Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 Price And Camera Details Leak, Expected To Begin Shipping In September
According to new reports, Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 is expected to launch alongside the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series later this year. The early leaks suggest that the smartphone will be sporting a triple camera setup on the rear similar to the Galaxy S20. It is also reported to come with two selfie cameras, one situated on the secondary exterior display while the other inside the fold. Ross Young, CEO of Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) suggested that the successor might be cheaper than the original Galaxy Fold
Highlights of the Story
- Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 is the successor to the first Foldable smartphone from Samsung
- The leaks suggest that the Galaxy Fold 2 will have a triple camera setup on the rear and 2 separate front-facing cameras
- According to a source, the Galaxy Fold 2 is expected to be cheaper than the original Galaxy Fold smartphone
The Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 is expected to launch alongside the Galaxy Note 20 series later this year, a fresh leak suggests that the smartphone will have a triple camera setup on the rear similar to the Galaxy S20 setup. The device is also reported to have two selfie cameras, one on the secondary exterior display and another inside the fold. Both the front cameras on the device are integrated into the hole-punch design.
Ross Young, CEO of Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) shared a series of tweets suggesting that the Galaxy Fold 2 will be cheaper than the original Galaxy Fold smartphone. His series of tweets revealed a few key details about the smartphone. According to the reports, the rear camera setup will consist of a 64MP primary sensor, a 12MP, and a 16MP sensor. It is going to support dual optical image stabilization as well and if the leaks are correct then the camera setup is identical to what we have seen on the Galaxy S20 smartphone.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy Fold Review
According to Ross Young, CEO of Display Supply Chain Consultants, the smartphone might be priced between $1,880 and $1,895 which translates to about Rs 1,44,000. Despite the bigger display up on the front, better camera setup and S Pen support the smartphone is expected to be cheaper than the previous variant. The Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 is expected to be launched alongside the Galaxy Note 20 and the shipments could begin in September.
Another report suggests similar camera specifications on the rear while adding the existence of two hole-punch selfie cameras, one on the side screen while the other inside the fold. Samsung was also expected to introduce the under-display camera sensors on the Galaxy Fold 2 according to some older reports but due to the current supply chain issues this new smartphone has decided to go with existing hole-punch designs
In the recent leak, the Galaxy Fold 2 was suggested to come with a 7.59-inch display with a 1689×2213 resolution based on LTPO foldable display and having a 120Hz refresh rate. There will also be a 6.23-inch LTPS OLED front panel with a 60Hz refresh rate and an 819×2267 resolution. This smartphone is also expected to support S Pen and come with ultra-thin glass cover similar to what we saw on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.