How To Use Two WhatsApp Accounts On A Dual SIM Smartphone!
WhatsApp is the most used instant messaging service in the world right now and we can comfortably say that most of the smartphone users have WhatsApp installed and use it regularly. Some users use WhatsApp even for professional purposes and would prefer to keep this separated from their personal life, few other users might want to maintain two WhatsApp accounts for their Primary and Secondary numbers respectively. If you are one of those who wish to maintain two separate WhatsApp accounts on a Dual SIM smartphone then this guide shows you the step by step instructions to Use Two WhatsApp accounts in a Dual SIM smartphone.
Highlights of the Story
- WhatsApp is an instant messaging service with multiple additional features including individual or group voice and video calls
- WhatsApp allows you to communicate with other users just by having their mobile number in an easy and simple process
- WhatsApp officially allows a user to use only one account on a smartphone, however, there are ways to bypass this and install and use two accounts on a single smartphone
As of now, WhatsApp is the best and the most used instant messaging application in the world, it comes with several useful features such as individual or group voice and video call support. Most people wish to maintain a separate account of WhatsApp for their professional and personal purposes. This can be easily done by using the WhatsApp Business application and signing up with your work phone number to get an additional WhatsApp account on the same smartphone.
However, if you have two personal phone numbers and wish to use both of them on the same smartphone then it gets a little trickier, this guide shows you how to use two WhatsApp accounts on dial SIM smartphone.
Also Read: PubG Mobile: Unknown Hacks and Tricks
When you have a dual SIM smartphone, you will be able to use a different SIM for making calls, separate numbers for sending texts, and similar actions. However, using two WhatsApp accounts on a Dual SIM smartphone is not so straight forward and this has led to most users believing that it is not possible to use two WhatsApp accounts on a single phone. It is possible to have two copies of the WhatsApp application on one phone if you are using a dual SIM smartphone.
In some cases, you might have to use a third-party app if your software doesn’t support it by default to run two parallel accounts on a single phone. To use two WhatsApp accounts on a single phone it is recommended to have a dual-SIM smartphone, this is because WhatsApp uses the phone number as your identity and detects your identity via a call or an SMS.
If you have a dual-SIM phone and would like to use two WhatsApp accounts on the same phone, then your manufacturer might have already tweaked your Android software to allow it. Many Chinese phone makers such as Xiaomi, Realme, Oppo, and others allow you to create a clone of apps that you can use under a dual-SIM environment.
How to Use Two WhatsApp accounts on Dual SIM Smartphone
If you are using an Oppo, Realme, Xiaomi, or Honor smartphone then you can start off the process by installing WhatsApp from the Google Play Store, this procedure works for Samsung Galaxy Smartphones too with small minor changes.
- Start by installing the WhatsApp application from the Google Play Store or update it to the latest version if you already have it installed
- Open the Settings app on your smartphone where you want to use Dual apps feature
- Look for the Dual Apps feature on Xiaomi Smartphone, App Twin on Honor smartphone, Dual Messenger on Samsung Galaxy Smartphone or Clone App on Oppo smartphone
- You will find a list of app that can work with the above-mentioned feature, you will be able to clone the app using a toggle to the right side of the app, turn on the toggle and proceed with the steps to clone the app of your choice, in this case, WhatsApp.
Once you have cloned the application you will be able to navigate to the home screen or to the app launcher menu to find an additional icon of WhatsApp, this is the cloned app and you will be able to maintain an additional WhatsApp account parallel with the primary account.
- Once you see the cloned WhatsApp on your home screen or on the app launcher, go ahead and launch the application
- In the next page of the application, tap on the “Agree and Continue” button to proceed
- You will now have to grant the access to contact and phone calls to the copy of the WhatsApp application, allow this by first tapping on the “Continue” button and then allowing the permissions as asked
- You will now have to enter your secondary phone number now and the app will automatically read the OTP received and continue with the verification process
- You will now be able to send and receive messages from your secondary phone number through WhatsApp
It is important to enter the number correctly, if you enter the primary number in the WhatsApp clone then it will move your existing account to the clone instead of setting up a new account.
The option to use two WhatsApp accounts is present on every mobile phone now. Judging by the popularity of this growing feature, it is essential in every phone now. Every mobile manufacturer provides this option with a different name. you can find the option to initiate the process of using 2 WhatsApp accounts in the settings option.
Following mobile manufacturer stores this option in the following ways
- Xiaomi: settings (dual messenger)
- Samsung: settings – advance features (dual messenger)
- Vivo: settings (clone apps)
- Oppo: settings (clone apps)
- Asus: settings (twin apps)
- Honor: settings (app twin)
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.