Rumours: iPhone 12 Battery Parts Could Be Cheaper To Save On Costs
Apple will be using a cheaper and simpler battery technology design in the upcoming iPhone 12 series of phones. This will be done as a cost cutting measure for next-generation hardware, says research analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.
Highlights of the Story
- Inclusion of 5G has increased production costs
- This will be a cost-cutting measure to focus on other things more
- The simpler battery technology design to save 40-50%
The Apple iPhone 12 Launch is nearing by the day and people are really looking forward to the 5G models. However, with the inclusion of 5G, Apple is now opting for a cheaper battery technology. According to Ming-Chi Kuo, the sub-6Hz 5G technology that is to be included in the iPhone 12 series would add about $75-$85 to the cost of the unit. Additionally, another $125-$135 will be added by the millimeter wave technology. This would increase the production costs of these devices considerably.
The newer and simpler battery board will be almost 40-50% lower than the one used in the iPhone 11 series. Furthermore, Kuo believes that the company will work on this design and reduce the cost of the battery by another 30-40% next year. However, Apple has not officially confirmed any of these changes as of now.
If all of these changes are carried out in the best possible way without hindering the overall performance of the device, it is definitely the way to go. However, this Apple we are talking about. They have the ability to mess around with such crucial components through various experiments and tests.
Last year, the iPhone 11 made quite a stir but failed to impress the Asian markets. This is simply because of the Asian markets flooding with feature packed phones at budget prices. However, with the inclusion of 5G, Apple may see a considerable rise in its users in Asia.
Also read: Realme C11 – A Promising Budget Smartphone
While the simpler battery board will help Apple in focusing on the 5G costs, it will not be enough. To cut down on most of it and prevent the final price from increasing, Apple could cost-cut through other things. Apple might do so by not including a power adapter or Earpods.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…