Android 12 To Come With UI Changes, New Privacy Features: Leaks
Newer versions of Android always brings something new in its build. This time it is going to be in the form of Android 12, the next OS for Google devices. Moreover, it is expecting to launch later this year. However, leaks for the OS features are coming out in the form of an early draft of the document. It comes with screenshots that show the new UI changes including a new notifications panel.
Also Read: Mi MIX 4 Confirmed to Launch in 2021
Additionally, it also showcases more pronounced rounded corners, new privacy features, and a new widget selection. However, Google has not officially shared any details on the Android 12. So, we cannot be sure of this information until now.
One should note that before releasing the beta version of the OS, Google shares some documentation. It also shares source code with its partners to allow them to prepare for their devices. A report by XDA Developers claims that an early draft from the said documentation has leaked. Moreover, it shows some of the changes, along with screenshots, that can be expected from Android 12.
Some of the changes that can come in this new update:
- It now has an opaque background and more pronounced rounded corners for each notification.
- There seem to be four Quick Settings tiles that are bigger in size instead of the usual six.
- The date and time that appears on the top left of the notifications panel have interchanged.
- The top right of the notifications panel shows new icons, presumably for privacy features in Android 12.
In terms of changes to the widgets, there now looks like a ‘Conversations’ widget that can show recent messages, missed calls, or activity statuses. As per the report, it also adds that Google plans to make the Conversation widget mandatory for all devices that will run Android 12. There are also ‘People Shortcuts’ that provide quick information on contact.
The new icons show if the camera or microphone is being used. The report points out that tapping on these icons can show which app is using the camera or microphone. Additionally, there is also a privacy setting that can also be revamped in Android 12. It could allow a user to completely disable the camera, microphone, and location access.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.
- We have compared POCO X3 Pro and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max. Read till the end to know which one is better?
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…