Pokemon GO has a few standard in-game currency systems that are present in every freemium game these days. One of these currencies is Pokecoins. Pokecoins are rare and difficult to come by just through grinding. This is why most people prefer to buy Pokecoins in the game with real cash. If you want more Pokecoins to purchase in-game items but don’t want to spend your cash, we can help you out. This article will look at a couple of ways with which you can get FREE Pokecoins in Pokemon GO!
The only official way to source Pokecoins in Pokemon GO is by taking down Gyms. Check out how it’s done:
- You’ll have to find a Gym that you can take down in Pokemon GO. You also have the option to fortify it. Doing either will allow you to store your Pokemon in that particular Gym.
- After fortifying or taking down the Gym, you’ll be able to earn a maximum of 50 Pokecoins daily.
- If your Pokemon is defending the Gym for 10 minutes, you’ll earn one Pokecoin. This rate is quite slow but some Pokecoin is better than absolutely no Pokecoin.
- There’s also a limit to the amount of Pokemon you can keep in the Gym. In this case, it’s just one Pokemon.
- If you’re thinking about taking down and fortifying multiple Gyms, you can. However, you can place only place up to 20 Pokemon. This means that if you’ve got one Pokemon in each Gym, you can gather Pokecoins from 20 Gyms simultaneously.
This method requires you to grind extensively. After all, you won’t be the only Trainer in the game who is trying to capture a Gym. So, ensure that you’re at your full strength, and have powerful Pokemon defending your Gyms.
Google Opinion Rewards
Google Opinion Rewards are the only other way through which you can earn Pokecoins in the game. This will require you to spend Google Play credit, which you can earn through the Rewards app. However, you won’t have to spend your hard-earned money in this method either. Let’s check how this method works:
- Download the app here.
- Google Opinion Rewards work through surveys. After you open the app for the first time, you will have to complete an initial survey.
- After completing the initial survey, you can go about your business as usual.
- Continue playing Pokemon GO. You can use the first method of taking down Gyms in order to passively gain Pokecoins in the meantime.
- Ensure that your Google Opinion Rewards app is checked in the coming days. You will receive notifications for completing multiple surveys.
- These surveys are easy to complete and won’t require much of your time.
- Each survey you complete will add to your Google Play credit. This credit can then be used to purchase apps or in-app purchases from the Google Play Store. Complete as many surveys as you can. However, keep in mind that only a select few surveys will reward you with Google Play credit.
- As you complete more surveys and build your Google Play Credit, you can use this accumulated credit to purchase Pokecoins in the game.
Note: Completing these surveys will not grant you a huge amount of Google Play credit. However, if you combine both the methods we’ve shown you here, you’ll be able to accumulate Pokecoins both actively and passively. This will ensure a steady income of Pokecoins throughout the duration of your gameplay.
What to buy with Pokecoins?
Pokecoins are used for purchasing important in-game items. Here are just a few of the items that you can buy with Pokecoins in Pokemon GO:
- Remote Raid Pass: One for 100 coins, three for 250 coins
- Premium Battle Pass: One for 100 coins
You can buy an Item bag in Pokemon GO for 200 coins. This will permanently increase your item storage capacity by 50 slots. Quite an upgrade!
A permanent upgrade to your Pokemon storage can be bought for 200 coins. This will increase the amount of Pokemon you can carry by 50 slots.
You can buy 10 of these amazing potions by spending 200 coins. Ensure that you invest in the Max Potions as they will help you fortify the Gyms that you take over for more Pokecoins.
As you can see, you will have to grind to an extent if you want to get Pokecoins in Pokemon GO. However, the methods are self-sustaining and don’t require a huge amount of time for you to complete. You’ll just have to be patient with the grind. Moreover, considering the amount of items you can purchase with Pokecoins in Pokemon GO, the effort is surely worth it. If you’ve found these tips helpful, share this post with your fellow Pokemon GO players!
Writer, researcher, and avid gamer. Geeks out over postmodern novels and the latest PC games. Usually intends all his puns.