Samsung Galaxy S21 FE Reportedly Cancelled: Here’s Why
Highlights of the Story
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE has already surfaced at the TENAA, Google Play Console, and Geekbench.
- Earlier it was supposed to launch alongside Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3 in August 2021.
- It reportedly postponed the announcement due to supply chain issues.
After a sudden quiet in its rumours, Samsung Galaxy S21 FE is back in news. Earlier, several reports and rumours leaked new details and the launch date multiple times. However, the launch date always did not come true. Recent reports claimed that the company may launch it in October. However, it looks that this launch date is also looking bleak. In a recent development, DDaily, a South Korean publication today reveals that the company has cancelled the S21 FE.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE Delayed Further or Cancelled?
According to South Korean publication DDaily, Samsung has cancelled the Galaxy Unpacked October 2021 event. This is the event where the company was apparently planning to announce the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE. The event was planned for mid-October. But due to higher than expected sales of the Galaxy Z Flip 3 and the semiconductor chip shortage, the South Korean firm has reportedly cancelled the launch of the Galaxy S21 FE. The company reportedly wants to focus on the Galaxy Z Flip 3.
To recall, Samsung launched the Galaxy Z Flip 3 in August 2021 with aggressive pricing of $999. It not only comes with updated specs but also an improved design. It is powered by the same Snapdragon 888 SoC. This is also expecting to be on the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE. It appears that the company is internally discussing that it would be ideal to focus on the parts and production of the Z Flip 3.
The primary reason can be that the foldable phone is selling too well, considering the expectations. The company might not want to take away the limelight from it. However, another issue that can be a part of the reason is that the entire electronics industry is the shortage of semiconductors. The global chip shortage might have also had to do something with Samsung cancelling the launch event for Samsung Galaxy S21 FE.
Although, Samsung Galaxy S21 FE had already surfaced at the TENAA, Google Play Console, and Geekbench. We can never be sure of the cancellation or delay until the company confirms the same.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…