Most Annoying Problems With Xiaomi Smartphones And How To Fix Them
Xiaomi no doubt is one of the most popular brands in India that offers great value for money devices. But users are not a fan of the MIUI in general and the devices frequently encounter some common issues such as laggy performance, overheating, battery drain issues, and more. But are the issues really that troublesome? Here are the fixes for some of the most common issues with Xiaomi devices.
Highlights of the Story
- Smartphone problems are not a new thing but are you facing them too often on your Xiaomi device?
- A number of Xiaomi users have complained about different problems with their smartphones such as battery drain issues, sluggish performance, intriguing ads, etc.
- Here How to fix these common problems for Xiaomi Smartphones.
Xiaomi is amongst the top 5 smartphone brands in India and offers smartphones at every price bracket. These devices offer great value for money and are meant to be sold Millions of units of each variant. With so many smartphones in the market and Millions of active users, these smartphones tend to show some common issues/problems. These issues could be generic to Android OS, or might be due to some bugs in MIUI.
Some common issues that Xiaomi users face are, GPS issues, overheating, poor battery life, laggy performance, Network connectivity issues, and more. In this article, we are going to talk about some easy solutions that you can apply quickly. So, let’s find out what are those most common problems with Xiaomi smartphones and how to fix them.
Also Read: Top 20 Value-for-Money Smartphones in 2020
Solution 1: Fix GPS Issue on Xiaomi Smartphones
Some Xiaomi users have reportedly stated that they face GPS problems on their smartphones. This means, when you use an online maps service such as Google Maps, the device does not show the correct location. Your phone fails to connect with the map service and the GPS fails to load the current location. This issue is common and can be resolved with the below-mentioned actions.
The first step of troubleshooting any issue is to keep MIUI updated, and you can simply bypass this issue. In case this does not resolve the issue, you can also try some additional steps listed below.
1. Restart your GPS from the notification bar. Swipe it down and turn it off first. Then turn it on again after waiting for a few seconds.
2. You can also toggle On and Off the Airplane mode to refresh the connection and network settings. It also fixes the GPS issues most of the time.
3. Restart your phone using the power button, and the GPS problem should be gone
4. Sometimes your additional phone cover can interrupt the GPS signal reception, so removing it may solve your problem.
5. You can do a factory reset to resolve the GPS problem on your Redmi phone. But make sure to do a backup of your data. Go to settings > backup and reset > Factory reset to do a factory reset.
Solution 2: Fix Overheating Issue on Xiaomi Smartphones
Overheating issue is nothing new on Android powered smartphones and since we are talking specifically about Xiaomi smartphones here, the issues are quite common here too. The overheating issue is most apparent in older Xiaomi smartphones such as Redmi Note 5 Pro and Redmi Note 7 Pro smartphones which were powered by older 600 series Snapdragon processors and were prone to overheating issues.
You can fix overheating situation on your Xiaomi smartphone if you can avoid the following:
- Don’t do cellular phone calls for more than 40 minutes
- Don’t play a graphic intensive game such as PUBG mobile constantly for more than 20-30 minutes, take a break in between, and then start playing again
- Avoid using multiple apps at the same time, Don’t do multitasking as it heats up the phone pretty fast
- Avoid constantly watching videos or listening to music for more than 40 minutes
- Also, try not to capture videos and pictures constantly with your phone. Especially on a hot sunny day.
Remembering all these points all the time may not be the easiest of things to do, but fixing the overheating problem is a cakewalk if you follow the guide below.
1. Remove any smartphone case or cover, this can block the heat dissipation from the back panel. In case you have any sticker or skin installed on the rear, get rid of this as well.
2. Close all the unwanted apps that you are not using currently
3. Keep the phone regularly updated from Settings > About phone > System Update, which helps you with the overheating issue.
4. Removing widgets and Live Wallpapers can also save some battery life
5. Change the battery mode from settings -> Advanced Options -> Battery -> Battery Mode -> Turn on battery saver mode to keep it cool
Also Read: How To Recover Deleted Photos On Android?
Solution 3: Fix UI Lagging Problem on Xiaomi
Some of Xiaomi’s budget smartphones come with UI lagging issues. Lagging issues include slow performance and apps crashing. But you don’t have to tolerate these issues on a daily basis because there are some extremely easy solutions available. You can find the solutions to UI lagging issues on Xiaomi phones from the steps below.
- Do a factory reset of your device. But make sure to back up all your data to another device or cloud storage before doing a factory reset. Check out the number 2 solution above of the Fix Overheating Issue on Xiaomi Smartphones part of the post.
