Samsung Tops Global Smartphone Shipments In Quarter 3 In 2021: Reports
Table Of Contents
- 1Samsung Tops Global Smartphone Shipments
Highlights of the Story
- Samsung has topped global smartphone shipments in the third quarter of 2021 with a 23 percent market share.
- Apple was able to capture 75 percent operating profit of the entire smartphone market in Q2.
- The reason behind Apple’s success is the launch of its first 5G-enabled iPhone models.
As per the reports by Counterpoint, Samsung has topped global smartphone shipments in the third quarter of 2021. Although global smartphone shipments saw a six per cent decline in Q3 2021 compared to the same quarter last year, Samsung managed to retain 23 per cent of the market share in both quarters.
[Component type=”adSlotSquareComponent” slotId=”7799905995″ ]
With this, Samsung maintained the status by being king of the market after maintaining a 23 per cent share, followed by Apple at 15 per cent in the third quarter.
Samsung Tops Global Smartphone Shipments
In spite of the component shortages and the global smartphone market shrunk, Samsung had the same market share during the second and third quarters. On the other hand, despite not topping smartphone shipments, Apple was able to capture 75 per cent operating profit of the entire smartphone market in Q2. Also, there was a subtle increase in Apple’s market share of smartphone shipments from 12 to 15 per cent.
With this, the top five positions in the list of smartphone vendors were backed by Samsung, Apple, Xiaomi with 14 per cent, and Vivo and Oppo with 10 per cent.
In contrast, the new report suggests that Apple is the top earner in Q2, 2021. It captured 75 per cent of the operating profit of the global smartphone market, and 40 per cent of the revenue. The report also adds the secret behind Apple’s success. The reason is the launch of its first 5G-enabled iPhone models.
Furthermore, the report by counterpoint also mentions that Samsung has had the second spot in operating profit market share for the past several quarters.
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.