Reports: China May Not Allow Microsoft To Acquire TikTok
TikTok is facing a new crisis for its market in the USA now.
Highlights of the Story
- TikTok receives an ultimatum to sell its operations in the US to an American Company.
- Trump administration is looking for a cut in the sale.
- China won’t accept the “theft” of TikTok: China Daily.
TikTok is facing a new crisis after its ban in India a few months back. At the same time, talk on banning of the short-video platform was rising in the US. Now, after several days of the news, the US Government has issued 45 days of ultimatum to Bytedance to sell its US operations. The sale of its operations in the US is up for American companies to buy. Otherwise, it will be shutting down.
Bytedance is suffering from a major loss by losing its major market in India already. However, if it loses the US market, it will suffer a setback.
Meanwhile, Microsoft also showed interest in acquiring TikTok’s operation and CEO Satya Nadela is in the conversation for the deal. In addition, it is looking to buy the the operations in United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
On the other hand, the US president said that he made a demand for a “substantial portion” of the purchase price to be paid to the US treasury. This is looking like an attack by the China Government as of now.
A newspaper, China Daily (state-owned), published an article that reads, “China will by no means accept the theft of a Chinese technology company, and it has plenty of ways to respond if the administration carries out its planned smash and grab.”
Bytedance has not commented yet on the situation. However, another newspaper in China, Global Times, called the sale a “daylight robbery.”
The situation of TikTok’s future in the US market is still blurry. Also, Trump’s Government is yet to explain why the US treasury should get a cut from the sale.
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.