Redmi 9 Vs Realme C15: Which Is The Better Budget Offering?
Redmi 9 and Realme C15 are entry-level smartphones that recently launched in India. They both have some of the same features. Let us look in detail.
Highlights of the Story
- Redmi 9 and Realme C15 have similar specifications and price points.
- C15 has a quad read camera setup.
- Redmi 9 packs a 5,000mAh battery.
Xiaomi’s recently launched Redmi 9 is in direct competition with Realme C15. They both have some great features that match and come under the same price segment. The companies are touting them as affordable smartphones in the market.
In turn, it can make the decision making harder for people interested in them. So, to help you – here is a detailed discussion of the specs and price of both smartphones.
Redmi 9 vs Realme C15 Specs: Compared
Both the phones sport large HD+ displays. However, Redmi 9 sports a 6.53-inch HD+ display with a resolution of 1600×720 pixels. C15 is not that different with a 6.5-inch HD+ display with the same 1600×720 pixels resolution. In addition, they both feature a waterdrop style notch on the top.
Again, when talking about their software – they run on Android 10 and their own custom skins on top of it. Realme C15 comes with the Realme UI on top, whereas, Redmi 9 features MIUI 12.
Also Read: Poco Confirms X3 Under Development
At the same time, they both are powered by the MediaTek Helio G35 processor. This means that both the devices will have similar performance on paper.
When it comes to storage, Redmi 9 comes with only 4GB RAM paired with 64GB/128GB of storage. On the other hand, C15 has 2 storage variants: 3GB RAM/32GB and 4GB RAM/64GB.
However, with the camera, Redmi 9 sports a dual-camera setup, housing a 13MP primary sensor paired with a secondary 2MP depth sensor. Whereas, C15 features a quad camera setup on the back. It houses a 13MP primary sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2MP monochrome sensor, and a 2MP “retro” lens.
Meanwhile, the front cameras for Redmi 9 consist of a 5MP sensor. Whereas, 8MP sensor is a part of the Realme C15 front camera.
Another difference point is seen in the batteries of the phone. Redmi 9 is backed by a 5,000mAh battery with support for 10W charging. Compared to, Realme C15’s 6,000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
Both the devices feature a fingerprint sensor on the back. They also support face unlock technology. But Realme C15 still holds the older micro USB port for charging and data transfer. Compared to, Redmi 9 USB Type-C charging port.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 is pricing at Rs 8,999 for the 4GB RAM/64GB storage variant and at Rs 9,999 for the 4GB RAM/128GB storage variant. Whereas, C15 is selling for Rs 9,999 for the 3GB RAM/32GB storage variant and at Rs 10,999 for the 4GB RAM/64GB storage variant.
The former comes in three color options: Sky Blue, Sporty Orange, and Carbon Black. Whereas, the latter comes in Power Blue and Power Silver color options.
Redmi 9 is available starting August 31 via Amazon, Mi.com, Mi Home Stores, and partner offline stores. The latter smartphone is available on Flipkart and its official website.
Realme C15 will be available for offline sales from September 3.
In conclusion, if one is deciding on which one to buy from these two, the deciding factor lies in the camera and battery power of the phone. Mostly, it completely depends on consumer usage and needs to choose the best one they are suited for.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 40000
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…