How to Use TikTok in India Even After Ban
The Indian government has banned Bytedance’s TikTok in the country in 2020. Fortunately, the popular video-sharing social networking app can be made accessible in India by using certain methods. Look at them below:
Table Of Contents
- 1iPhone User
- 2Android User
- 4The Takeaway!
Highlights of the Story
- TikTok was banned in India due to security and privacy reasons.
- However, even if you live in a country that has banned TikTok, you can still download the app.
- There are three significant ways you can use to download TikTok in India.
TikTok is still facing its ban in India and some other countries. After banning TikTok in India, many countries consider censoring or banning the app because of these concerns. Major concerns include people who are worrying their information will end up in the hands of the Chinese government. However, the platform is still unavailable in India due to these reasons. Here are some VPN services that can bypass any of the restrictions and some other tricks you can use. Look at how to download TikTok in India:
Even if you live in a country that has banned TikTok, you can still download TikTok in India. There are three ways to do so:
- By changing your App Store Location Settings on your iOS device.
- Sideloading the APK file on your Android device.
- By wiping your phone and using a VPN to access TikTok India in your area.
If you are an iPhone user, you’ll need to follow these steps to get the app working on your phone:
- Open the App Store and click on your profile picture on the left of the screen.
- Select your name and email from the account settings.
- Choose “Country/Region” and tap the “Change Country or Region” button.
- Scroll down the different options and choose a country that hasn’t banned the TikTok app.
- Tap on “Agree” for the terms and conditions and select the payment method “None”.
- Enter an address in the country of your choice in the billing address section.
- Tap “Next” and then “Done”.
Now that your location in the App Store is updated, you should find it, and you can download TikTok in India.
However, if you are an Android user, you can easily download TikTok in India on your phone by searching for the official APK file online.
If you use an Android phone, one can search directly from their phone’s browser for “TikTok APK” and look for the file to download. Although, the issue remains that it cannot update it. You will have to search for the most recent version of the latest APK file online.
One should note that APK files are perfectly safe to use. However, as long as you make sure you’re downloading them from a reputable source. Moreover, you will need to go into your settings and turn on the security option to allow you to install third-party apps. Some reputable sources to find and download TikTok in India APK files include:
Now, the third option is to wipe your phone and using a VPN to access and download TikTok in India.
To those unaware, some existing users can still access their content and download TikTok in India. However, new users can no longer download the app through the traditional app stores on their smartphones. The only way around this is to use a VPN to access your phone or computer service. Some of the top VPNs include NordVPN, ExpressVPN, and CyberGhost.
Now, if you want to access or download TikTok in India via a VPN, you’ll need to factory reset your phone. It is a must because the hardware ID blocks the app on mobile devices. Factory resetting your phone will wipe your hardware ID.
- Sign up for a VPN, like ExpressVPN, and install the app on your device.
- Launch the app, enter your activation code and sign in if it is a paid service.
- Search for a server in a country where TikTok is still available.
- Connect to the server and access TikTok.
Although you must be wondering if there is a free VPN service you can try for accessing the app. One should note that they’re not always what they claim to be. However, most of those are dodgy services that sell user data to third parties and provide either outdated or no encryption. This kind of VPN will not protect your privacy and make it risky to unblock and download TikTok in India.
Here’s a list of a few amazing VPN services that you can make use of in your smartphone:
Even if your region has banned TikTok, you may still access it. You may use an APK file or alter your iOS App Store settings. Use a VPN to alter your location and access the app. No one, especially new users, may use the programme without completing the specified procedures.
However, it’s crucial to be aware of TikTok’s privacy hazards. Protect your information on the app and watch what you post online, whether on TikTok or elsewhere. As long like you do this, you may have fun viewing and creating videos.
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.