How To Use Android Auto: A Step By Step Guide!
Android Auto is a technology or we can say an interface that mirrors your Android smartphone to your car’s entertainment system.. With some Google Assistant and some Android Auto compatible apps such as Spotify, Maps and more, it makes managing your notifications much easier with support for voice commands and more.
Highlights of the Story
- Android Auto can convert you dumb in car entertainment into a smart entertainment system powered by Google Assistant.
- You simply need to connect your Android smartphone with the supported car using the USB cable and you are good to go.
- Here’s how you can setup and use Android Auto.
Automobile technology has seen some of the biggest updates in past years. With almost a mini-computer installed inside your car to enable some of the smart features and also improve the in-car entertainment system.
To provide a complete in-car environment that is as good as your smartphone, the carmakers partnered with Google to produce Android Auto that is a technology that basically mirrors all the Android features from your smartphone and displays it on the screen. You can control your music, answer phone calls, use google assistant, and use voice to reply to messages.
If you have a car with an Android Auto feature, and wondering how to use it. Here is a complete guide for it. But first, let’s talk about Android Auto and understand its features.
What is Android Auto?
Android Auto is an interface that connects your Android smartphone with your Android Auto supported car. To access this feature you need to download Android Auto on your smartphone and complete the setup process. You need to connect your device to your car using a USB cable and once the process is complete you can see the Android Auto screen on your car’s entertainment system screen.
Some of the useful features of Android Auto include GPS and Navigation using Google Maps, Music Player, Web Search, voice reply to messages, etc. The display is built to make it easy to read while driving and voice commands are also integrated through Google Assistant.
There are mainly two ways to use the Android Auto app. Using as a standalone experience on your smartphone or by connecting it to any compatible infotainment system. Although it works similarly in both ways. But using it with a car supporting Android Auto will give you the best experience.
If you want to simply use the Android Auto app the process is pretty straightforward. You just start the applications and put your phone on a phone mount to make it easily accessible. The Android Auto allows you to do hands-free calling, as your smartphone will work as a microphone while making a phone call.
While using Android Auto, the information on the display of your smartphone is also very easy to grasp as the text size is quite large that is easy to read. You can also use Android Auto on your phone’s display by connecting it to any Bluetooth-supported car.
How to use Android Auto?
So, finally, it’s time to check all the steps that we need to know before using the Android Auto. As we mentioned there are mainly two ways to use it. The first one is having a compatible car that supports Android Auto and the other one is by directly using the application on your smartphone. Below are the steps that you have to follow to use Android Auto.
Pre-Requisites For Android Auto
But before moving further make sure you have an Android device running Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and above. Google recommends using the latest OS for the best experience. If you’re on Android 9.0 or below you will have to download the app from Play Store. From Android 10 the app is pre-installed on smartphones.
Setup Android Auto App on Smartphone:
- Download Android Auto app for your smartphone from here.
- Open Android Auto, and download any addon applications if it asks for.
- Now Review and accept the Terms & Conditions and Safety Notice.
- You have to set up Android Auto by giving the app access permissions, you can also turn the notifications on.
- If you want to pair with Bluetooth, select the device and also enable auto-launch for Android auto.
Also read: Top Camera Smartphones
Method 1. Connect Android Auto to Car Display (With a USB Cable)
- Turn on your car and make sure it is parked.
- Get a USB cable and connect the phone to the car. If you haven’t downloaded the app it will prompt you to download it.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and give all the permissions if asked.
- Now open Android Auto on your Car’s display and follow the instructions.
Method 2. Connect Android Auto to Car Display (Wirelessly)
The step for using Android Auto on Car’s display wirelessly is very similar to the USB cable. If you’re connecting the Car’s infotainment system for the first time you are required to use the USB cable for the setup process.
For connecting follow the same steps as mentioned above. The next time it will automatically connect wirelessly through Bluetooth. Wireless connections might take few seconds to start.
With Android Auto all setup, you can check your important notifications on the in-car entertainment display, answer phone calls, reply to messages using voice commands and also ask for directions to any place you would like to drive to. Basically, it makes your car entertainment much smarter with Google Assistant.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…