Xiaomi Mi 11 Announced With Snapdragon 888 Chipset
According to rumors, the Snapdragon 888-powered Mi 11 is tipped to launch in January 2021.
Highlights of the Story
- Xiaomi has confirmed the Mi 11 will launch with the new Snapdragon 888 SoC.
- Co-Founder Lei Jun made the official announcement.
- Mi 11 launch is tipped for January 2021.
At the Qualcomm 2020 summit, Xiaomi Mi 11 is now official. This new Mi-series flagship will be amongst the first phones to come with the newly unveiled processor. It will come with Snapdragon 888 SoC, Xiaomi Co-Founder and CEO Lei Jun revealed. However, Mi 11 specifications are not out yet. Moreover, it is expecting to debut alongside the Mi 11 Pro in January.
“I’m very happy to tell you that the next-generation Xiaomi premium 5G smartphone powered by Snapdragon 888 will launch very soon,” “This is a cutting-edge product full of numerous top-notch features.”
However, he did not provide any further details about the Xiaomi Mi 11 during the Qualcomm keynote.
Snapdragon 888 SoC succeeds the Snapdragon 865 chipset. It features a new third-gen Qualcomm Snapdragon X60 5G modem for 5G mmWave and sub-6 across all major telcos worldwide. The chipset also highlights upgraded Adreno GPU, 144Hz refresh rate support, 6th-gen Qualcomm AI engine, and faster image processing.
Also Read: 7 Apps To Boost Your Productivity
Xiaomi Mi 11 Rumors
Xiaomi Mi 11 will come as the successor to the Mi 10 that launched in January. The new smartphone is touting to debut very soon as a “cutting-edge” product by Xiaomi.
On the other hand, reports suggest that the new Xiaomi Mi 11 would come with a 48-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera. A Geekbench listing carrying a model number M2012K11C also suggested that the Mi 11 could come with at least 6GB of RAM and run on Android 11 out-of-the-box.
Also Read: 9 Things To Do With Your New Android Phone
It will likely come with Mi 11 Pro that can have a QHD+ display with a 120Hz refresh rate. Both Mi 11 and Mi 11 Pro are expecting to debut in January and come with MIUI 12. The Mi 11 Pro in the series can also power on the Snapdragon 888 SoC.
Aside from the Mi 11, the Snapdragon 888 SoC can also power a range of Android flagship smartphones in 2021. Smartphone companies including Asus, BlackShark, Lenovo, LG, Meizu, Motorola, Nubia, Realme, OnePlus, Oppo, and Vivo have announced their support for the new chipset.
Also read: Compare Mobile Phones
- iPhone 12 vs iPhone 11 Pro full comparison and which one should you buy if you an 80000 budget.
- Here is a list of the top Android games of 2020 with the best graphics.
- There are a lot of features that we can easily find out just by scrolling down on our iPhone. But along with them, there are some of the features that are highly useful but hidden inside the roots of our iPhone, not known by many. Surprisingly, iOS 14 opens up the door to get in…
- Best Upcoming Smartphones in India in the new year 2021
Latest ReviewsView All
- Vivo V20 definitely stands out in the design front. It offers a sleek, light weight design which definitely has a premium feel to it
- OPPO F17 Pro stands out on the design front. From its slim and compact form factor to the dual-tone matte-finished back panel, it is a gorgeous-looking phone.
- iPhone 12 Pro is a worthy upgrade with a new boxy design and A14 Bionic chipset, plus a slight upgrade in the camera.
- Poco X3 brings in some nice upgrades over the Poco X2 but it might feel bulky in hands.