Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime Vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro: Complete Comparison
Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime was launched on Amazon yesterday as a special edition smartphone. Since the M31 Prime is just made in collaboration with Amazon, it has the same specs as the base Galaxy M31 model.
Highlights of the Story
- The Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime has been launched on Amazon yesterday
- Redmi Note 9 Pro is powered by the Snapdragon 720G SoC
- Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime is powered by the Exynos 9611 SoC
Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro: Display And Software
The Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime features a large 6.4-inch full-HD+ Infinity-U Display. This is exactly the same as the base Galaxy M31 model. Also, the other specifications of the device will be completely similar to the base model apart from certain pre-loaded Amazon apps. Moreover, the smartphone runs on Android 10 with One UI 2.1 on top, right out of the box.
On the other hand, the Redmi Note 9 Pro features a larger 6.67-inch full-HD+ IPS display. Additionally, the resolution of this display is that of 1,080 x 2,400 pixels with Gorilla Glass 5 Protection. Moreover, the smartphone runs on Android 10 OS with the MIUI 11 on top. However, buyers of the smartphone can easily upgrade it to the latest MIUI 12.
Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro: Processor And Performance
The Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime sadly uses the exact same processor that so many Samsung phones already use. The smartphone is powered by the Exynos 9611 SoC and this is not really a good processor to have. If you are multitasking and gaming a bit, it’s fine. However, during long sessions of gaming, one can see major frame drops. Moreover, the Exynos 9611 SoC is an overused and old chipset. Additionally, this chipset is paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage in the Galaxy M31 Prime.
On the other hand, the Redmi Note 9 Pro is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G SoC. This super powerful and power efficient chipset is paired with up to 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM. Moreover, the device also comes with up to 128GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage.
Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro: Camera And Battery
On the camera front, the Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime features a quad rear camera setup. This setup includes a 64-megapixel primary sensor alongside an 8-megapixel secondary sensor. Additionally, there is a 5-megapixel tertiary sensor and a fourth 5-megapixel sensor as well. On the front, the smartphone comes with a 32-megapixel selfie shooter.
On the other hand, the Redmi Note 9 Pro comes with a quad rear camera setup as well. However, the difference lies in the sensors used. The setup consists of a 48-megapixel primary sensor, an 8-megapixel sensor, a 5-megapixel sensor and a 2-megapixel sensor. On the front, the smartphone features a 16-megapixel selfie shooter.
When it comes to the battery capacities of the two devices, there are differences as well. The Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime packs a massive 6000mAh battery with 15W fast charging support. On the other hand, the Redmi Note 9 Pro packs a slightly smaller 5020mAh battery with a slightly better 18W fast charging support.
Price And Availability
The Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime price in India has been set at Rs. 16,499 for the single 6GB/128GB variant. The smartphone is available in three color options namely Ocean Blue, Space Black and a new Iceberg Blue color. There are various offers on the smartphone as well via Amazon. During the Great Indian Festival sale on Amazon, buyers will Rs. 1000 cashback on prepaid payments. Additionally, buyers will also get an extra 10% instant cashback via paying through HDFC credit and debit cards.
On the other hand, the Redmi 9 Pro price in India starts from Rs. 13,999 for the 4GB/64GB variant. Furthermore, the 4GB/128GB variant costs Rs. 15,999 and the 6GB/128GB comes with a price tag of Rs. 16,999. The device comes in four color options namely Aurora White, Glacier White, Interstellar Black, and Champagne Gold. When it comes to the availability of the smartphone, it is available on all noted e-commerce platforms and partner retail stores as well.
When it comes to determining a winner, Redmi Note 9 Pro wins this easily. This is because of the much more powerful processor as compared to the old Exynos 9611 on the M31 Prime. Moreover, the Redmi Note 9 Pro looks and feels better in the hand as well. However, if you are one of those buyers who prefers an Indian brand and wants a great camera setup, the M31 Prime is definitely a great purchase.
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
- iPhone 12 vs iPhone 11 Pro full comparison and which one should you buy if you an 80000 budget.
- Here is a list of the top Android games of 2020 with the best graphics.
- There are a lot of features that we can easily find out just by scrolling down on our iPhone. But along with them, there are some of the features that are highly useful but hidden inside the roots of our iPhone, not known by many. Surprisingly, iOS 14 opens up the door to get in…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Vivo V20 definitely stands out in the design front. It offers a sleek, light weight design which definitely has a premium feel to it
- OPPO F17 Pro stands out on the design front. From its slim and compact form factor to the dual-tone matte-finished back panel, it is a gorgeous-looking phone.
- iPhone 12 Pro is a worthy upgrade with a new boxy design and A14 Bionic chipset, plus a slight upgrade in the camera.
- Poco X3 brings in some nice upgrades over the Poco X2 but it might feel bulky in hands.