Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact comes us a much-needed modification over the Sony XZ1 Compact. Priced at Rs. 45,999, this phone is one of the smallest in the Sony XZ series but packs quite a punch in it.
The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact Compact comes with a new design signature along with a robust performance that keeps it in the competitive game. However, in other aspects, the phone falters, especially in batteries and design. Sony has continued to have a problem with their battery, and they need to check this area in your phone production. But if you have been a Sony fan, you will not be disappointed with this set.
The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact will not only surprise you with its appearance, but it also has some decent specification attached under its hood. It has a few pros and cons:
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact has a refreshing design which deviates from Sony redundant block-like models.
- The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact has a beautiful, sharp FullHD+ display.
- As always, Sony has made a mark with its processor, equipping the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact with an ultra-fast Snapdragon 845 processor.
- The cameras on the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact clicks decent shots in daylight.
- The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact does not have a headphone jack.
- The design of the phone is quite chunky.
- The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact has a small screen, thereby limiting your immersive experience.
- The phone has a small battery that provides poor battery backup.
- The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact cameras have poor low-light performance.
The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact is a mixed bag, but there are more positive sides to the phone against negative ones. If you do not keep your expectations high and do not expect a futuristic phone, then the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact can be a great phone to hold and manage. Plus, it will be a great addition to your phone collection if you are a Sony fan.
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact looks compact and yet acts lightning fast, and again fails to address the recurring battery issue of Sony phones.
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact comes with a 5.0 screen with a Full HD+ resolution coming at 1080 x 2160 pixels. It has a popular 18:9 aspect ratio. It has moved forward from XZ1 Compact’s 720p. It comes with sharp colours with about a pixel density of 483ppi. The brightness is quite adequate, and you get crisp images. However, you do not get an immersive display since the screen is quite small.
The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact moves away from the block-like aesthetic and adopts a refreshing design. However, it is a bit thick at 12.1mm. The phone has a smooth curve which gives the extra girth a softer touch. It has a polished metal frame which, unfortunately, is made of plastic and hence, does not feel very premium. However, it fits comfortably in your hand and does not dig into your palms. Sony places it’s dedicated cakes button on the lower right side, and the rear panel holds the fingerprint scanner. Unfortunately, the phone, like many premium models, does not have a headphone jack. The phone, overall, is quite sturdy.
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact comes with a fast Snapdragon 845 processor paired with a 4GB. It is the same processor used by Samsung Galaxy S9. The processor will help you multitask with ease. App-switching is smooth, and you will not experience any lags. You can even play modern games like Tekken, and you will not face any stutters. Overall, the phone is a beautiful performer and keeps the phone speedy and fast.
The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact has a 19MP rear camera which is the same as its predecessor. It is a Motion Eye single-sensor camera which can shed 4K HDR videos. It can click decent phones in daylight. However, the low-light shots are dull and grainy. Sony could have improved on the low-light area better. In the front, the phone arrives with a 5MP camera which is not impressive. You do not capture enough details, and there is a bit of grain captured as well. Overall, the cameras of the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact are just passable.
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact comes with a weak 2870 mAh battery. This battery is quite small, and accordingly, you can barely get a whole day worth out of it. Extreme light use might squeeze out a day, but it does not bode well for the phone. However, it does come with a fast charging Qualcomm’s QuickCharge 3.0 technology, and hence, you can get decent charge with 40-50 minutes.
The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact looks chunky and is a mixed bag. While the design may not please you, its display is quite bright, and the performance scores well. The phone is fast and can handle most tasks thrown at it. However, its display is not as immersive due to the presence of bezels. On the other hand, the phone does not have a proper battery, and the camera performance is mediocre too. Overall, if you are a Sony fan and into performance, then this phone will be right for you, though there are better phones from other brands present in the market.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- Thickness0.48 inches
- Height5.31 inches
- Weight168 g
- ColorBlack, White Silver, Moss Green, Coral Pink
- BuildFront glass, aluminum frame, plastic back
- Width2.56 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.0 inches
- Pixel Density483 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 5
- Display Resolution1080 x 2160 pixels
- Aspect Ratio18:09
- Screen to Body Ratio73.50%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold 4x1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 (10 nm)
- GPUAdreno 630
- OSAndroid 8.0 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 1 TB (uses shared SIM slot) - dual SIM model only
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Single Camera19 MP, f/2.0, 25mm (wide), 1/2.3, 1.22 micron
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, panorama, HDR
- Autofocuspredictive PDAF laser AF
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p60fps, 1080p30fps (gyro-EIS), 1080p960fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps (gyro-EIS)
- Single Camera5 MP, f/2.2, 23mm (wide), 1/5
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features24-bit/192kHz audioActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity2870 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 18W (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector USB Host
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, color spectrum
- Water ResistantIP68 dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Announced On2018, February
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, April
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
- iPhones have been around for many years now and have eventually acquired a massive share in the market over the years, this has also helped the brand gain a lot of trust and loyalty from its repeat customers. If you are reading this article, the chances are that you might also be having an iPhone right now, however, iPhones tend to heat at times because of a bad software patch or the processor working way more than the required amount. The average operating temperature of an iPhone is significantly lower than some of the other phones due to safety concerns.
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.2spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 6₹7,421Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Mi A1₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSony Xperia 10Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreSony Xperia XA2Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreLG Q7₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Note 5₹7,698Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 6 pro₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSony Xperia XZ1₹34,990Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreXiaomi Mi Mix 2SAdd to compare
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20₹77,999Add to compare
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare