Redmi Teases “Mini” Smartphone
Xiaomi is buckling up for the launch of their iPhone 12 mini like smartphone. This was teased by Redmi’s product director, Wang Teng.
Highlights of the Story
- Xiaomi is gearing up for its latest iPhone 12 mini like smartphone
- Redmi’s product director, Wang Teng teased the product
- However, the battery life will be compromised
Redmi’s general manager Lu Weibing stated a few details about the launch of a Mini Redmi smartphone as well. A Weibo post reveals that Redmi might be the latest brand to join the league of these small-screen smartphone makers under the mini category of devices. After coming up with amazing devices like the Redmi 9 Prime, Redmi Note 9 Pro and Pro Max, it will definitely be interesting to see the upcoming mini handset.
Furthermore, Weibing also states that there may be a couple of factors associated with the release. For starters, the battery life of this mini smartphone will be compromised, big time. The battery life will not be that long lasting especially when compared to the big display smartphones out there.
Moreover, this factor is actually clearly evident in the latest iPhone 12 Mini. The small smartphone comes with a very small battery capacity of 2227mAh battery. In the contemporary world, this kind of a battery capacity is actually considered to be very small. 2020 is a year which has witnessed mostly 6000mAh and 7000mAh battery capacities in smartphones. This is why such a small battery capacity in a smartphone might be a big issue. Moreover, this will be even more problematic as it is an Android device we are talking about. Android smartphones have a lot of running apps in the background which consume a lot of battery.
Redmi Mini Vs iPhone 12 Mini
Xiaomi has taken ideas from iPhone models many times in the recent past. From Apple’s display technology to the design of smartphones, we have seen Xiaomi take a lot of ideas. This is why the possible launch of a mini Redmi smartphone is not really that surprising.
However, there are quite a few mini sized smartphones in the market already. The iPhone SE 2020, the Google Pixel 4a, 5 and a variety of smartphones fall under this mini category of smartphones. On the other hand, Redmi has mostly focused on big display smartphones. Furthermore, coming up with a under 6-inch display smartphone might be a bit weird. However, it will definitely be interesting to see how Android users will react to the new design and size.
Given the fact that it will be a close look alike to the iPhone 12, it will definitely get quite the hype. However, the speculated low battery capacity might be an issue. Only time will tell.
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…