Redmi 4A fortifies the throne of budget-king Xiaomi with its low price and capable hardware. Priced at 5,999, Redmi 4A is quite ahead of its time, standing out as a budget phone that could also challenge low mid-range phones as well.
Redmi 4A stays strong in the budget market with its capable processor, amazing battery and decent design. It is one of the best phones that any budget user could get their hands on.
It comes with a capable battery that keeps the phone chugging for more than a day, which is quite unexpected for a budget phone. Redmi 4A has a camera which can perform magic with low-light photography, where even mid-range flagships struggle to keep the details.
While Redmi 4A does not have the best performance, it comes with a sizable battery that keeps the phone juiced up for the better part of two days. It does not come with fast charging, but the charging speed is quite decent, so you don’t have to stay without a phone for a long time.
For a budget phone, Redmi 4A has a fantastic camera performance. The daylight photos capture plenty of details and are quite sharp. However, the surprise is in the low-light performance where Redmi 4A masters the budget market and even performs better than many mid-range phones. The low-light photos light up capturing enough details for the images to be visible.
Redmi 4A may have some notable features, but on the whole, it stands as a budget phone in terms of performance and display. However, it is one of the best budget phones in the market and is an instant recommendation for any budget user.
Redmi 4A redefines the low-range market with budget performance and exceptional camera making it one of the best budget phones in the market.
Redmi 4A has a 5-inch screen with a resolution of 720×1280 and a pixel density of 296ppi. Display tests show that it could produce an NTSC colour gamut of 72% which is quite decent. The colour reproduction is adequate, and the display is quite vivid. Redmi 4A is plenty bright and does not make the screen reflective when it is taken outside in the sun. The images are quite sharp. Redmi 4A also offers a reading mode that adjusts the colour temperature so that it is easier on the eyes.
While Xiaomi Redmi 4A looks like a metal phone, it is made out of polycarbonate. The design used on the phone is similar to the previous Redmi phones, so it doesn’t bring anything new to the table. It has curved edges, and the corners are rounded so that it could fit well in hand. It weighs around 144 grams which is one of the lightest in the Redmi series. The matte finish of the rear panel makes it quite grippy. The Redmi 4A does not come equipped with a fingerprint reader, but that is acceptable, considering the price that it comes in.
Redmi 4A has a quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor running at 1.4GHz. It is also partnered with integrated Adreno 308 graphics. The handset is capable of browsing the web, email surfing and casual gaming. However, it still has a budget performance, and while multitasking is satisfying, it may lag if it is pushed. Graphics-heavy games will lag even if put in low settings. However, in terms of the budget market that it competes with, the phone has enough power. Benchmark tests put the single-core performance at 670 points, and multi-core performance at 1775, which is a tad bit behind the Moto G5S’ 1928.
Redmi 4A has a 13MP rear camera with single-LED flash. It produces brilliant photos when the light is adequate. The colours are vibrant the day-light pictures keep plenty of details intact. As a budget phone, Redmi 4A fares quite well when it comes to daylight photography. Low-light photography of Redmi 4A is a surprise too. Even without the flash, the low-lights photos light up, and you can differentiate between the light and black areas. There is a bit of blurring present, but other than that, the camera quality is above-average. Redmi 4A arrives with a 5MP selfie camera with an f/2.2 aperture. It is a capable selfie camera and can take detailed and sharp selfies which can be used on social media. However, it does not shoot as well as the rear camera when it comes to low light situations.
Redmi 4A has a 3120mAh battery. The battery has enough capacity to keep running for a day. It is quite generous considering the 5-inch display and therefore, lasts for a longer period. An HD video loop test at maxed out brightness found the battery lasting for a satisfying 12 hours and 35 minutes. It can easily get the user through 1.5 days with light to moderate use. Fast charging is not supported for this handset, which is a disappointment. It can get from 0% to full power in two hours.
Redmi 4A raises the standard of a budget phone. It has a satisfying camera performance, a grippy polycarbonate body and a powerful battery backing up the display. As a budget phone, Xiaomi has always delivered, and Redmi 4A delivers too, as a whole, though it does not stand out in all aspects. A bump in the price can get you Redmi 3S, which comes with a metal body, more battery capacity and better Snapdragon 430 processor. Redmi 4A itself is a satisfying phone targeted to the first-time smartphone users, for whom it is a decent option.
- Bluetooth4.1, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.33 inches
- Height5.51 inches
- Weight131.5 g
- ColorGold, Rose Gold, Dark Gray
- BuildPlastic body
- Width2.77 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5 Inches
- Pixel Density296 ppi
- Display Resolution720 x 1280 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio69.00%
- CPUQuad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset GPQualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 (28 nm)
- GPUAdreno 308
- OSAndroid 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) MIUI 10
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage16GB 2GB RAM, 32GB 2GB RAM, 32GB 3GB RAM
- Single Camera13 MP, f/2.2
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera5 MP, f/2.2
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3120 mAh
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMHybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM/ Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsAccelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Announced On2016, November
- StatusAvailable. Released 2016, November
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Xiaomi Redmi 4A
Get the best price for Xiaomi Redmi 4A
Get the best price for Xiaomi Redmi 4A
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
Discover Phones Best For You
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹8,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare