YouTube is Testing New Feature to Download Videos on Desktop Browser
Highlights of the Story
- Download YouTube Videos on Desktop Browser
- the user can choose from a variety of resolutions in the Settings menu
- The new feature will be available for testing until October 19
YouTube is testing out a new feature that lets users download videos to their computer’s Web browser. This latest feature is presently available as an experimental feature for Premium subscribers. Paid YouTube members can now download content for offline viewing on Android and iOS. Only computers running the most recent versions of Chrome, Edge, or Opera will be able to use this feature.
Interested users can go to YouTube’s Try experimental new features website, which outlines the tests that are available to Premium subscribers. Eligible users will notice a download option next to the like and share buttons while watching a video.
To assure video quality, the user can choose from a variety of resolutions in the Settings menu, with full-HD (1080p) being the highest. There are other options for High (720p), Medium (480p), and Low (144p). To save space, you can erase all local downloads from the browser cache with a single click.
How to Download YouTube Videos on Desktop Browser
YouTube will begin downloading the video when you click on it. Users can watch the download once it’s finished by going to the Downloads area of the hamburger menu on the left side of the screen, just below the “Watch Later” option. You can watch downloaded videos by going to youtube.com/feed/downloads or using the side navigation panel.
The new feature will be available for testing until October 19; but YouTube is expected to roll it out to the public soon after. At the moment, Premium users of the YouTube app for Android and iOS can download videos for offline watching if the video is not private and the creator permits it.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…