6 Best Android Security Apps To Keep Your Device Safe
Nowadays, smartphones are an essential part of our lives. Its usage is no longer limited only for communication. Contrary, we store most of our sensitive information and data on our smartphones. That is the reason why Antivirus applications for android are one of the most popular types of apps on Android. However, an antivirus app is not needed if one uses his/her device safe. E.g. downloading apps only from the Play Store, keep security settings enabled, etc. In this era of data leaks and security threats, one mistake can cause you to compromise with your private data on your phone. So, it becomes crucial for you to safeguard your device with some robust mobile security apps. Here we have listed some of the best free Android antivirus apps that are available in the Google Play Store.
Avast Mobile Security
Avast Mobile Security is one of the most prominent security applications on any platform. It protects millions of devices. According to AV-Test, it is the top-rated Android malware scanner. The app comes with both free as well as a paid premium version. The free version of Avast antivirus for Android consists of some excellent security features for providing all-around protection against security threats that can affect your phone. The latter version allows the user to remove ads and access other advanced features, such as SIM security, camera trap, and many more.
Features of Avast Mobile Security
● Provides anti-theft support
● Grants classic single tap antivirus scanning
● Shows the time you spend on each app
● Junk Cleaner for wiping cache and residual files
● Photo vault for securing photographs against unwanted access
● Web shield for secure web browsing
McAfee Mobile Security & Lock
McAfee is the big name in antivirus application and has won many notable awards since its release. The app has an intuitive interface and comprises of many basic as well as advanced features to protect your device. The best thing is that there are guides for every element.
Features of McAfee Mobile Security
● Feature to capture the photos of intruders
● Feature to wipe data remotely
● Anti-theft uninstall protection feature
● The app has support for Android Wear devices also
● Battery optimizer and memory cleaner to optimize the battery and memory of the phone.
● Feature to record locations to the cloud before the phone shuts down
Norton Mobile Security & Antivirus
Whenever the best antiviruses are discussed, Norton is the name that is always on the list.
The latest version of Norton Antivirus provides excellent android security features even in the free version of the application. The app accurately detects and removes all kinds of malware that can harm your device. The app has separate stand-alone apps like app locker, password manager, and many more that are available for free in the Play Store.
Features of Norton Security and Antivirus
● Wi-Fi security to notify you about unsecured connections
● Feature to trigger an alarm to find your missing device
● A safe Search feature that alarms you during browsing on unsafe websites
● Feature to remotely lock your device
● Call or SMS blacklisting
● Feature to take photos of your potential phone thief
360 Security is another addition in the list of the best security applications for Android. The app scans your apps for potential malware activity very fast. Its significant features include junk cleaner, speed booster, lock screen which has multiple functions, CPU cooler, anti-theft protection, etc. Along with providing real-time protection, it also has a multi-function lock screen for providing your phone status directly to your smartphone’s lock screen.
Features of 360 Security
● Speed booster for clearing the RAM and boosting the gaming experience
● Call & SMS filter
● Click snaps of an intruder who tries to access your device without authority
Avira Antivirus is one of the newer Android malware scanners and is equally reliable like its other listed competitors. The app is fully-featured, and most of its functions are available in the free version. It’s much lighter than other apps and has all the features to protect your device. The most exciting feature of Avira antivirus is that is if you lose your phone, it can prompt the person who has your phone to contact you.
Features Of Avira Antivirus Security
● Scans the device and provide real-time protection
● Provide anti-theft support,
● Privacy advisor to show how apps collect your data
● Camera and Mic protection that ensures security against snooping attacks
● Anti-ransomware for protection from ransomware attacks
● Provide web-based malware protection
AVG Antivirus is a robust antivirus software tool owned by Avast. It provides internet security, Wi-Fi security, junk cleaner, and many more features. Along with many advanced security features, the app also has anti-theft tracking via Google Maps.
Features of AVG Antivirus
● The app features dual-engine antivirus for clearing malicious content
● Feature to extend battery life
● Photo vault feature for locking photographs
● Feature to remotely capture photos and record audio from the device
Although it is not mandatory to use Antivirus application, it is essential to protect your device. Free and paid premium features are different in most of the antivirus. The listed antivirus apps are not based upon the rankings and not limited to only these anti-malware apps, and there are many more. These were our few picks for the Best Android antivirus applications. You need to choose as per your requirements. We hope you find this article helpful.
You can shield your Android gadgets from ransomware, malware, PUPs, phishing scams and other dangers with the help of Malwarebytes. It identifies perilous dangers and eliminates them. Privacy of the individual is it’s top priority. It cautions you in the event that it identifies anything damaging. It is available on Android 6.0 or higher and supports English, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, German, Indonesian, Polish and Portuguese. Both free and premium versions of the app are available.
- Real-time protection shields your device from infection by detecting ransomware before it can lock your device.
- Block scams and protect your privacy.
- Conducts privacy audit for all apps.
- Guarantees safer browsing experience.
- Finds and removes adware and malware.
- Great user experience.
Nox Security guarantees protection against all types of viruses, malwares and the other different dangers on the web. It is equipped in such a way that it can easily handle all the dreadful security concerns. In addition to that, it is a free virus cleaner that can also clean junk documents and ensures wifi security and message security. It also acts as a notification blocker, app locker, call blocker and is excellent in file encryption. It stops power-draining applications and shields your smartphone from network attacks.
- Ensures that your smartphone keeps far away from viruses and malware.
- Ensure and lock your applications to prevent security penetrations.
- Blocks spam and other dubious calls.
- Prevent others from peeping into your notification preview.
- Blocks annoying useless notifications.
- Protects apps and guards privacy.
- Protects your gadget from any sort of network attacks.
- Stop power-draining apps with simply only one tap.
- Free up and get more storage space.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…