Galaxy S20 FE vs. Galaxy S20 Series: All Variants Compared
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G price starts at $699 (roughly Rs. 51,400).
Highlights of the Story
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE supports 15W fast charging.
- The fan-edition variant also carries an IP68-certified build.
- It is the most affordable phone in Samsung’s premium S20 line.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE unveiled on September 23 as a Fan Edition variant. It comes as part of the S20 lineup that debuted in February this year. However, when compared to the lineup, the Galaxy S20 FE comes with toned-down specifications.
To understand what makes it different from the rest of the S20 lineup, let us compare them in detail.
Firstly, let us get acquainted with Galaxy S20 FE specifications
It features a 6.5-inch full-HD+ (1,080×2,400 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity-O Display. In addition, it comes with a 20:9 aspect ratio and a 120Hz refresh rate. The display is also protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and flaunts a pixel density of 407ppi.
Moreover, the 4G variant of the Galaxy S20 FE has an octa-core Exynos 990 SoC. The 5G option, on the other hand, comes with an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC. Both 4G and 5G models come along with up to 8GB of RAM.
In terms of camera, it offers a triple rear camera setup that houses a 12-MP primary sensor with an f/1.8 wide-angle lens, a 12-MP ultra-wide-angle shooter with an f/2.2 aperture and 123-degree field of view (FoV) as well as an 8-MP telephoto shooter with an f/2.0 aperture. For selfies, it comes with a 32-MP selfie camera sensor.
It also has 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage on the Galaxy S20 FE. The phone also comes with 5G (optional), 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS/ A-GPS, NFC, and a USB Type-C port.
There is also an in-display fingerprint sensor. Additionally, the phone comes with stereo speakers optimized by AKG. Moreover, it comes in an IP68-rated body. It also packs a 4,500mAh battery that supports 15W fast charging and wireless charging.
How does it compare to others in the S20 lineup?
From this table, we see that the 6.5-inch Galaxy S20 FE retains many of the top-shelf features found in its premium siblings. Moreover, it also has a sharp AMOLED display coupled with an ultra-fast refresh rate.
On the other hand, this variant has a back made of plastic instead of glass. Samsung made some compromises in terms of materials for this variant.
Also Read: Xiaomi Black Shark 3S Launched In China
However, the major difference comes here in the RAM and storage variants. Galaxy S20 FE has a lower 6GB/8GB RAM option compared to the 12GB RAM options from the lineup. Even the storage is higher on the latest variant with it having a 256GB onboard storage option.
The smartphone also loses the 8K video recording and 100x space zoom but retains the 30x zoom and 3x optical zoom from S20 and S20+ variants.
Moreover, another major difference is the camera, S20 FE brings in good quality lenses but others in the lineup have some better higher lenses. But it recovers the absence of such high power lenses with the features mentioned just above.
Another difference lies in the battery power of this lineup, Galaxy S20 FE has a large battery and an IP68 rating for its price. Herein, most of the previous S20 lineup comes with a 4500-5000mAh battery power. However, S20 FE has a 4500mAh battery compared to S20’s 4000mAh battery power.
Also, it is undercutting its closest sibling in price by roughly 30%.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 35000
- In the past few years, we have seen a lot of people complaining about how there is nothing new to see in the iPhones launching every year. However, this is the biggest reason for our excitement today because we now have the brand new Apple iPhone 12 straight from the Unicorn, an Apple Premium Reseller.…
- Here is the third video of our ongoing series of best smartphone deals 2020. With Amazon and Flipkart’s biggest annual sale underway, we bringing you a series of YouTube videos so you know exactly how to claim these offers and don’t miss out on the absolute best ones. In the video below, we’ll tell you…
- In this continuation of our series of the best Flipkart smartphone deals 2020, we have brought you another video explaining just how you can buy the iPhone XR for under 20,000. Flipkart has been surprising everyone this year with its massive discounts on smartphones, and with Cashify you’ll find out about all the latest and…
- As we all already know by now, Flipkart’s Big Billion Days and Amazon’s Great Indian Festival are upon us. And we all know what that means. Discounts raining everywhere! However, it can get quite confusing among so many offers that exactly what is the best smartphone deal. In order to help you solve that problem,…
- Vivo V20 is a mid-range smartphone, which is an impeccable deal from the brand and starts in India at a price of Rs.24,990.
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is a top-of-the-line flagship device and a great companion for anything and everything you can think of.
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime does make a strong contender since it has a few specs of the Note 9 series as well while arriving at a most affordable price tag.
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.