- Try to delete unnecessary data and media files from your phone. Use an SD card rather than internal storage to keep important things.
- Clear unwanted cache from the apps, or use apps such as CCleaner to remove all the unwanted files.
- Reduce the animation speeds to make your UI faster than before
- Open Settings
- Search for Build Number
- Click on the first result
- Scroll down, and you will find the build number of your phone
- Tap on it 7 times continuously, and it will open up the Developer options on your phone
- From the Developer option, find the Drawing section
- Now you will see that there are three animation scales including Window, Transition & Animator duration respectively
- By default, they are set to 1x
- You can change them to.5x or 0.25x to boost your user interface.
Also Read: 3 Secret Tips To Speed Up Your Xiaomi Phone
Solution 4: Fix Battery Drain Issue on Xiaomi
Since Xiaomi smartphones come with a myriad of features, it’s possible to encounter the battery drain issue once in a while or after a few months when the battery starts to age. If you are facing the same, don’t worry. It’s not an uncommon issue since many people are also complaining about the same. And luckily, there are some easy ways you can fix the battery draining issue on your Xiaomi phone. Please follow the guides below.
1. Keep your phone updated always. The best way to check if your phone is running the latest version or not, go to Settings>About phone>System update. By keeping your phone up to date, you can avoid many troubles.
2. Clear your device cache from Settings>Storage>Cached data. Unnecessary files can typically slow down your phone and use a lot of battery percentage.
3. Maybe it is a new app that you have recently installed causing so many troubles with your phone’s battery? You can analyze the applications that are consuming too much battery from Settings>Battery>Power>Battery use. Once you find the culprit application, either remove it or clear the cache of that particular app.
4 Uninstall the apps you almost don’t use.
5. Turn automatic brightness off from Settings>Display>Brightness level— toggle off the automatic feature.
6. Increase battery life by decreasing the display sleep time from Settings>Lock screen & Password>Sleep.
7. Disable “Wake lock screen for notifications” from Settings>Lock screen & Password
8. Turn off Bluetooth and location sharing option from Settings>About phone>More>Location>Access to my location
Solution 5: Remove Ads from Xiaomi Smartphone
Promotional messages, ads, pop-ups, etc., can ruin the user experience of Xiaomi smartphone users. These ads basically appear in preloaded apps, including Mi Browser, Mi Music, Mi Launcher, and Mi Video. These ads are annoying and you can follow the below-mentioned steps to remove these ads.
Step 1: Make sure that your device is connected to the internet and updated to MIUI 12.
Step 2: Then go to Settings > Additional Settings > Authorization & revocation > and set msa to Off
Step 3: Wait for a few seconds (about 30 seconds) and tap on Revoke
Step 4: Every time you try to revoke, it will show the “Couldn’t revoke authorization” error message. You just need to ignore it and keep on doing the same until you succeed in revoking the permission.
Step 5: Then go to Settings > Additional Settings > Privacy > Ad services Personalized ad recommendations > and set it to Off
After this, your Xiaomi device won’t show you any ads anymore, and you can enjoy your high-quality budget-friendly phone like never before.
Please note that the issues stated here are not the highlights of Xiaomi phones. Xiaomi smartphones come with many great features at a budget price. So these issues alone should not restrict you from purchasing. And even if you come across any problem, you will know how to solve them as you have read this guide.
Also Read: Best Smartphones To Play Call Of Duty Mobile
- Here's how to watch India vs England test, T20, and ODI series online for free. The series is set to begin on February 5th, Friday
- Tempered glass has the ability to protect your mobile phone screen from accidental drops to a certain limit. Installing a tempered glass is not an easy task and it requires precision. Here we list out a step-by-step installation process to apply the tempered glass on your smartphone.
- Rooting your Android phone brings numerous benefits that most people are unaware of. Not only does it improve your mobile phone's functioning, but it also gives you a wide variety of new features that were not available before. These advantages have been explained in this article, so do not miss out on them anymore.
- Free Fire has a variety of character skins that can be purchased via diamonds. Diamonds are the in-game currency of the game and this is how you can get it for free without purchasing.
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Redmi 9 Power is for you if you are looking for a phone which is under Rs 12,000/-, has a large battery, and you want to multi-task.
- Xiaomi Mi 10i is an excellent phone at a budget in India with a blend of more than an average processor.
- The compact and handy design of iPhone 12 Mini will make you fall for it at the first looks.