Best Smartphones With Dedicated Gaming Mode To Enhance Your Gaming Experience
Smartphone gaming has hugely increased over the past few years, with each passing year, smartphones are becoming more capable and can easily support high-end games. A lot of smartphones these days support extremely powerful games. A lot of the new smartphones also come with dedicated modes to enhance the gaming experience.
Highlights of the Story
- Gaming modes help boost the performance of the smartphone to offer a better gaming experience
- Some gaming modes in smartphones also allow the calls, messages and other notifications to be blocked ensuring a distraction-free gaming experience
- Gaming mode also offers options to monitor the performance to see different stats like the clock speed and thermal temperature
Smartphone Gaming has taken a huge rise in the last few years, with new games like PUBG, Fortnite and other ones coming in the Google Play Store each year. This has led to the creation of a new category in smartphones as the gaming smartphone category.
Most of these new Gaming Smartphones come with exclusive modes to enable a better gaming experience. These gaming smartphones are also powered by the latest high-end chipsets and come with a massive amount of RAM and internal storage to meet all the gaming needs.
Some of the best gaming modes in different smartphones are:
Ultra Gaming Mode – iQOO 3
The iQOO 3 is one of the most powerful smartphones in the price segment that it competes. The smartphone is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset and comes with up to 12GB of RAM. The smartphone has a 6.55-inch FullHD+ Super AMOLED display with HDR10 support.
The device also uses Carbon fiber VC liquid cooling technology to ensure that the smartphone remains cool at all times. The device comes with a gaming mode called Ultra Game Mode which can be found in the settings of the smartphone.
The app offers all possible optimizations that gamers would appreciate including the ability to block background calls and notifications. There is also an eSports mode, frame rate precedence and a 4D game vibration mode that provides force feedback while playing games.
There is also a game picture-in-picture option along with the other features. The Eagle Eye view offers localized tone mapping, contrast adjustments, colour enhancements and detail sharpening along with several mode adjustments to help you perceive the display with mode quality. There is also an option to have different settings of the Ultra Game Mode for different games which are very helpful.
- Has one of the best possible hardware combinations for the best gaming experience
- Uses Carbon VC liquid cooling technology to keep the temperature under control
- Offers background call blocking, frame rate precedence and 4D Game vibration options in the ultra-gaming mode
- Eagle eye offers several mode adjustments to enhance the visual effects in the game
- Allows options to be mapped differently for different games
Also Read: iQOO 3 Review
X Mode – Asus ROG Phone II
The Asus ROG Phone II comes second in the race for the best gaming smartphone. The device is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ chipset that is overclocked to 2.96GHz, the device has up to 12GB of RAM and 512 GB of internal storage.
The smartphone also has a FullHD+ AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate. The smartphone comes with an X Mode which is the gaming mode of the smartphone, the user can simply squeeze the phone at the bottom half to activate the triggers and the smartphone background will also update to show that the X Mode is enabled.
The LED ROG Logo on the rear of the smartphone will also start flashing. It can also be enabled through the drop-down icon in the notifications or by entering the X Mode Armory Crate which is the ASUS main interface for high-performance modes.
Whenever the app detects a new game downloaded from Play Store, it creates a profile for it in the application, you can either let X Mode automatically customize the performance or manually adjust the thermal headroom, networking, refresh rate and the performance.
Users can adjust the minimum and maximum frequencies of all the cores in the system, there is also an option to adjust thresholds for when the threads are upgraded to more powerful cores. You can also adjust the memory settings similar to the ASUS PC motherboards.
You can enable the option to disable calls and notifications adjust the Air Triggers and optimize the performance by removing the apps from the memory. You can also track the Memory usage, storage usage, CPU and GPU clock frequencies and their temperatures in real-time to ensure that the device is at its best performance.
Also Read: ASUS ROG Phone 2 Review
In a nutshell, this feature offers the following benefits:
- Offers customizations of Clock speeds for each individual core in the SoC
- Allows users to set thresholds to adjust the shift to higher performance cores manually
- It allows automatic and manual adjustments to enable the best performance
Fnatic mode – OnePlus 7T Pro
The OnePlus 7T Pro comes with a Snapdragon 855+ chipset and comes with up to 12GB of RAM. The device also uses a QuadHD+ display with a 90Hz refresh rate for a smooth gaming experience. The Fnatic mode in the OnePlus smartphones is the exclusive gaming mode in the smartphone and allows users to enhance the gaming experience.
There is an option to disable all the notifications and calls during gaming, you can also disable the second SIM card to enhance the network on the main SIM card and boost gaming performance. This mode is available on all OnePlus smartphones starting from the OnePlus 5.
This can be enabled by going to the settings. Select Utilities, and choose the Gaming Mode. Here you can ask the gaming mode to be automatically turned on for specific apps, you can now turn on the Fnatic mode with the toggle and there is also an option for Gaming Display enhancement to enhance the light and dark details in a game.
Also Read: OnePlus 7T Pro Review
- Can block calls notifications and even the secondary SIM to enable higher performance on the primary SIM during game mode
- Offers in-game display enhancement to make the lights and darks look better
- Enhances the gaming performance on the smartphone for a better overall experience
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.