Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime Vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro: Complete Comparison
Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime was launched on Amazon yesterday as a special edition smartphone. Since the M31 Prime is just made in collaboration with Amazon, it has the same specs as the base Galaxy M31 model.
Highlights of the Story
- The Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime has been launched on Amazon yesterday
- Redmi Note 9 Pro is powered by the Snapdragon 720G SoC
- Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime is powered by the Exynos 9611 SoC
Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro: Display And Software
The Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime features a large 6.4-inch full-HD+ Infinity-U Display. This is exactly the same as the base Galaxy M31 model. Also, the other specifications of the device will be completely similar to the base model apart from certain pre-loaded Amazon apps. Moreover, the smartphone runs on Android 10 with One UI 2.1 on top, right out of the box.
On the other hand, the Redmi Note 9 Pro features a larger 6.67-inch full-HD+ IPS display. Additionally, the resolution of this display is that of 1,080 x 2,400 pixels with Gorilla Glass 5 Protection. Moreover, the smartphone runs on Android 10 OS with the MIUI 11 on top. However, buyers of the smartphone can easily upgrade it to the latest MIUI 12.
Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro: Processor And Performance
The Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime sadly uses the exact same processor that so many Samsung phones already use. The smartphone is powered by the Exynos 9611 SoC and this is not really a good processor to have. If you are multitasking and gaming a bit, it’s fine. However, during long sessions of gaming, one can see major frame drops. Moreover, the Exynos 9611 SoC is an overused and old chipset. Additionally, this chipset is paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage in the Galaxy M31 Prime.
On the other hand, the Redmi Note 9 Pro is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G SoC. This super powerful and power efficient chipset is paired with up to 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM. Moreover, the device also comes with up to 128GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage.
Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro: Camera And Battery
On the camera front, the Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime features a quad rear camera setup. This setup includes a 64-megapixel primary sensor alongside an 8-megapixel secondary sensor. Additionally, there is a 5-megapixel tertiary sensor and a fourth 5-megapixel sensor as well. On the front, the smartphone comes with a 32-megapixel selfie shooter.
On the other hand, the Redmi Note 9 Pro comes with a quad rear camera setup as well. However, the difference lies in the sensors used. The setup consists of a 48-megapixel primary sensor, an 8-megapixel sensor, a 5-megapixel sensor and a 2-megapixel sensor. On the front, the smartphone features a 16-megapixel selfie shooter.
When it comes to the battery capacities of the two devices, there are differences as well. The Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime packs a massive 6000mAh battery with 15W fast charging support. On the other hand, the Redmi Note 9 Pro packs a slightly smaller 5020mAh battery with a slightly better 18W fast charging support.
Price And Availability
The Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime price in India has been set at Rs. 16,499 for the single 6GB/128GB variant. The smartphone is available in three color options namely Ocean Blue, Space Black and a new Iceberg Blue color. There are various offers on the smartphone as well via Amazon. During the Great Indian Festival sale on Amazon, buyers will Rs. 1000 cashback on prepaid payments. Additionally, buyers will also get an extra 10% instant cashback via paying through HDFC credit and debit cards.
On the other hand, the Redmi 9 Pro price in India starts from Rs. 13,999 for the 4GB/64GB variant. Furthermore, the 4GB/128GB variant costs Rs. 15,999 and the 6GB/128GB comes with a price tag of Rs. 16,999. The device comes in four color options namely Aurora White, Glacier White, Interstellar Black, and Champagne Gold. When it comes to the availability of the smartphone, it is available on all noted e-commerce platforms and partner retail stores as well.
When it comes to determining a winner, Redmi Note 9 Pro wins this easily. This is because of the much more powerful processor as compared to the old Exynos 9611 on the M31 Prime. Moreover, the Redmi Note 9 Pro looks and feels better in the hand as well. However, if you are one of those buyers who prefers an Indian brand and wants a great camera setup, the M31 Prime is definitely a great purchase.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…