10 Tricks To Make Your Phone Not Reachable And Avoid Unwanted Calls
Making your mobile phone not reachable sends the same message to the caller and puts no doubts or questions of you actually doing it on purpose. It is the best way to avoid calls and here are some of the best ways to make your smartphone not reachable.
Highlights of the Story
- Unnecessary calls are annoying, especially when you are busy with something else or not in a mood to pick call
- The best way to dodge it is by making your phone unreachable.
- We have discussed 10 ways that are the best to make your phone out of range.
What to do when you are not in the mood to attend phone calls? Switch off your mobile phone? Well, that will give an idea to the caller that you are avoiding his/her call on purpose. Then what other options do we have? The simple solution is by making the phone unreachable. It is the best way to get your way out of answering calls when you don’t want to, and the caller wouldn’t even know.
And doing this on your mobile phone is only possible when you know about the best Tricks To Make Your Phone Not Reachable. Some of these tricks have been mentioned and explained further below.
Top 10 Tricks To Make Your Phone Not Reachable:
1. Airplane/Flight mode
The easiest way to make your mobile phone unreachable is to simply put it on the airplane or flight mode. It will do the job of sending the caller and message of you being unreachable and making them think that this might be because of network error or any other technical fault in the device.
To do this trick, look at the top quick settings bar of your mobile phone, and you will find the option of airplane or flight mode. You can also find it by holding the power button of a phone for about 2 seconds. Enable it, and you are done.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 30000
2. Change the mobile network
Changing the mobile network will also do the job successfully without giving any hint to the caller. It is also very easy to do. All you need to do is go to the system settings. There you will find mobile and network settings. Click on manual selection once you get there and select any network that is actually not yours. Your phone will be unreachable the moment you have done it. You can later select your actual mobile network to disable this setting.
Also Read: How To Record Calls On iPhone!
3. Change network mode
Changing the network mode is another helpful trick. By default your smartphone selects automatically the best available network and selects the strongest one automatically. But you can also make a manual selection of the network and in case you select a network that is not available then this shall make your number not reachable.
To enable this you need to go to Settings of your device, then select network settings, and inside it select ‘Manual’ under network selection. This shall make your number not reachable. You can go back to the same setting and choose the working network to start taking calls.
4. Forward call
Another trick to make your phone out of coverage area is to forward the call to an expired number. All you need for doing this is an old and expired number. Simply go to the call settings of your mobile phone, and there you will find the option of forwarding calls. There, enter the number which is not in use and is expired. However, remember that the caller may know about the call being forwarded and may guess that you are doing it on purpose.
5. Sim card trick
Removing your sim card and inserting it back again is also an efficient way to make your phone unreachable. All you need to do is take out the SIM card, switch off your phone, and insert the sim card back again. This will make your number not reachable until you restart your device.
7. Third-party applications
There are some apps on the app stores such as “Phone Signal Jammer“, “PilferShush Jammer” and many more similar apps that claim that these can block cell reception and this makes your number go not reachable. These apps are free to use and are only available on Android, but the functionality of these apps varies from device to device so you can test it out on your device and see if this works.
8. Remove the battery
If you remove the battery of your smartphone without switching off the device then this can do the trick. Your mobile phone will be unreachable just by doing this little trick making this another very easy method.
Your phone will switch off automatically after taking off the battery. You can check by calling on your mobile number from any other device to be assured of this. Remember to keep your phone on why you are removing the battery, or else this trick will not work.
9. Aluminum foil
Wrap your mobile phone in aluminum foil. It may sound like a stupid and non-working DIY, but it actually does the trick as it causes poor network connection. By doing this, your smartphone’s radio antenna won’t be able to receive any mobile network and it becomes really difficult for your device to receive any signals once you wrap it in aluminum foil. Therefore, the caller will receive the message of “this number is out of coverage area; please try again later!”
If you do not have aluminum foil in your house, then try to put your mobile in a steel box. That too will do the same trick efficiently.
Also read: Smartphone reviews
10. Block the number
This trick is a bit risky and usually only works for Android devices. Some android devices that deliver the message “the number you have dialed is currently busy” when putting the number on the block. However, there are some Android devices that inform the calling about the number being unreachable on blocking.
It is best to first check this trick by blocking any of your other or alternative numbers and then calling on your device by that number. If the message being delivered is of an unreachable device, then congratulations as you can simply block the number whose call you want to dodge.
To block calls on your device you can either use in-built call block functionality that can be viewed by selecting the recent calls menu and blocking the numbers manually. Or you can even use third-party apps like “Truecaller” to block calls. This might not make the number go not reachable, but this will make the calls disconnect as soon as the caller calls your number.
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.