iQOO: The New Sub-Brand By Vivo From BBK Electronics
Smartphone makers are coming up with various ideas of making a smartphone. BBK Electronics, the parent company of OPPO, Vivo, and OnePlus is now having a new addition to its venture, iQOO. The parent company launched the sub-brand iQOO to signify the other side of their phones. With the new addition iQOO, it is focusing on making smartphones inclined towards gaming and extreme performance. Here, we discuss the story behind the company and how they are working on gaming-inclined smartphones.
Highlights of the Story
- BBK Electronics is one of the most significant contributors to the smartphone world.
- Already owning OPPO, Vivo, and OnePlus, BBK Electronics is now having a new addition, i.e., iQOO, made by Vivo.
- Here, we discuss what iQOO is, as a company, and what they are trying to achieve in this space.
Smartphone makers are coming up with various ideas of making a smartphone. One such parent company, which is putting tremendous effort in this field is BBK Electronics. The company, based out of China, is contributing to the smartphone world probably more than any other company. If you do not already know, BBK Electronics owns OPPO, Vivo, and OnePlus. And in that, OPPO already has its sub-brand Realme targeting the mid-range segment mostly. Similarly, Vivo is also now having a sub-brand named iQOO, which recently launched its new smartphone, iQOO 3, which is a gaming-centric flagship smartphone.
Also read: Top Vivo mobile phones
Before faring it as India’s first 5G smartphone, other companies like Realme and Redmi had different plans. As it turned out, each of these companies, including iQOO, made a fuss out of it for making their device the first 5G device in the Indian market. But, Realme launched the X50 Pro, making it the first 5G device in India. The 5G mess aside, the iQOO 3, was launched in two variants, the traditional 4Gand a 5G option.
The history dates back to March 2019 when Vivo launched a device called Vivo iQOO in China with the flagship chipset back then, the Snapdragon 855. As mentioned by Vivo, they have worked on bringing gaming-centric smartphones with the tag iQOO, just like how Xiaomi has Black Shark, and Asus has ROG. And after they gained some traction in China with devices like iQOO Neo and iQOO Lite, the company decided to step into India with the flagship iQOO 3 and iQOO 3 5G.
Also read: iQOO 3 Specifications
The iQOO 3 sports a 6.44-inch Super AMOLED display with a 60Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch response rate. The gaming features of the device include touch-capacitive shoulder triggers, enhanced vibration motor, U-shaped charging pin, and comfortable positioning of the headphone jack. This package comes with a 55W Super FlashCharger, which can charge the device from 0% to 50% in just 15 min.
By being one of the first 5G smartphones in India, iQOO 3 does give a fierce competition in its price range. To make things interesting, iQOO appointed Virat Kohli as the brand ambassador who was seen using the iQOO 3 in the New Zealand tour back in February.
If we can see what OPPO did with their idea, they planned out things perfectly with Realme, tried their term in China and then entered India. Realme stepped into the mid-range segment of the smartphones with some great features on offer, and there was no turning back. Similarly, Vivo did the same in China and then finally entered the Indian market. But things in the flagship segment are not the same as budget or mid-range segment. So, iQOO has to wait long enough to get the desired result in the Indian market.
Since the COVID-19 pandemic, there have not been many smartphone launches, and iQOO did launch their device in somewhat weird timing. But, they might be coming up with more devices in the line like the iQOO 3 Lite, the cheaper variant of the iQOO 3 with a mediocre processor. Hopefully, things clear out as soon as possible, and we get to see and experience more devices from the brand.
Also Watch: iQOO 3 vs Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…