Best Smartphones With Dedicated Gaming Mode To Enhance Your Gaming Experience
Smartphone gaming has hugely increased over the past few years, with each passing year, smartphones are becoming more capable and can easily support high-end games. A lot of smartphones these days support extremely powerful games. A lot of the new smartphones also come with dedicated modes to enhance the gaming experience.
Highlights of the Story
- Gaming modes help boost the performance of the smartphone to offer a better gaming experience
- Some gaming modes in smartphones also allow the calls, messages and other notifications to be blocked ensuring a distraction-free gaming experience
- Gaming mode also offers options to monitor the performance to see different stats like the clock speed and thermal temperature
Smartphone Gaming has taken a huge rise in the last few years, with new games like PUBG, Fortnite and other ones coming in the Google Play Store each year. This has led to the creation of a new category in smartphones as the gaming smartphone category.
Most of these new Gaming Smartphones come with exclusive modes to enable a better gaming experience. These gaming smartphones are also powered by the latest high-end chipsets and come with a massive amount of RAM and internal storage to meet all the gaming needs.
Some of the best gaming modes in different smartphones are:
Ultra Gaming Mode – iQOO 3
The iQOO 3 is one of the most powerful smartphones in the price segment that it competes. The smartphone is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset and comes with up to 12GB of RAM. The smartphone has a 6.55-inch FullHD+ Super AMOLED display with HDR10 support.
The device also uses Carbon fiber VC liquid cooling technology to ensure that the smartphone remains cool at all times. The device comes with a gaming mode called Ultra Game Mode which can be found in the settings of the smartphone.
The app offers all possible optimizations that gamers would appreciate including the ability to block background calls and notifications. There is also an eSports mode, frame rate precedence and a 4D game vibration mode that provides force feedback while playing games.
There is also a game picture-in-picture option along with the other features. The Eagle Eye view offers localized tone mapping, contrast adjustments, colour enhancements and detail sharpening along with several mode adjustments to help you perceive the display with mode quality. There is also an option to have different settings of the Ultra Game Mode for different games which are very helpful.
- Has one of the best possible hardware combinations for the best gaming experience
- Uses Carbon VC liquid cooling technology to keep the temperature under control
- Offers background call blocking, frame rate precedence and 4D Game vibration options in the ultra-gaming mode
- Eagle eye offers several mode adjustments to enhance the visual effects in the game
- Allows options to be mapped differently for different games
Also Read: iQOO 3 Review
X Mode – Asus ROG Phone II
The Asus ROG Phone II comes second in the race for the best gaming smartphone. The device is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ chipset that is overclocked to 2.96GHz, the device has up to 12GB of RAM and 512 GB of internal storage.
The smartphone also has a FullHD+ AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate. The smartphone comes with an X Mode which is the gaming mode of the smartphone, the user can simply squeeze the phone at the bottom half to activate the triggers and the smartphone background will also update to show that the X Mode is enabled.
The LED ROG Logo on the rear of the smartphone will also start flashing. It can also be enabled through the drop-down icon in the notifications or by entering the X Mode Armory Crate which is the ASUS main interface for high-performance modes.
Whenever the app detects a new game downloaded from Play Store, it creates a profile for it in the application, you can either let X Mode automatically customize the performance or manually adjust the thermal headroom, networking, refresh rate and the performance.
Users can adjust the minimum and maximum frequencies of all the cores in the system, there is also an option to adjust thresholds for when the threads are upgraded to more powerful cores. You can also adjust the memory settings similar to the ASUS PC motherboards.
You can enable the option to disable calls and notifications adjust the Air Triggers and optimize the performance by removing the apps from the memory. You can also track the Memory usage, storage usage, CPU and GPU clock frequencies and their temperatures in real-time to ensure that the device is at its best performance.
Also Read: ASUS ROG Phone 2 Review
In a nutshell, this feature offers the following benefits:
- Offers customizations of Clock speeds for each individual core in the SoC
- Allows users to set thresholds to adjust the shift to higher performance cores manually
- It allows automatic and manual adjustments to enable the best performance
Fnatic mode – OnePlus 7T Pro
The OnePlus 7T Pro comes with a Snapdragon 855+ chipset and comes with up to 12GB of RAM. The device also uses a QuadHD+ display with a 90Hz refresh rate for a smooth gaming experience. The Fnatic mode in the OnePlus smartphones is the exclusive gaming mode in the smartphone and allows users to enhance the gaming experience.
