Apple Plans to Put Periscope Lens on iPhones in 2023: Reports
Apple iPhone models in 2023 will come with a “periscope telephoto lens”. It comes from a research note shared by TF Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. However, popular Android smartphone makers Huawei and Samsung already offer periscope-shaped lenses on their flagship phones. Apple hasn’t yet adopted the technology on the iPhone.
Also Read: Reliance Jio Is Giving New Tags To Its Plans
Furthermore, a periscope lens substantially improves the zoom capabilities of a smartphone. The construction of the periscope-shaped lens enables better optical zooming — without increasing the camera bump. According to the research note, the launch timeline for the same can be in the 2023 iPhone lineup. Although he speculated that it can be in the 2022 lineup.
Leaks on Apple’s Periscope Lens
Moreover, at that time, he also mentioned that Apple could partner with South Korean Semco and China’s Sunny Optical for developing the periscope lenses. Other companies are using periscope lenses on their smartphones to offer hybrid zoom. Samsung even offers as much as 100x Space Zoom technology on its Galaxy S20 Ultra and Galaxy S21 Ultra.
In addition, Kuo’s latest note reportedly mentions some speculations about the 2021 and 2022 iPhone lineups. He predicts that Apple would adopt a new Face ID transmitter for the 2021 iPhone models, apart from the periscope lens. It would feature a plastic material instead of glass. It can be possible thanks to improvisation in coating technologies that didn’t exist originally when Face ID launched in 2017.
Kuo speculates that there can be improvisations in rear cameras as well as a new “unibody lens design” for the selfie camera. The latter is likely to help Apple reduce the size of the front camera module. Additionally, Kuo had last week said that the 2022 iPhone model could also finally ditch the notch in favor of a hole-punch front panel design.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.
- We have compared POCO X3 Pro and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max. Read till the end to know which one is better?
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…