If you are struggling with your OnePlus 5 battery, or you have to carry the charger while going outside or recharge your mobile phone multiple times a day for continuous use and wish to replace its battery, there is no need to take your OnePlus 5 smartphone for repairing to any professional or a service centre. You can easily replace it at your home by following the simple steps from our experts. Making the battery replacement easy for you and it doesn’t matter if you have any smartphone-related knowledge or not. Just follow the steps illustrated by our experts and you will be able to replace your smartphone battery easily.
Before replacing your battery, you must know about the tools that you will be using while executing the task properly. Here is the detailed list of tools, mandatory for replacement of one plus 5 battery.
Spudger Tool – The Spudger tool features a Screwdriver type flat-head, extending like a wedge. This tool is used for separating pressure-fit components without damaging them while separating.
Scale – This tool works as an opener and sometimes when the adhesive tape is not enough to remove, the scale helps to detach the object smoothly.
T4 Screwdriver – With a swivel top, knurled grip along with the ergonomic handle, T4 Screwdriver is used for removing and installing the small screws.
SIM Card Opener – This tool removes the sim card from your device safely, ensuring its efficient removal from the sim tray.
Tweezer – A tweezer is a tool, required for grabbing and handling tiny objects. In this case, you will need a tweezer for removing the adhesive tape.
Also Read: How To Change iPhone 7 Battery At Home?
All of these tools are available in the mobile repairing tool kit and you can also buy them easily. After learning about all the required tools, for replacing the battery of your OnePlus 5 by own at your home, follow the steps below carefully.
• Turn off your OnePlus 5 handset before replacing your battery for security reasons.
• Insert the sim card opener tool to extract the sim card from your smartphone.
• Between the back shell and the screen insert the Spudger Tool for removing the back panel by unclipping it all around.
• Using the removing screw detach the protection plate of the battery and then the screw below the finger sensor with a screwdriver.
• Unplug the battery connector from its slot. Only then remove the adhesive tape with the tweezer for detaching the battery.
• If the adhesive tape is non-removable, detach the battery by using the scale.
• After the battery is detached from its place, place your new battery there with its side containing the serial number on its upper side.
• Now plug the battery connector.
• You can check the battery by turning on your device and using it for a while. You have to make sure to turn your OnePlus 5 smartphone off before proceeding for the next step.
• After this put the finger sensor back in its pre place and install the battery shield with the screwdriver.
• Attach the back panel, fix it properly and you are done now.