There is an option to disable all the notifications and calls during gaming, you can also disable the second SIM card to enhance the network on the main SIM card and boost gaming performance. This mode is available on all OnePlus smartphones starting from the OnePlus 5.
This can be enabled by going to the settings. Select Utilities, and choose the Gaming Mode. Here you can ask the gaming mode to be automatically turned on for specific apps, you can now turn on the Fnatic mode with the toggle and there is also an option for Gaming Display enhancement to enhance the light and dark details in a game.
Also Read: OnePlus 7T Pro Review
- Can block calls notifications and even the secondary SIM to enable higher performance on the primary SIM during game mode
- Offers in-game display enhancement to make the lights and darks look better
- Enhances the gaming performance on the smartphone for a better overall experience
Game Space – Nubia Red Magic 3
The Nubia Red Magic 3 Smartphone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset, it comes with 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. The device uses a liquid cooling technology and adds an internal turbo fan to deliver the best cooling performance possible.
The display on the smartphone is a 6.65-inch FullHD+ AMOLED panel with a 90Hz refresh rate. The device comes with built-in shoulder triggers that can replace the on-screen buttons to play your favourite games with more precision.
There is also a gaming port to connect the smartphone to a PC and stream the walk-through videos easily from the game. The smartphone also comes with a 4D intelligent vibration similar to the Asus ROG Phone II to enable haptic feedback for gun fires and other scenes from the vibrator motor.
The gaming mode on the smartphone can be easily enabled by sliding the gaming key on the left panel, the app comes with a plethora of features to enhance the gaming experience on the device.
The first page shows cards of all the downloaded games, the app not only allows gaming control adjustments but also adjustments to the fan in the smartphone. The smartphone app also allows you to block calls and other interruptions from interrupting the in-game experience.
The personal center offers multiple functions like fan settings, record settings, and other options. There is an intelligent adjust option that adjusts the fan speed to CPU temperature.
- Includes a fan control option to manually adjust the speed or use the auto option for intelligent control based on CPU temperature
- Can block calls and notifications for an uninterrupted gaming experience
- Has a WhatsApp option to open WhatsApp in a pop-up window that can be expanded
- Controls the different game advanced options and supports full game recording or death recording
- Supports advanced 4D vibration to simulate haptic feedback for a more interactive gaming experience
Also watch: Best Gaming Smartphones
Game Space – Realme X2
The Realme X2 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ chipset and has 12GB of RAM and up to 256GB internal storage. The device also uses a 6.5-inch Super AMOLED panel with HDR10+ support for the best visual experience.
The gaming mode in the Realme X2 shows the Cpu performance, GPU performance, Realtime FPS when the game is running. You can also block the notifications, reject calls while the game is being run. The smartphone also supports external gamepad for a better experience and has 4D vibration for a more enhanced gaming experience.
You can enable the photo-realistic enhancements in the application to make the visual experience better while gaming. There is also a voice change for those who want to change the voice for in-game voice chat. You can also monitor the health, battery voltage, temperature, and other stats in the application to ensure that the smartphone is safe.
- Comes with a 4D vibration option to deliver haptic feedback for gun fires and other situations
- Calls and notifications can be blocked easily for an uninterrupted experience.
- The gamin performance is enhanced by modifying the clock speeds automatically when the game is powered on.
The OnePlus 8 has truly embraced it’s motto ‘Never settle’ when it comes to providing the best gaming experience to its users. It has an in-display fingerprint sensor and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset that assures great performance. It provides wireless audio support but doesn’t come with a headphone jack. Apart from that it is accompanied by an 8 GB RAM, Dark Mode 2.0, 90HZ refresh rate and a 4300mAh monster battery.
The gadget also offers 5G connectivity. With an amazing design and a display of 6.55” fluid AMOLED screen enabling Full HD+ experience under 2400 x 1080 screen resolution within a 20:9 aspect ratio, one could not have asked for more. The phone has triple camera setup and an image resolution of 8000 x 6000 Pixels. Effectively optimising its hardware with the OxygenOS, OnePlus 8 is exactly what a gamer needs with its maxed-out graphic quality.
- Best all-round phone for Android gamers.
- Snapdragon 865 CPU ensures the best in terms of speed and performance.
- The enhanced frame rate is incredible for gaming.
- A 90Hz display sets the right tone for gaming.
- Fnatic Mode will optimise the phone’s resources for gaming and block all notifications.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…