Clubhouse App Gets More Than 8 Million Downloads
During the COVID 19 pandemic, a unique social media app known as Clubhouse has gained popularity. Even though Clubhouse is still in its early stages, the invite-only app has been downloaded more than 8 million times. The report comes from the app analytics company App Annie.
Also Read: Why You Should Stop Using SHAREit
Just in the month of February, the app grew from 3.5 million downloads to more than 8.1 million as of February 16. More than 2.6 million downloads come from the United States.
Several known figures such as Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerburg marked their presence on the platform.
Keep in mind that Clubhouse hasn’t released any official figures about the number of downloads. According to the CEO of Clubhouse Paul Davison, the app has an active userbase of more than 2 million weekly. Some estimates suggest that the registered userbase is somewhere between 6 and 10 million.
While the number of downloads might not equal registered users, the figure may be somewhat closer than it looks since the app invites only. The app has also encouraged other social media apps to come up with a way to offer audio experience.
Various apps cloning Clubhouse have already popped up in several countries such as Turkey, the US and Saudi Arabia. Some of the popular ones are Tiya, Dizhua and Yalla. The oldest amongst the lot is Yalla, which was released more than 5 years ago.
It is still unclear how the app will fare in the near future, with big events will take place again in the real world. Some people say that Clubhouse favours people who speak at great length, instead of promoting quality content.
- Is Google Pixel 4A a good pick in 2021? Should you invest in it right now? Read to know more.
- IPL Live Streaming Free Online: Best Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches on Your Mobile PhoneBest Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches for Free
- Read this to know the top five reasons to buy the all-new Vivo X60 Pro Plus.
- How To Save Your Smartphone From Water Damage During Holi
- Recently OPPO launched its latest smartphone, OPPO F19 Pro+ 5G. Speaking of the name first, Oppo could have used some other short and crisp name and yes there is 5G also. Here is a quick review of the all-new OPPO F19 Pro+ 5G in just 2 minutes. Design As for the design, there has been…