Spotify is said to be one of the leading music and podcast streaming applications that you simply cannot miss out on. It gives you the option to go through their fantastic and humongous music and podcast library seamlessly. In this article, we will tell you the steps to download songs in Spotify, so you can listen to songs and podcasts offline.
Spotify’s feature to let you download songs is useful when you want to have songs and podcasts in storage in areas where you can’t stream such content via the internet as such area may have a poor net connection, or you simply want to not spend your data again and again on online streaming the same song or podcast.
If you are a Spotify Premium account user, you are allowed to download all sorts of songs and podcasts to the extent of 10,000 songs/podcasts on 5 of your devices. The download is limited to podcasts only for people who use the free Spotify edition.
Want the step by step guidance to download songs in Spotify? Please go through our valuable manual that’ll help you through every stage of downloading music from Spotify.
Download songs in Spotify on your smartphone or any other smart device
- Click on the Spotify app on your device and ensure that you have a stable net connection (Wi-Fi or Mobile Data)
- Go to the album, playlist, or podcast you intend to download on your device. Since you are not allowed to download a single song, you can simply make a playlist of songs you intend to download and save them on your device.
- Click on the arrow icon that is present under the album or the playlist to commence your downloading. When the arrows become green, it means that you have successfully downloaded.
- Navigate to your Library to have a look at the downloads you made. You can find the Library by clicking on the icon that is in the bottom right corner of Spotify’s home screen.
The default settings of Spotify do not let you download songs in Spotify on Mobile Data. The way around this is –
- Click on ‘Home’
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Go to ‘Audio Quality’ under ‘Settings’
- Under ‘Audio Quality’, you will find the ‘Downloads’ tab
- Switch to the ‘ Download using cellular’ option
Download songs in Spotify on a PC/Laptop
- Go to your Spotify app and navigate your way to the album or the playlist you intend to download.
- Choose the arrow icon that is under the album’s artwork, adjacent to the heart icon.
- If the arrow turns into green, it means that you have successfully downloaded the song.
- In order to have a look at your downloads, go to the Library and there you will find it in the navigation bar, which is placed on the left side of your Spotify screen.
Enabling Offline Mode on Spotify
If you want to just hear your downloaded songs in Spotify with no internet working at the back of the app, then you can switch on the Offline Mode.
- On a mobile/tablet: Click on Home > Go to Settings > Go to the Playback > Choose to turn on ‘Offline mode’.
- Offline Mode on a P.C (Mac): Navigate to Spotify app > Open Apple Menu > Spotify > Choose the ‘Offline mode’ option
- Turning on Offline Mode on a P.C (Windows): Navigate to Spotify >Open File > Choose the ‘Offline mode’ option.
In Spotify, you have to ensure that you go online once in a span of 30 days. This it done to keep your downloads intact. Spotify does this because this way, it can collect the play data for remunerating the artists.
Hope that our article helps you gain insight on how to download songs in Spotify and listen anytime.
Law Graduate with knack for keeping up with latest technology news.