Xiaomi’s Pocophone is going around the web once more as a brand new listing for POCO X2 has been spotted on Geekbench. The successor to one of the most popular phones of 2018 hasn’t been announced officially yet. Xiaomi is meticulously keeping things under wrap.
A few days ago, trademark applications were filed by Xiaomi for the POCO F2, indicating a possible announcement. The Geekbench listing refers to the successor with the title POCO X2, running on Android 10 with 8GB RAM. The name of the motherboard is stated as “phoenixin” which is a codeword we’ve encountered before. Codename “phoenix” was revealed to be for the Redmi K30 last year, and one could argue that the “phoenixin” codename might be the Indian variant of the Redmi K30.
Xiaomi can plough ahead and launch the Redmi K30 with the name POCO X2 in India. The Geekbench scores of POCO X2 and Redmi K30 are eerily similar, which only gives weight to this argument.
A full list of specifications about the alleged successor to the POCO F1 isn’t present yet, however, here’s a quick look into the Redmi K30.
Xiaomi Redmi K30 specifications
- 8.8mm thick with a weight of around 208 grams.
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ (2400 x 1000 pixels) resolution IPS display with a 120Hz refresh rate and HDR10 playback support.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G and Adreno 618 GPU.
- Up to 8GB RAM and 256GB storage options.
- Hybrid SIM card slot, supports microSD cards of up to 256GB.
- 64MP quad-camera setup: primary 64MP sensor with an f/1.9, 8MP ultrawide angle lens, 2MP macro lens and a 2MP depth sensor. On the front: 20MP and 2MP depth sensor, housed within the twin punch-hole screen.
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
- 4,500mAh battery with support for 27W fast charging.