iQOO Neo 6 First Impressions – The New Midrange King
Today we will be unboxing the iQOO Neo 6 and sharing our first impressions with you. Let’s see how the device stands against the competition and performs in everyday life.
Table Of Contents
- 1iQOO Neo 6 Summary
- 2iQOO Neo 6 Price in India and Variants
- 3iQOO Neo 6 Design and Build
- 4iQOO Neo 6 Display
- 5iQOO Neo 6 Camera
- 6iQOO Neo 6 Performance and UI
- 7iQOO Neo 6 Battery and Charging
- 8iQOO Neo 6 Pros & Cons
iQOO Neo 6 Summary
iQOO has always been known for its performance-centric phones which come at a very reasonable price. The iQOO Neo 6 is no different. It is the first Neo series phone to launch in India from iQOO.
The phone packs a Snapdragon 870 chipset and up to 12GB of RAM for top-notch performance. It features a big 6.62” AMOLED display paired with stereo speakers for the best multimedia experience.
Moreover, it boasts an 80W flash charge support to make sure that your phone charges back quickly. Let’s find out if the phone is as good as the brand claims it to be. Here are my first impressions of the iQOO Neo 6.
Checkout: Recycle Your Old Phone Now! Get Rewarded
iQOO Neo 6 Price in India and Variants
iQOO Neo 6 is available in two variants in India. The base variant will cost Rs. 29,999 for the 8GB RAM + 128GB of internal storage. Whereas, the 12GB RAM variant which comes with 256GB of internal storage will cost Rs. 33,999.
The phone is available in two colour options: Cyber Rage and Dark Nova. You can purchase the phone directly from the iQOO e-store and Amazon.
Planning to upgrade?Sell Your Old Phone in 60 Seconds From Home
iQOO Neo 6 Design and Build
Let’s start off with the design of iQOO Neo 6. You get a cutting edge design with a matte finish. The backside is made of polycarbonate and houses a large rectangular camera unit. The frame of the phone is also made of plastic.
The phone is available in Cyber Rage and Dark Nova colour options. We have the former with us. What I really like about the plastic matte finish is that it does not attract any fingerprint smudges. The in-hand feel is really good and feels like I’m holding a premium device in my hands.
Read More: Best Mobile Phones Under 30,000
The phone is also sleek at just 8.5mm thickness and feels light in the hands at 190 grams. You get all the standard ports, however, it misses out on a 3.5mm audio jack.
Overall, the built quality is really good although a glass back would be preferable.
iQOO Neo 6 Display
Coming to the display, the iQOO Neo 6 packs 6.62 inches of FH+ E4 AMOLED display. It features a refresh rate of 120Hz and a peak brightness of 1300 nits. I had no issues while using the phone outdoors in broad daylight.
I really love the display on the Neo 6; it is crisp, vivid and offers great viewing angles. The phone comes with HR10+ and widevine L1 support and you can watch high-quality content on OTT platforms like Netflix. The display is protected by Schott Xensation Up, no Gorilla glass here.
In addition, you get an Instant touch sampling rate of 1200Hz which significantly improves the response time while gaming. It features an in-display fingerprint scanner which unlocks the phone pretty quick.
You also get stereo speakers with the phone which enhances the overall multimedia consumption. No complaints in the display department.
iQOO Neo 6 Camera
Let’s now talk about the camera on iQOO Neo 6. The phone features a triple camera setup on the back. It includes a 64MP Samsung GW1P Sensor with OIS, an 8MP ultrawide lens and a 2MP Marco sensor. The selfies are handled by the 16MP front camera.
The images captured using the primary camera are packed with details and the colours also look great. What I really liked about the camera is that it focuses quickly on the subject. The shots taken in portrait mode also had great edge detection. The subject and background were separated well.
The selfies taken with the front camera came pretty well. The photos had good detailing with natural skin tones. However, the camera tends to soften the face to some extent.
You can record 4K 60fps videos using the rear cameras while the front can only record up to 1080p 30fps.
iQOO Neo 6 Performance and UI
The iQOO Neo 6 is driven by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 chipset which offers great performance for its price segment. It is paired with up to 12GB LPDDRX4 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage. There’s plenty of RAM to handle all your multitasking and heavy apps.
The app opening and loading time are also pretty fast, thanks to the Enhanced UFS 3.1 storage. Coming to gaming, we tried a few titles including BGMI, Apex Legends and Asphalt 9.
Both the games ran on the highest settings and I did not notice any kinds of lags or jitters. The 1200Hz touch sampling rate comes into the role here and makes a big difference while gaming.
It runs on Funtouch OS 12 which is based on Android 12. The overall UI feels smooth and feature-rich.
You get some preinstalled bloatware on the device, however, you can uninstall them easily. iQOO claims to provide two years of major updates and three years of security updates with the Neo 6.
iQOO Neo 6 Battery and Charging
The iQOO Neo 6 packs a decent 4700mAh battery inside. The phone will easily last you a full day of casual use and even leave you with some juice for the next day. A heavy user might need to charge the phone twice a day. You can expect it to deliver around 5-6 hours of screen on time.
But you don’t have to worry about that since the phone comes with 80W flash charging support. It can reach 0 to 50 per cent within just 12 minutes of charging. The 80W charger can fully charge the phone from 0 to 100 per cent in just around 35 minutes.
iQOO Neo 6 Pros & Cons
- 80W flash charge
- 120Hz refresh rate panel
- Great performance
- 64MP primary camera with OIS
- No 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Comes with bloatware
The iQOO Neo 6 is a great phone under 30k and shines in the midrange segment during our first impressions. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 chipset makes sure that there’s no compromise in the performance. Complementing the performance is the big AMOLED display that offers a great multimedia experience.
The primary camera also delivers good results in proper lighting. On top of this, the 80W fast charging support is really fast. I can easily recommend this phone to all the performance seekers in the mid-range segment. Stay tuned with Cashify for the full review.
- Choosing a new air conditioner for your house can be confusing when you have several options available like spilt, windows, tower and Cassette air conditioners. The options could seem daunting with the variety of air conditioners available. Also, you can even be under pressure to select a new system, depending on your circumstances. However, if…
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…