An Instagram profile picture says a lot about who you are. It is just like a picture that someone sees when they do not know you personally. So, you must ensure that this profile picture must be best and leave a long-lasting impression on whoever visits your profile.
Instagram profile picture, also known as Instagram display picture (DP) popularly, is quite famous. Especially those who use Instagram rigorously, cannot deny the importance of an apt username and a pretty profile picture.
Imagine someone visiting your profile and getting to see an anonymous picture or nothing at all in the section where Instagram DP was needed. It does not look treating to the eyes. So, if you are looking for ways to set your profile picture, we might have an answer here.
Also Read: 6 Best Hindi Movie Apps That You Cannot Miss Out!
What is Instagram Profile Picture?
One thing that remains prominent as a visual representation of your social media account is your profile picture. The simple reason for it is that it appears at the top of your profile when someone opens it. Additionally, if you upload any story then it gets highlighted in someone else profile before they view it too.
If you send a message to someone, one thing that pops up with your message is your profile picture icon. Hence, one must try to have a great Instagram profile picture.
Also Read: Get Famoid Followers For Free For Your Instagram Account! Is It Safe?
10 Tips To Choose the Best Instagram Profile Picture
Your Instagram DP represents who you actually are. This means the picture that you upload should be the best. To ensure this, here are some tips that you can follow:
- Choose a picture that has more facial components in it. For example, when you click a selfie, then it mostly covers your face. As a profile picture is a really small icon, visibility of the face is a must.
- If you are choosing a profile picture for your business, then the brand logo can be used to expose it to potential customers.
- Selecting bright colours as the background of the picture differentiates your picture from the other ordinary photos.
- Try to use pictures as per the tone of your profile. If your profile is more oriented towards travel, then make sure it reflects in your profile picture.
- The lighting of the picture must be good enough so that the Instagram DP looks great.
- Crop the image to make sure that only relevant portions of the profile picture are visible on Instagram.
- Use high-resolution images as the profile picture so that the image does not get blurred in the process and looks odd. This also ensures that even after zooming it in, the picture looks good.
- Edit your images well before using them as DP as this ensures that all the lacking features are covered up. This includes the use of filters, and special effects to make the picture look perfect for your profile.
- Go for professional photography, if you are way too conscious of your Instagram profile picture. Once you specify the kind of photography you want, you get the ones that look best as your DP. Also, ensure that headshot pro pictures are taken.
- Don’t take too serious photos, as these do not look good for a social networking site. Smile and show some grace.
Also Read: 5 Best Online Shopping Apps For A Wholesome Experience
How To Set Your Instagram DP?
Here are the steps to follow while setting the profile picture
How to add a profile picture?
- Open the Instagram app
- Go to Profile section > Edit Profile > Add a profile picture
- Next, choose from the images that you want to upload. You can select from the:⁃ Choose from the library: to select the existing image
Import from Facebook: choose an image from the Facebook application, in case you have synced the image.
Take a photo: upload the picture in real-time
- Once you add the image, the profile picture gets updated.
How to update profile picture?
Once you have updated the profile picture, you might want to change it over and over again. Here are the steps that you can follow to update your display picture on Instagram.
Also Read: 5 Best Instagram Reels Editing Apps That You Cannot Miss
- Go to the Instagram application
- Choose Edit Profile > Choose from the library to update the picture from the existing picture library on your phone.
- Additionally, you can add the image by importing it from the library of Facebook or taking photos in real-time to update it.
- If you want to delete the picture, tap on Remove the current picture.
Also Read: Get 1000+ Free Followers On Instagram In 5 Minutes! Here’s how
With the profile picture, try to update the Instagram bio too. As it contains the detail of your introduction, all passions, and habits, you can update it, so that it completes your profile holistically.
Also Read: 5 Best Call Recording Apps That You Cannot Miss
Once you ready your profile picture, it can be used not only for Instagram, but for other social media sites like Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, or Twitter. Try to make sure that if you have social media presence, you can keep all profile pictures consistent.
Also Read: 50+ Catchy Quotes For Instagram Profiles That You Should Not Miss!
Cashify helps you sell old mobile phone and sell old laptop. If you are looking forward to getting the best deal for your product, then Cashify is the right place for you.