Samsung Officially Launches Galaxy Z Fold 2
The Galaxy Z Fold 2 comes with a series of upgrades over the Galaxy Fold as well as Galaxy Z Flip that launched earlier this year.
Highlights of the Story
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 will go on sale starting September 18.
- India’s launch is yet to be announced.
- The phone will retail at $1,999 (roughly Rs 1,48,300) in the US.
Samsung has launched its much-awaited next-generation foldable smartphone – the Galaxy Z Fold 2. It debuted at the Galaxy Unpacked 2020 Part 2 virtual event. The new foldable phone is the third in the series that started with the Galaxy Fold last year.
“With the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2, we closely listened to user feedback to ensure we were bringing meaningful improvements to the hardware, while also developing new innovations to enhance the user experience,” said Samsung Mobile chief Dr. TM Roh in a statement. “Further strengthened by our industry-leading partnerships with Google and Microsoft, we’re reshaping and redefining the possibilities of the mobile device experience.“
To avoid issues they had in the past with Samsung Galaxy Fold the company claims it re-engineered the hinge on the Galaxy Z Fold 2 with a dedicated “sweeper” to help clean dust and debris out using elastic fibers. The new smartphone has a CAM Mechanism that lets you open it up at multiple angles.
This foldable phone offers triple rear cameras and includes wireless charging support. It also features a bigger, flexible display that folds into two. It also comes with an Ultra-Thin Glass (UTG) protection.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Pricing
As of now, the price in India and sale details are not available. However, the phone will retail at $1,999 (roughly Rs 1,48,300) in the US.
The Galaxy Z Fold 2 is available in Mystic Black and Mystic Bronze on September 18, 2020, with pre-orders from September 1 starting with select markets including the US and Europe. Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 will be sold in 40 markets around the world, including the US and South Korea.
Also Read: Leaked: OnePlus 8T Renders
There is also a Thom Browne Edition that will be available starting September 25 in select countries. Each of these packages will include the Galaxy Z Fold 2, Galaxy Watch 3, Galaxy Buds Live, and a number of fully customized accessories all featuring elements of Thom Browne’s signature design. There is no word on the price of this special edition right now. The pre-orders go live the same day as Fold 2.
The company will allow customers to customize the foldable phone in four hinge colors – Metallic Silver, Metallic Red, Metallic Blue, and Metallic Gold. The company will offer an online tool via Samsung.com to provide this customization and it will be limited to 21 markets that don’t include India.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Specifications
Ir features a 7.6-inch full-HD+ foldable, Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display with a 120Hz refresh rate. In addition, it has a 22.5:18 aspect ratio. There is also a 6.2-inch Super AMOLED Infinity Flex Display with a 25:9 aspect ratio on the cover.
It is powering by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ SoC, coupled with 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM. There is also 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage that is not expandable by microSD card.
In terms of optics, Galaxy Z Fold 2 comes with the triple rear camera setup that houses a 12-MP sensor, a 12-MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 12-MP sensor telephoto lens. It also comes with 10-MP selfie camera sensors on both the cover screen as well as the main display. Additionally, it supports 4K video recording as well as slow-motion videos at 960fps.
Moreover, it also comes with 10-megapixel selfie camera sensors on both the cover screens as well as the main display.
It packs a 4,500mAh battery that supports fast charging, wireless charging, and Wireless PowerShare. There is also a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Connectivity options on the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 include 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS/ A-GPS, UWB (Ultra Wide Band), and a USB Type-C port. Sensors onboard include an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, barometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, proximity sensor, and an RGB sensor.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 40000
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…