Huawei Phones Will Start Running On HarmonyOS in 2021
Huawei on Thursday said its own homegrown operating system – HarmonyOS – could be available on smartphones early next year.
Highlights of the Story
- Huawei’s smartphones released in 2021 will run on HarmonyOS.
- Samsung and LG will no longer supply displays to Huawei.
Huawei is in trenches with the U.S government for some time now. The company has struggled to keep the impact on its business at a minimum. There was no information available about how they are moving forward with the issues up until now. However, it looks like the company is ready to share its way forward with respect to its smartphones.
HarmonyOS development for Huawei
Huawei on Thursday said its nascent homegrown operating system – HarmonyOS – could be available on smartphones early next year. As it pushes to build an alternative app ecosystem after the US barred it from using Google’s Android.
During its developer conference, Huawei revealed that starting 2021, the smartphones will run on HarmonyOS. It is happening because the company can no longer license GMS. Hence, will not get access to any version of Android released after Android 10.
HarmonyOS is so far in use with certain products including smart TVs, in-car entertainment systems, and wearable devices, not smartphones. Huawei’s next challenge is to lure developers to create apps for their ecosystem, which is another challenge they have to face.
Another major issue Huawei is still facing at the moment is the future of their smartphone business.
Also Read: Gionee M12 Pro Launched In China
The U.S government is tweaking its laws in such a way that it is making it harder for the company. They can no longer procure technologies that are created using American equipment or software. TSMC, Samsung, LG will not supply chipset and displays respectively to the company from now on.
This leaves the company only with their Leica branded cameras to sell on – which is not enough to lure customers.
They would be Open-Sourcing HarmonyOS to be used in tablets, cars, watches, etc. The company is also tying up with major appliance manufacturers in China to power its Huawei smartphones using HarmonyOS.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 30000
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.