How to Disable WhatsApp Without Deleting The App
WhatsApp is one of the most widely used platforms around the globe and it’s quite addictive and users tend to waste a lot of time on the app. However, WhatsApp doesn’t provide you an option to go hidden, so you have to find alternatives for that. The best options to disable are to turn off notifications for WhatsApp, disabling mobile data for WhatsApp, changing the ringtone of WhatsApp, and more. So, to help you get hidden on WhatsApp, we have bought some methods and the steps to perform those methods.
Table Of Contents
- 1What Can You Do?
- 2How To Disable WhatsApp – Ways to go ‘Invisible’
- 3How To Disable WhatsApp – Conclusion
Highlights of the Story
- WhatsApp is not your regular social media messaging platform where you can just log out easily.
- If you don’t want to use WhatsApp, there is not a lot that you can do other than uninstalling it.
- In this article, we talk about how to disable WhatsApp easily, using a variety of different ways!
WhatsApp is the most used social media platform in India. Everyone nowadays wants to go Invisible On WhatsApp. As we know, in terms of numbers, about 340 million people from India use WhatsApp, which is way more than any other country. As a matter of fact, this social media platform has become an inseparable part of the majority of people living in India. Now, if you want to fall off the radar without actually deleting the app, there are ways to achieve ‘How to disable WhatsApp’.
However, not going Invisible On WhatsApp might have some disadvantages too. For instance, you cannot just log out of this application, as you can do with the likes of Instagram and Facebook. If you want to stop using it, there are just a few options that can help you as the app doesn’t give you a chance to disappear. So, for most users, the only option that remains is deleting WhatsApp. But removing from your phone also means that you won’t be able to receive any messages.
Also Read: How To Share Location On WhatsApp!
What Can You Do?
Uninstalling usually is the last resort, especially for applications like WhatsApp, as deleting and reinstalling an app with all that massive data is daunting. So, what’s an alternative of completing going Invisible On WhatsApp or removing WhatsApp from your phone, or more importantly, do we have an alternative or not.
Yes, there are ways to fall off the radar without actually deleting WhatsApp from your phone. What you will be doing is silencing it or temporarily disabling your WhatsApp instead of removing it entirely from your phone.
Also read: Top Camera Smartphones
In this piece, we have mentioned some ways that will help you go invisible on WhatsApp. So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
How To Disable WhatsApp – Ways to go ‘Invisible’
All the methods mentioned below are a notch above “hiding last seen” and disabling “Read Notifications” to go Invisible On WhatsApp. But you can always turn back to a regular WhatsApp activity when you feel like it with just a few clicks.
1. Turning OFF Notification sounds for Whatsapp
This might be the best solution for the people that don’t want WhatsApp’s notification tone or to go Invisible On WhatsApp to not disturb them. Obviously, it is not possible for you to keep your phone on silent always. Hence, the next best thing to do is to silence the WhatsApp notifications. Moreover, this method works well for both iPhone and Android users.
Also Read: How To Send Large Video Files On WhatsApp!
• Step 1: Go to WhatsApp and open the Settings.
• Step 2: Move to Notifications
• Step 3: From the notifications, choose None.
2. Disable notifications for WhatsApp to go Invisible On WhatsApp
The second method is to disable your WhatsApp notifications. Stick to the following steps to perform this method.
- Step 1: Go to your phone settings and open Apps.
- Step 2: From the list of Apps, select WhatsApp.
- Step 3: Tap on the Notifications and disable all notifications by turning off the toggle in front of Show Notifications at the top.
You can even disable particular notifications such as Group notifications, message notifications, etc.
By performing the step mentioned above, you will be able to disable WhatsApp notifications. However, disabling notifications doesn’t mean that you won’t receive messages.
On the contrary, if you get a message on WhatsApp, you will not receive any notifications about the message. But you can always check on the notifications by opening the app at your convenience.
Also Read: What Is End To End Encryption In WhatsApp?
3. Disabling Notification lights for WhatsApp notifications to go Invisible On WhatsApp
It might be the case that your phone has a notification LED light that blinks in case of a new message or other notifications. Interestingly, it can happen that the LED notifications might be turned ON for WhatsApp as well. In that case, you will have to turn off LED notifications for WhatsApp, along with turning off regular notifications for WhatsApp. Here are the steps to do it.
- Step 1: Open WhatsApp and move to settings
- Step 2: Click on Notifications.
- Step 3: Choose the pick light option from various options available and then select “None.”
Other than turning off your notifications, you can also delete the shortcut for WhatsApp from your home screen. It is helpful if you want to see the alerts only when you open the main app page. Even though you will keep on receiving messages but it will be your choice when you want to check them.
4. Invisible On WhatsApp – Force Closing WhatsApp
Force stopping WhatsApp is another excellent option to go invisible on WhatsApp. Not only will it help you in getting invisible, but this method will make sure you get no messages until you want. Below are the steps to do it:
- Step 1: Open the phone Settings and go to the apps.
- Step 2: From various applications, find and select WhatsApp.
- Step 3: Click on Force Stop.
What force stop will do is, it won’t allow WhatsApp service to run in the background. Hence, there will be no scenario of WhatsApp using your mobile data to access messages. However, there is a problem with this method, the next time you start using the app again, everything will be back to normal. But we have already told you the ways to disable the notifications so you can combine that method with this method for the most optimum result.
Moreover, keep in mind, if you are not willing to show the sender the double-tick, then don’t open your WhatsApp after selecting the Force Stop button.
Also Read: How To Unblock Yourself On WhatsApp!
5. Disable background data for WhatsApp to go Invisible On WhatsApp
You might already know this, but your WhatsApp keeps on working in the background. In fact, it is always running. That’s why you receive messages even when you are not using your phone. The following steps will help you to disable background data for WhatsApp. However, this method only works with Android phones.
- Step 1: Go to phone settings.
- Step 2: Go to data options.
- Step 3: From the data options, select disable background data and revoke all permissions for WhatsApp.
The steps mentioned above will kill WhatsApp without actually deleting or uninstalling it.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 10000
How To Disable WhatsApp – Conclusion
Indubitably, WhatsApp is one of the mainstream messaging apps in India and is has outgrown all the other options out there. There is no denying the fact that this app has made it very convenient to communicate.
However, WhatsApp can sure get annoying at times. And you cannot just log out of WhatsApp like most social media platforms. But there are still ways around how to disable WhatsApp like turning off background data for WhatsApp, disabling mobile data, and more.
Also, if you don’t want the recipient to get the ‘Double Tick’ signal indicating the message was sent (and acknowledged on your phone), don’t open WhatsApp after pressing the ‘Force Stop’ button.
You can reverse all of these processes whenever you choose. Have fun turning it off and leading an uninterrupted life! We all need that space to retain the much needed sanity in our fast lives. Hopefully this guide is exactly what you were looking for.
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…