you see three dots just beside the X sign. Tap on it.
- Select Copy Link
- This copies the story link on the clipboard.
- Now open the mobile application (that we explain below) and paste the link directly into the insert bar available there.
- Press Download/Submit, as the case may be to download the story.
- The story gets saved to your Downloads.
Here are some Android apps that you can use to download Instagram stories.
- Story Saver downloads stories and highlights from a profile
- Video downloader for Instagram can help save reels and stories and manage all the corresponding downloads.
- Video Downloader – Story Saver assists you with story download, video browsing and saving them on your device.
Some iOS apps that can help you download stories are:
- Story Saver for Instagram IG not only helps you save stories but also browse them.
- Instore- Story Saver can be used to save stories, repost them, and view DP too.
- Story Viewer + Saver can save and view the story posted on Instagram.
PS: You can use this method to download the story of any profile whose story link is available to you. This is applicable to the public as well as private accounts.
One additional benefit of this process is you can download the audio along with the story which is not available when you download the story from your own Instagram profile.
3. Online Websites
Multiple online websites can help you achieve the process to download Instagram status/story. If you do not want to get into the hassle of downloading an app, then this might be a simple way out. Here are some of the websites that help you in downloading the Instagram story.
- With iGram, you simply need to add the story link (the process is mentioned in the section above).
- Inflact Story Downloader requires an Instagram user name to get the story downloaded quickly.
- StorySaver needs the Instagram profile link and downloads the story automatically.
Summing It Up
Instagram status download can take place in different ways and you can choose what suits you the most. If you want to keep downloading the stories frequently so that you can post them on other networking sites like Whatsapp or Facebook, then having an app would be more convenient for you. However, if you need it for one-time use, then using the website will save you the storage space required in-app.
One who turned her passion into a profession. Traveller by heart and minimalist by nature, I am a people person and voice to the voiceless. A Bollywood buff and tech enthusiast who intends to cover the nooks of the world.