Remove Bloatware Apps From Any Android Phone That Won’t Let You Uninstall
Starting from smartphone brands like Samsung to most selling smartphone brands like Xiaomi or Realme whenever you’re opting for a new Android phone, you ought to receive a handful of unnecessary bloatware apps apart from Google apps packed in it. These applications not only consume most of your smartphone resources but also block a certain portion of your phone’s storage. Here’s how to remove these bloatware apps.
Highlights of the Story
- Smartphone OEMs especially Chinese manufacturers pre-load their devices with a bunch of system apps that are of no use.
- These Preinstalled or Bloatware apps mostly irrelevant and are just there as brands want users to use their native apps.
- Getting rid of bloatware apps is not easy and here are some steps that you can use to uninstall these apps from your smartphone.
Is your Android phone running at a snail’s pace? Having tried everything from removing cache files and removing pre-installed bloatware apps as a last resort to improve your phone’s performance?
Generally, bloatware apps only occupy the internal storage and are of no use as most of us use them hardly a few times and most of these are just alternatives to Google apps such as calculator, calendar, and more. Manufacturers stack these system apps in our phones to give top priority to their services and somehow drive the users to use these system applications.
Here is a complete guide to remove the pre-installed apps from your Android device in order to free up the storage space and make your device run faster.
How to Remove Apps That Won’t Uninstall on Android?
There are basically two ways to remove apps that the phone won’t let you uninstall. Either you can disable these system applications, or you’ve to uninstall them completely, which will involve removing all the associated files and never getting access to these apps again until you’re doing it manually.
However, we’ve mentioned 3 methods here to remove apps that won’t uninstall. Scroll down and have a look below.
Also Read: How To Clear App Data And Cache On Android
Method 1: Disable from App Settings
This is the easiest way to ensure no bloatware app can consume any resources from your phone. To perform this method, you only need to Disable the desired app from Android Settings menu. But these apps won’t get Enabled again until you do it manually. Check out the steps now to disable and remove apps that won’t uninstall on your Android device.
Step 1: First, go to Settings from your Android phone
Step 2: Then scroll down and select Apps from the list
Step 3: Next, find and tap on your wished application
Step 4: Now look down, and you’ll find the Disable option there, tap on it and confirm the notification
Once you disable the application, it will disappear from your app drawer. Also, it won’t run in the background anymore which shall free up the RAM and will certainly not consume any extra space by collecting cache.
Method 2: Deactivate Administrative Privileges
Sometimes a number of applications hold device admin permission. These apps cannot be disabled or uninstalled as long as they hold administrative privileges. Apps like app lock, authenticator, antivirus, etc., require administrative access. Hence, if you have already granted permission, you won’t be able to remove these apps until you revoke the permission. Now, take a look at the process of deactivating the device admin permission and uninstalling the app afterward.
Step 1: Tap on Settings first from your homescreen
Step 2: Then move on to the Security section and search for the Device administrators tab
Step 3: Now, look for the application that you want to uninstall
Step 4: Next, tap on the app and choose DEACTIVATE
Method 3: Remove Apps Manually through ADB (No Root)
Here is another option to remove the bloatware apps manually. To perform this method here’s a simple guide on how to do it:
Step 1: Enable USB Debugging (On Phone)
This step is required to connect your PC and phone through ADB and start USB debugging.
- Launch Settings on your phone first and move on to the About phone section
- Now tap on the Build Number of your phone for 7 times, and you’ll see a message- “You are now in Developer Mode”
- Next, you have to go back to the Settings option and tap on the System
- Then select Developer Options
Note: Some phones may have this option in the Additional Settings; it depends on your phone’s make and model.
- After that, toggle on the Developer Options and scroll down to enable USB Debugging
Step 2: Connect Your Phone to PC
Once you start with USB debugging, connect your phone with your PC using the original USB cable. While connecting your phone, you’ll see a pop-up message saying ‘Transfer Files’ along with other options. Click on Transfer Files and then confirm “Allow USB Debugging” when prompted. Also, don’t forget to check the box next to ‘Always allow from this computer.’
Also read: 7 Apps To Boost Your Productivity
Step 3: Install ADB Drivers on Your PC
Once done, open the ADB directory and then press Shift + right-click on it. Then choose ‘Open PowerShell Window’.
After that, type “ADB devices” and your device code name will appear along with the serial number in the next line.
Also read: Best Torrent Apps For Android And iOS
Step 4: Finally, Use the ADB Commands (On PC)
Now you have to use certain ADB commands in order to remove the preinstalled app. Enter the below code for that-
pm uninstall –k ––user 0 <name of package>
Next, you have to download and install App Inspector to know the package name of the existing applications on your phone. Once done, search for the package name of your picked application that you’ll use in the command line for deleting the app.
Ex. To delete Calculator in a Realme phone, you need to put this command- “pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.coloros.calculator”.
Note: No rooting is required to perform this method, and it doesn’t void your warranty.
That’s all! You’ve learned how to remove bloatware apps from any Android phone. So clear your storage now and get your wished application installed on your phone now.
- Is Google Pixel 4A a good pick in 2021? Should you invest in it right now? Read to know more.
- IPL Live Streaming Free Online: Best Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches on Your Mobile PhoneBest Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches for Free
- Read this to know the top five reasons to buy the all-new Vivo X60 Pro Plus.
- How To Save Your Smartphone From Water Damage During Holi
- Recently OPPO launched its latest smartphone, OPPO F19 Pro+ 5G. Speaking of the name first, Oppo could have used some other short and crisp name and yes there is 5G also. Here is a quick review of the all-new OPPO F19 Pro+ 5G in just 2 minutes. Design As for the design, there has been…