How To Go Invisible On WhatsApp Without Deleting The App
WhatsApp is one of the most widely used platforms around the globe and it’s quite addictive and users tend to waste a lot of time on the app. However, WhatsApp doesn’t provide you an option to go hidden, so you have to find alternatives for that. The best options to go invisible are to turn off notifications for WhatsApp, disabling mobile data for WhatsApp, changing the ringtone of WhatsApp, and more. So, to help you get hidden on WhatsApp, we have bought some methods and the steps to perform those methods.
Highlights of the Story
- WhatsApp is not your regular social media messaging platform where you can just log out; if you don’t want to use WhatsApp, there is not a lot that you can do other than uninstalling it.
- The alternate of removing WhatsApp from your phone is disabling the mobile data/ background data for WhatsApp, deactivating both the sound as well as LED notification for WhatsApp, or using silence as notification ringtone for WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is the most used social media platform in India. In terms of numbers, about 340 million people from India use WhatsApp, which is way more than any other country. As a matter of fact, this social media platform has become an inseparable part of a majority of people living in India.
Also Read: How To Share Location On WhatsApp!
However, WhatsApp has some disadvantages too. For instance, you cannot just log out of this application, as you can do with the likes of Instagram and Facebook. If you want to stop using it, there are just a few options that can help you as the app doesn’t give you a chance to disappear. So, for most users, the only option that remains is deleting WhatsApp. But removing from your phone also means that you won’t be able to receive any messages.
Uninstalling usually is the last resort, especially for applications like WhatsApp, as deleting and reinstalling an app with all that massive data is daunting. So, what’s an alternative of completing removing WhatsApp from your phone, or more importantly, do we have an alternative or not.
Yes, there are ways to fall off the radar without actually deleting WhatsApp from your phone. What you will be doing is silencing it or temporarily disabling your WhatsApp instead of removing it entirely from your phone.
In this piece, we have mentioned some ways that will help you go invisible on WhatsApp. Let’s get started.
Also read: Top Camera Smartphones
Ways to go ‘Invisible’ On WhatsApp
All the methods mentioned below are a notch above “hiding last seen” and disabling “Read Notifications.” But you can always turn back to a regular WhatsApp activity when you feel like with just a few clicks.
1. Turning OFF Notification sounds for Whatsapp
This might be the best solution for the people that don’t want WhatsApp’s notification tone to disturb them. Obviously, it is not possible for you to keep your phone on silent always. Hence, the next best thing to do is to silence the WhatsApp notifications. Moreover, this method works well for both iPhone and Android users.
Also Read: How To Send Large Video Files On WhatsApp!
• Step 1: Go to WhatsApp and open the Settings.
• Step 2: Move to Notifications
• Step 3: From the notifications, choose None.
2. Disable notifications for WhatsApp
The second method is to disable your WhatsApp notifications. Stick to the following steps to perform this method.
- Step 1: Go to your phone settings and open Apps.
- Step 2: From the list of Apps, select WhatsApp.
- Step 3: Tap on the Notifications and disable all notifications by turning off the toggle in front of Show Notifications at the top.
You can even disable particular notifications such as Group notifications, message notification, etc.
By performing the step mentioned above, you will be able to disable WhatsApp notifications. However, disabling notifications doesn’t mean that you won’t receive messages. On the contrary, if you get a message on WhatsApp, you will not receive any notifications about the message. But you can always check on the notifications by opening the app as per your convenience.
Also Read: What Is End To End Encryption In WhatsApp?
3. Disabling Notification lights for WhatsApp notifications
It might be the case that your phone has a notification LED light that blinks in case of a new message or other notifications. Interestingly, it can happen that the LED notifications might be turned ON for WhatsApp as well. In that case, you will have to turn off LED notifications for WhatsApp, along with turning off regular notifications for WhatsApp. Here are the steps to do it.
- Step 1: Open WhatsApp and move to settings
- Step 2: Click on Notifications.
- Step 3: Choose the pick light option from various options available and then select “None.”
Other than turning off your notifications, you can also delete the shortcut for WhatsApp from your home screen. It is helpful if you want to see the alerts only when you open the main app page. Even though you will keep on receiving messages but it will be your choice when you want to check them.
4. Force Closing WhatsApp
Force stopping WhatsApp is another excellent option to go invisible on WhatsApp. Not only will it help you in getting invisible, but this method will make sure you get no messages until you want. Below are the steps to do it:
- Step 1: Open the phone Settings and go to the apps.
- Step 2: From various applications, find and select WhatsApp.
- Step 3: Click on Force Stop.
What force stop will do is, it won’t allow WhatsApp service to run in the background. Hence, there will be no scenario of WhatsApp using your mobile data to access messages. However, there is a problem with this method, the next time you start using the app again, everything will be back to normal. But we have already told you the ways to disable the notifications so you can combine that method with this method for the most optimum result.
Moreover, keep in mind, if you are not willing to show the sender the double-tick, then don’t open your WhatsApp after selecting the Force Stop button.
Also Read: How To Unblock Yourself On WhatsApp!
5. Disable background data for WhatsApp
You might already know this, but your WhatsApp keeps on working in the background. In fact, it is always running. That’s why you receive messages even when you are not using your phone. The following steps will help you to disable background data for WhatsApp. However, this method only works with Android phones.
- Step 1: Go to phone settings.
- Step 2: Go to data options.
- Step 3: From the data options, select disable background data and revoke all permissions for WhatsApp.
The steps mentioned above will kill WhatsApp without actually deleting or uninstalling it.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 10000
Indubitably, WhatsApp is one of the mainstream messaging apps in India and is expected to grow at a rapid pace in the coming years. There is no denying the fact that this app has made it very convenient to communicate.
However, with so many unnecessary forwards and their constant alerts, the app can become annoying at times. And you cannot just log out of WhatsApp like most social media platforms. But there are still ways around to go invisible on WhatsApp like turning off background data for WhatsApp, disabling mobile data, and more.
- iPhone 12 vs iPhone 11 Pro full comparison and which one should you buy if you an 80000 budget.
- Here is a list of the top Android games of 2020 with the best graphics.
- There are a lot of features that we can easily find out just by scrolling down on our iPhone. But along with them, there are some of the features that are highly useful but hidden inside the roots of our iPhone, not known by many. Surprisingly, iOS 14 opens up the door to get in…
- Best Upcoming Smartphones in India in the new year 2021
Latest ReviewsView All
- Vivo V20 definitely stands out in the design front. It offers a sleek, light weight design which definitely has a premium feel to it
- OPPO F17 Pro stands out on the design front. From its slim and compact form factor to the dual-tone matte-finished back panel, it is a gorgeous-looking phone.
- iPhone 12 Pro is a worthy upgrade with a new boxy design and A14 Bionic chipset, plus a slight upgrade in the camera.
- Poco X3 brings in some nice upgrades over the Poco X2 but it might feel bulky in hands.