Galaxy Fold Gets Some New Features From Galaxy Fold 2
Samsung has started rolling out an update for its original foldable smartphone Galaxy Fold.
Highlights of the Story
- Samsung is bringing the original Galaxy Fold on par with its most recent foldable smartphone.
- The new update will include select features of the newly-launched Galaxy Z Fold 2.
- One of the new features in the update is App Pair.
Samsung is starting to roll out an update for its original foldable smartphone Galaxy Fold. The company is planning to include select features of the newly-launched Galaxy Z Fold2. Moreover, the update will bring App Pair – which lets users launch up to three apps at once.
Also Read: Vivo X51 5G Launched: Price, Specifications
This update on Galaxy Fold also brings Capture View Mode, which lets you frame a photo with one half of the Fold’s main screen. In addition, it will let you review up to five of the latest photos or videos you have taken on the other half. Additionally, the Pro Video mode will now let you capture video in a 21:9 aspect ratio and at 24 fps.
“This feature can be accessed via the Edge Panel, which combines the Multi-Window Tray with Edge Panel for improved convenience. All you need to do is swipe the side of the screen to see up to 22 of your favorite apps.”Samsung in a statement on update for Galaxy Fold
The update is now available globally as of Monday. However, the launch date and the features included with the update “may vary by carrier or market”. It may not be available for your Galaxy Fold just yet.
It will start rolling out in the US next week, according to the original publication of on the company blog.
Also Read: Top 5 Best Power Banks in India Right Now
Moreover, Galaxy Fold will also get a few features from the Z Fold2 to improve productivity. In addition, it will have Dual Preview. Also, Rear Cam Selfie, allows users to use the rear camera for selfies. One can preview the image on the cover display.
In addition, this update will enable Galaxy Fold users to connect the phone wirelessly to a SmartTV. It can happen via the Samsung DeX icon in the quick panel. Finally, the update will also add the option to directly share the password of the Wi-Fi you are connected to trusted Galaxy devices near you.
Also read: Mobile Charging Jack Repair
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…
- Is Google Pixel 4A a good pick in 2021? Should you invest in it right now? Read to know more.
- IPL Live Streaming Free Online: Best Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches on Your Mobile PhoneBest Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches for Free
- Read this to know the top five reasons to buy the all-new Vivo X60 Pro Plus.
- How To Save Your Smartphone From Water Damage During Holi