Table Of Contents
- 1Apple Airpods to Have Type-C Port
Highlights of the Story
- Apple is testing new iPhones and adapters with USB Type-C connectivity.
- Many Apple products still use Lightning cable.
- In the coming future, various Apple products may shift to Type-C port.
According to Ming-Chi Kuo, AirPods, Magic Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse, and MagSafe batteries, as well as iPhones, will move to USB Type-C in the near future. According to the Apple analyst, this is feasible. As, the Cupertino-based company is not yet ready to achieve its objective of being fully portless. The news comes only days after a source claimed that Apple is planning to include a USB Type-C connection on future iPhone models. These port upgrades, however, may not occur until 2023.
According to Kuo, the portless iPhone may generate more issues owing to existing wireless technology constraints and the immature MagSafe ecosystem. This leads Apple to delay its objective of being entirely portless for a bit longer. His recent remarks follow up on prior rumours that Apple will replace the Lightning connector with USB Type-C. This feature will introduce in the second half of 2023. This suggests that the rumoured Apple iPhone 15 models may include a USB Type-C connection. The company first introduced the Lightning port with the iPhone 5 in 2012.
Apple Airpods to Have Type-C Port
Apple is testing new iPhones and adapters with USB Type-C connections, according to Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman. In a manner, he reiterated Kuo’s comments. Adding that Apple is likely to keep the Lightning connector for this year’s new models. Moreover, the switchover ‘wouldn’t happen until at least 2023.’ It’s worth noting that Apple’s iPad Pro, iPad Air, and iPad Mini all include USB Type-C connections.
As per Kuo, other Lightning-connected items, including AirPods, Magic Keyboard/Trackpad/Mouse, and MagSafe battery, will shift to USB Type-C in the near future. Another reason Apple may be obliged to contemplate the changes in the European Union’s drive to impose a common charger for cellphones. A common wire for all devices, according to the European Commission, will also reduce electronic waste.
Also Read: Apple Brings iPhone 13 Green Colour Variant
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…