Highlights of the Story
- Redmi Note 8 finally receives Android 11 update in India.
- Android 11 OS also brings MIUI 12 to the device.
- The device was 2019’s bestselling smartphone in the country.
Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 8 which was the best selling smartphone back in 2019, has finally received its much awaited Android 11 update. Moreover, it is not just Android 11 that the device is getting. The OS is coupled with the MIUI 12 custom skin update on top as well.
The phone’s successor, the Redmi Note 8 Pro has received its Android 11-Based MIUI 12 update a couple of months ago. In fact, the device has also received the MIUI 12.5 update recently. Now, it is finally time for vanilla Note 8 users to get the ultimate Android experience on their devices.
Redmi Note 8 Android 11-Based MIUI 12 Update Changelog
When talking about the Android 11-based MIUI 12 update changelog for the Note 8, in all honesty, it does not reveal much. We only get to see an ‘Other’ section under which two things have been listed. However, noted tech enthusiast Abhishek Yadav takes to Twitter to reveal the update changes in details.
As per the official update:
- Optimised System Performance.
- Improved System Security and Stability.
These are the two main points that the official update changelog covers. Yadav’s slightly more detailed look into the update reveals the following changes:
- The device gets the Android 11 OS update.
- Redmi Note 8 finally receives 1GB Virtual RAM Extension capability.
- We also get to see the October, 2021 Security Patch.
- Navigation pill has been introduced.
- In Recent Apps, users can now horizontally arrange items.
How to Check for Android 11-Based MIUI 12 Update?
In order to look for the update:
Step 1: Head over to your Redmi Note 8 device settings.
Step 2: In here, tap on the About Phone section.
Step 3: In the About Phone section, you will see the MIUI Version of your device. Tap on this.
Step 4: Now, check for updates. If you have received the update, tap on download and install. Reboot your device after the update and you are now updated to the latest version!
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…